AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!

SoxFan1

Not too familiar with that thread title!?!

But congrats to Mark on his 100th victory. At least he was able to get it with the Sox before he's gone.

It should have been a nice easy 1-2-3 ninth, but the bullpen never fails to make it tough.

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
Congrats to Buehrle. Not too worried about the top of the 9th, as the umpire sucked. Jenks seemed to have much better stuff today.

You've been really inconsistent lately fathom. The umpire isn't going to help out any pitcher who isn't throwing strikes. Really only 2 were questionable. Hell, Houston could say the same about Jenks strike 3 call on Scott.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
You've been really inconsistent lately fathom. The umpire isn't going to help out any pitcher who isn't throwing strikes. Really only 2 were questionable. Hell, Houston could say the same about Jenks strike 3 call on Scott.

What did I say that was inconsistent? There were about 3 pitches that Logan and Day threw that were strikes. I didn't think Hall was catching the ball very cleanly to hep the pitchers either. It's amazing that I get criticized when I make a post that is positive, and not negative.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
What did I say that was inconsistent? There were about 3 pitches that Logan and Day threw that were strikes. I didn't think Hall was catching the ball very cleanly to hep the pitchers either. It's amazing that I get criticized when I make a post that is positive, and not negative.

We've come to expect negativity out of you, but it seems when you actually are positive, you're wrong. Like I said, if the pitchers are up there throwing ball after ball, the umpire is not going to help them out. Period.

You said "Not too worried about the top of the 9th." Well, we threw out our (arguably) 3 best relievers right now and still gave up 2 runs.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
We've come to expect negativity out of you, but it seems when you actually are positive, you're wrong. Like I said, if the pitchers are up there throwing ball after ball, the umpire is not going to help them out. Period.

You said "Not too worried about the top of the 9th." Well, we threw out our (arguably) 3 best relievers right now and still gave up 2 runs.

Dewon Day isn't one of our best relievers. We're Jenks, Logan against lefties, and then junk. Just because Day had a few solid innings in mop-up duty, that doesn't mean he should be in the majors. Logan threw a pitch right down the middle to Lamb that was called a ball, so I'm not going to be too concerned about that. And thanks for telling me that when I'm positive, I'm wrong. Are we really going to start criticizing everything that people say that's wrong? If so, we might as well shut down this site. Today was the most positive game I've seen from this team in a long time, as they actually seemed relax on the field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
Dewon Day isn't one of our best relievers. We're Jenks, Logan against lefties, and then junk. Just because Day had a few solid innings in mop-up duty, that doesn't mean he should be in the majors. Logan threw a pitch right down the middle to Lamb that was called a ball, so I'm not going to be too concerned about that. And thanks for telling me that when I'm positive, I'm wrong. Are we really going to start criticizing everything that people say that's wrong? If so, we might as well shut down this site. Today was the most positive game I've seen from this team in a long time, as they actually seemed relax on the field.

I agree with you as far as the team, but I said we threw out our top 3 relievers right now. I never said Day is a good reliever, but he is one of the best we got right now, and that's sad.

I'm not criticizing you, so get that out of your head. I simply disagree with your statements.

Edited by SoxFan1

Could you imagine how huge it would be for this team if Luis Terrero were actually good at baseball? He's an incredibly talented all around baseball player, his defensive ability and power could be huge for this team if he could display it consistently. His .270/.372/.595/.967 line thus far this season is quite promising, being able to plug him into RF/CF next season would make KW's job so much easier and allow him greater flexibility so he can go after a high priced player like Ichiro to fill the leadoff spot.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
Could you imagine how huge it would be for this team if Luis Terrero were actually good at baseball? He's an incredibly talented all around baseball player, his defensive ability and power could be huge for this team if he could display it consistently. His .270/.372/.595/.967 line thus far this season is quite promising, being able to plug him into RF/CF next season would make KW's job so much easier and allow him greater flexibility so he can go after a high priced player like Ichiro to fill the leadoff spot.

I think he needs to be in CF, and the bigger power numbers have to come from LF and RF.

Terrero seems like he SHOULD be able to hit 20-30 homers if he was just left alone out there for an entire season, he's a very good defender, hustles and has a pretty good arm as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Sweeney, Terrero, Ichiro outfield, you're giving up a lot of power, but Fields/Konerko/Thome/AJ and whoever we have at SS and 2B should be able to help compensate for that. Anything to get younger and more athletic. When you have better team speed, the team just seems to come to life, as opposed to the "corpseball" sleepwalking appearance we've had for the past 4-5 months of regular season play.

I was listening to this game on the radio while putting together a ginourmous Weber grill and washing my car. Great day to be outside and working with my hands, and as a bonus, the Sox win!

The offense finally stepped up today for Mark. I still don't like the homer-or-nothing approach, but I'll take whatever they can give at this point. MB pitched a fantastic game for his 100th win. Congrats!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
Is Mark the best pitcher in White Sox history?

It's possible, isn't it?

Who else might be better?

Looking at the list of pitchers Mark joined yesterday is a good place to start...

The others were Red Faber, Joe Horlen, Ted Lyons and Ed Walsh.