And That's A White Sox Loser

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:52 PM)
Hopefully we dont see Podsednick next year. Its over, this season is over.

Or Erstad

Some of the money we could have spent on Porcello will probably be spent on another year of Erstad.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
The first guy....

The guy started out what are we going to do about our future, and not this years future when posednick gets back. This season is over. Dye he is old, get rid of him. Trade Buerhle, he will fetch us something. Hopefully we dont see Podsednick next year. Its over, this season is over.

The first caller did a number on Thornton also. He said he had one good year. He is a one hit wonder. Send him down. He is just as bad as the rest.

I told fathom to stop calling...

:P I kid cause I care.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:56 PM)
Or Erstad

Some of the money we could have spent on Porcello will probably be spent on another year of Erstad.

Oh god, that is a horrible thought...

Who is ready for the Royals to surpass the White Sox and take 4th place? It will happen, especially if this is pretty much the same team for the rest of the season.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:56 PM)
Or Erstad

It's pretty incredible to be outspent by the Detroit Tigers, of all teams, for our own player in Magglio Ordonez, as well as Porcello.

Not to mention they have Verlander, Bonderman and Andr. Miller.

If you were just to forecast the teams with the best future in our division, you have to figure the Tigers would be up there at #1, despite their aging everyday line-up (Magglio, Guillen, Sheffield, Polanco, Casey, Monroe, I-Rod...I think all of those guys are in their 30's or above).

Just got back.

Cintron sucked ass tonight. He has the arm of a prepubescent swedish girl.

AJ got thrown out, for what? Slamming his bat down? I guess he must have said some s*** to blue.

Iguchi looks like he is starting to heat up big time. At least one of those fly balls would have been gone, 99/100 home games.

Edited by max power

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
It's pretty incredible to be outspent by the Detroit Tigers, of all teams, for our own player in Magglio Ordonez, as well as Porcello.

Not to mention they have Verlander, Bonderman and Andr. Miller.

If you were just to forecast the teams with the best future in our division, you have to figure the Tigers would be up there at #1, despite their aging everyday line-up (Magglio, Guillen, Sheffield, Polanco, Casey, Monroe, I-Rod...I think all of those guys are in their 30's or above).

How in the world can people still legitimately complain about the Tigers spending more on Ordonez than us? Letting Magglio walk turned out to be perhaps the best decision in White Sox history.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:20 PM)
How in the world can people still legitimately complain about the Tigers spending more on Ordonez than us? Letting Magglio walk turned out to be perhaps the best decision in White Sox history.

Yup, I was a huge Maggs fan. Still like him for what he did for us. He kept his mouth shut and played the game.

At the same time, we used the money he was getting for very important parts of out 05 championship ballclub.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
I could cry because this team makes me so sad. This team is my life and i'm continuously being hit in the heart night after night. It's so pathetic and depressing.

Yeah, it does suck. But it is the baseball cycle. No team can be like the Yanks, being a power house from generation to generation. The thing that gets me upset the most is not how the team sucks so bad, but how our GM is a stubborn mule who refuses to admit if he has ever made a wrong move or anything like that and try and fix it. I am getting sick of hearing the same underachieving speech KW gives everytime he talks to the media. The thing that would make me the happiest would see KW finally realizing he f***ed up and start a somewhat rebuilding process.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 04:31 AM)
So, who projects to be @ the top of next year's draft?

Whoever it is, it won't be a Boras player.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 04:32 AM)
Yeah, it does suck. But it is the baseball cycle. No team can be like the Yanks, being a power house from generation to generation. The thing that gets me upset the most is not how the team sucks so bad, but how our GM is a stubborn mule who refuses to admit if he has ever made a wrong move or anything like that and try and fix it. I am getting sick of hearing the same underachieving speech KW gives everytime he talks to the media. The thing that would make me the happiest would see KW finally realizing he f***ed up and start a somewhat rebuilding process.

Be patient....KW would look like an even bigger idiot if he publically came out and bashed this team's personnel. If this losing keeps up, we'll be sellers.

I just realized that if Porcello doesn't sign with the Tigers and goes to college, there would be a good chance of us passing him again in 3 years, since it is very likely this team will be picking in the top 15 at least, with the direction this organization is going.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)

Be patient....KW would look like an even bigger idiot if he publically came out and bashed this team's personnel. If this losing keeps up, we'll be sellers.

Oh I know. Him publicly saying this team sucks and such will bring down the players trade value drastically (not that is high right now anyway). Like you said, him doing a rebuilding would be the same as him saying he f***ed up.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:31 PM)

Since I really started following the sox, this is the first time I have written the season off so damn early. I mean usually were mediocre enough to be 5, 6 games out. With the Tigers and Tribe and the other teams we can't seem to beat I don't see how KW can possibly think he is a buyer.

I also like all the people who are using the Twins as an example last year for our comeback...Like we have Santana, Liriano, a great bullpen.

LOL, I usually don't give up on a team like this year.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
Since I really started following the sox, this is the first time I have written the season off so damn early. I mean usually were mediocre enough to be 5, 6 games out. With the Tigers and Tribe and the other teams we can't seem to beat I don't see how KW can possibly think he is a buyer.

I also like all the people who are using the Twins as an example last year for our comeback...Like we have Santana, Liriano, a great bullpen.

LOL, I usually don't give up on a team like this year.

That probably has more to do with us being a pretty damn good 1st half team than anything else.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)

KW usually hypes his players up enough that he gets decent return even if their nothing. He might be doing it again this year with his interviews. I can't see how he sees this team competing with the top 2 teams in this division.

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:32 PM)

I am all for rebuilding. I would rather watch young players than the effortless play given by our multi-millionaires.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:43 PM)
2nd highest OBP and 6th highest OPS in the game.

true but with others like hafner, ortiz, morneau, youkilis, and teixeria there isnt going to be many open slots at first. especially for a team underachieving like ours

This was a terrible game. The fans at the Cell left right before A-Rod came up with the bases loaded. And the ones that DID stay all knew what was coming.. everyone around said "I told ya so" when he jacked it.

If this team finishes within 5 games of .500 I'll be shocked.

Heads need to roll.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 11:31 PM)

From what I recall, Vanderbilt's third baseman Pedro Alvarez will be somewhere in the discussion. I'm sure daa84 could provide more on him.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
How has no message been sent yet?

Nothing from Kenny, Ozzie is laid back, nothing from Reinsy, and Walker hasn't been fired or reassigned yet.

Please surprise me with a move tonight Sox.

Here's something that won't surprise you. From Chicagosports.com

30367109.jpg

"But hey, this dude ran onto the field to keep things interesting in the ninth inning."