Paris Hilton out of jail?

greasywheels121

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:49 AM)
Don't blame her, blame the system. It's being reported that the offense for driving on a suspended license, which is why she was in there, in Cali IS less than a week in jail.

In IL, 1st time DWLS is usually just fines and court supervision, if you majorly mess that up, then they talk about convicting so you lose your license. Jail time is not usually involved in IL with DWLS until multiple times.

I'm not sure about CA or her driving record, but even for 1st time DUI in IL you get supervision classes and a fine.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/07/p...lton/index.html

looks like house arrest, and release was due to a medical condition

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)

gonorrhea?

;)

Close. IIRC, earlier this year a script in her name for Herpes medication was plastered all over the net.

She won't last 4 days at home even with the 4000+ square footage. Thankfully she can't make a buck off it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:08 AM)
Close. IIRC, earlier this year a script in her name for Herpes medication was plastered all over the net.

So if you have an STD you don't have to serve out a prison term? :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:08 AM)
She won't last 4 days at home even with the 4000+ square footage. Thankfully she can't make a buck off it.

She'll probably get out of the house arrest too. They'll let her our for "work-related" reasons. I've read she's already planning on writing a book about all of this. She'll make a ton.

Man I am so glad she got released.. I told one of my friends she wouldn't have to go, and they gave me a lot of s*** when she did but now shes out, and they are quite pissed..

Now she just needs to get out of house arrest

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:53 AM)
So if you have an STD you don't have to serve out a prison term? :huh

Really? Where did you hear that, because I didn't say anything even remotely close to that.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:53 AM)
I've read she's already planning on writing a book about all of this. She'll make a ton.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:25 AM)
Too bad California's Son of Sam law was struck down in 2002.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:02 PM)
Really? Where did you hear that, because I didn't say anything even remotely close to that.

She was released due to a medical condition. You implied that was it.

So if the Son of Sam law was struck down, does that mean it can't be used? Besides that, it seems to be targeted mostly towards violent criminals, not DUI offenders.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:13 PM)
She was released due to a medical condition.

I was watching MSNBC as this was all unfolding. One reporter called this 100% crap. I loved her example, Jack Kavorkia has cancer all over his body and is dying. He was not allowed out of jail. How could Paris have something more serious than that!?

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:13 PM)
She was released due to a medical condition. You implied that was it.

So if the Son of Sam law was struck down, does that mean it can't be used? Besides that, it seems to be targeted mostly towards violent criminals, not DUI offenders.

No I did not. If you follow my response I was clearly responding to Athomeboy_2000's joke/sarcasm that it was gonorrhea.

I'm not an expert on the law and mearly reposted what Athomeboy_2000 initially posted.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:20 PM)
I was watching MSNBC as this was all unfolding. One reporter called this 100% crap. I loved her example, Jack Kavorkia has cancer all over his body and is dying. He was not allowed out of jail. How could Paris have something more serious than that!?

He doesn't have as much money.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)
Like I said before, she had a rash!

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Paris Hilton's medical condition was purely psychological and that she was in peril of having a nervous breakdown, and that's why she was released early this morning.

Psychiatrist Charles Sophy visited Hilton in jail yesterday and the day before. We're told after Sophy's visit yesterday, word was passed to the Sheriff that Hilton's mental state was fragile and she was at risk.

The reason for releasing her had nothing to do with a rash or other physical issues. It was purely in her head.

Last month, on the eve of a trial in which Hilton was accused of slandering socialite Zeta Graph, Dr. Sophy told the judge that Hilton was "emotionally distraught and traumatized" over her jail sentence, which prevented her from participating in a meaningful defense. That trial was put on hold until August.

UPDATE: Law enforcement sources have just told TMZ the County Jail medical team made the final decision to spring Paris based on Dr. Sophy's psychological evaluation. And we're told, Sheriff Lee Baca gave the final approval.