AAP:Aaron Poreda

QUOTE(Ozzie Ball @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
I think it would be a mistake to rush him. I would be happy if he spent most, if not all of next season in A ball and just worked on his secondary stuff because if he gets his slider and change-up to a good level he could be a great pitcher, however, if you're throwing him into the minors with just his fastball and below average slider/change-up there's a good chance he'll get rocked.

I totally agree with the above statement, furthermore, he was a college pitcher, but he was 20 years old when drafted, as compared to most college guys who are 21-22. I think it would be a good idea to keep him in the minors through the 2009 season and let him develop his slider/change. IMO he shouldn't get rushed and he shouldn't be in AAA until next year at the earliest if he keeps dominating. IMO he should spend most of this season in Winston-Salem with a taste of AA towards August.

QUOTE(2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 11:25 PM)
i just found it interesting that the sinker wasnt listed on here. whats going on with this guys now-a-days, hes intrigued me outta all the guys ive read about. wheres he gonna start the season at? about how many years before he hits the bigs?....i just started looking at this section of sox talk and i like it, good job fellas.

I thought that his fastball just has a natural sinking action...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I can't wait to see Aaron in the majors.

So far this year at Birmingham (he easily could be 6-0):

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO GO/AO AVG

3 3 2.16 6 6 1 1 0 33.1 23 9 8 0 19 32 1.21 .202

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aaron has been called up to the White Sox.

Final numbers this season at Birmingham:

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO GO/AO AVG

5 4 2.38 11 11 1 1 0 64.1 47 20 17 1 35 69 1.42 .206