AJ suspended 1 game

fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)
ESPN just announced it. Just tell him to appeal it, then drop it tomorrow and let Hall play.

I expect they will appeal, play him against Jennings today, then drop it and sit him for Wandy Rodriguez tomorrow.

Who is the emergency catcher if AJ is out and Hall goes down? Kong?

i'm twisted on this issue. AJ shows emotion, which our team needs but he does some stupid things like call out Ozzie and Toby Hall through the media. since buehrle and aj got into it, we've sucked goat balls.

I was 30 feet away, and I don't even think he should have been thrown out. Suspended? If it was someone else, it wouldn't have happened.

Also that ump sucked bad. I must have saw around 15 times where hitters from both teams were baffled as to the whereabouts of the strike zone.

QUOTE(max power @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 04:28 PM)
I was 30 feet away, and I don't even think he should have been thrown out. Suspended? If it was someone else, it wouldn't have happened.

Also that ump sucked bad. I must have saw around 15 times where hitters from both teams were baffled as to the whereabouts of the strike zone.

Throwing helmet back towards ump = completey retarded. He got what was coming to him, especially AFTER b****ing and slamming the bat.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:51 PM)
Throwing helmet back towards ump = completey retarded. He got what was coming to him, especially AFTER b****ing and slamming the bat.

AJP's acting like an asshole right now. You almost have to wonder if his time with this team is coming to an end also.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 07:00 PM)
AJP's acting like an asshole right now. You almost have to wonder if his time with this team is coming to an end also.

Yeah, heaven forbid we have players showing frustration with how awful the offense has been. We need to get rid of those players...

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
Yeah, heaven forbid we have players showing frustration with how awful the offense has been. We need to get rid of those players...

My comment had a lot more to do with the way he's handled the Toby Hall situation, as well as him and Buehrle not getting along. I give more credit to AJ than any other player for our 2005 season. However, you just want to make sure that he gets his focus back.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 05:51 PM)

I very rarely see people get booted after they slam down the bat and say s*** in frustration.

QUOTE(max power @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
Yeah, I agree with the suspension for throwing the helmet I guess, but the whole thing shouldn't have happened-he should not have been ejected.

First off you don't know what he said, second of all arguing balls and strikes after slamming your bat in a display towards the ump = automatic cya. Get a clue about how the game works.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 11:27 PM)
First off you don't know what he said, second of all arguing balls and strikes after slamming your bat in a display towards the ump = automatic cya. Get a clue about how the game works.

No, it isn't. It happens all the time after people strike out. I saw AJ do it about a week ago and he wasn't tossed then. So you get a clue. I guess I shouldn't have been kidding.

I don't know why you are trying to make this personal. Its pretty childish of you really. I was obviously kidding in my little flame.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)
My comment had a lot more to do with the way he's handled the Toby Hall situation, as well as him and Buehrle not getting along. I give more credit to AJ than any other player for our 2005 season. However, you just want to make sure that he gets his focus back.

I agree. Toby needs more AB's if he's going to be successful. There's no doubt AJ's attitude has played a role in Toby's playing time. We all know Ozzie treats his bench like supersubs.

Not getting along with Buehrle, is that speculation because of the radio thing or do you have info? If you can't post it PM me.