Paris Hilton out of jail?

greasywheels121

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
I don't think it's ever really a good idea to antagonize the judge when in court. Stuff like yelling out "May I have your autograph?" at the judge or attempting to merely phone into court will probably just get you in more trouble.

I was asking what the judge did wrong to overstep his boundaries though, I know what Paris did wrong

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
I was asking what the judge did wrong to overstep his boundaries though, I know what Paris did wrong

i don't think he did, was pointing out that judges often have a lot of leeway when sentencing someone... therefore acting like a jerk in court is probably a bad idea

:lol:

QUOTE(juddling @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
I'm willing to bet within 2 months of her getting out, there will be video of her getting out of a club, stumbling around, and getting behind the wheel. As weird as it is to say....i wouldn't mind if she ran into me while driving

You'd mind if she plowed into your car at 80MPH and killed your family. Im sure of it.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
It seemed like the judge over-stepped his boundaries a lot in this case, could make for an appeal. I think the judge needs to get the stick out of his ass personally. And im not a Paris fan at allll.

Stick up his ass? The Sherriff was given an order to detain the stupid, spoiled, tramp for 45 days and he disobeyed it. The Sherriff is damn lucky he didn't wind up in the clink himself for contempt. As for Paris? She needs to be locked in a dungeon for a year.

LA TImes.

Paris Hilton will end up serving more time behind bars than the vast majority of inmates sent to L.A. County Jail for similar offenses, according to a Times analysis of jail records.

Whether Hilton received special treatment from the Sheriff's Department has become the subject of much debate since Sheriff Lee Baca last week allowed the hotel heiress to go home after less than four full days in jail, despite a promise that she would serve 23 days of a 45-day sentence.

The Times analyzed 2 million jail releases and found 1,500 cases since July 2002 that — like Hilton's — involved defendants who had been arrested for drunk driving and later sentenced to jail after a probation violation or driving without a license.

Had Hilton left jail for good after four days, her stint behind bars would have been similar to those served by 60% of those inmates.

But after a judge sent her back to jail Friday, Hilton's attorney announced that she would serve the full 23 days. That means that Hilton will end up serving more time than 80% of other people in similar situations.

The findings came as some critics accused Baca of showing favoritism to Hilton and as the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors launched an investigation into whether the multimillionaire received special treatment because of her wealth and fame.

The data also underscore the profound effect of the Sheriff's Department's early-release program, which sets inmates free before their sentences are up to ease overcrowding.

Before the early-release program began in 2002, inmates with cases similar to Hilton's were sentenced to terms that amounted to an average of 23 days, the same as Hilton is expected to serve. They actually served 20 days. After the program began, the average term was 14 days, with inmates actually serving an average of four days.

Paris Hilton will be paid an amazing $1.3 million to talk about her time in jail - an absurdly lucrative deal that sparked blue-collar outrage across the city yesterday.

NBC will give her $1 million to talk about her time in the pokey, and she'll get another $300,000 for her first print interview and pictures as a sprung cell-ebutard.

Link

Edited by Iwritecode

"Paris Hilton will be paid an amazing $1.3 million to talk about her time in jail - an absurdly lucrative deal that sparked blue-collar outrage across the city yesterday.

NBC will give her $1 million to talk about her time in the pokey, and she'll get another $300,000 for her first print interview and pictures as a sprung cell-ebutard."

Blame the retards who give a s*** about some hotel owner's daughter, not the dopey daughter.

NBC wouldn't buy the story if they didn't know that lemmings everywhere will tune in to listen to that dips***'s vapid babbling.

Ha Ha!

Larry King: What is something you don't like about yourself?

Paris: Sometimes when I get really nervous, my voice gets high. It's very embarassing.

Um...I don't think that is what he meant, Blondie.