Soprano's ending... Love it or hate it

southsider2k5

Soprano's ending  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the way Chase ending the Soprano's

• Loved it!
    • Hated it!
    • I hate opera, why would I watch that crap?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)
I really disliked the MASH finale. By the end of the run, the series had been well past its prime and Alda just seemed like an insufferable prick. The last thing I needed was 2 hours (or however long it was) of that drek. And that is coming from a pretty diehard fan of MASG through most of its run.

On the other hand, I realize I'm the only one on the planet who quite liked the last Seinfeld and all of the self-referential elements that went into it. The whole trial thing was a convenient vehicle for all of the cameos, sure, but it really did get you thinking that, yeah, pretty much the whole group was pretty much a bunch of jerks and ruined a lot of lives during the course of the series. :D

I also liked the ending scene with them all stuck with each other in confinement for a year (again, a pretty stupid plot vehicle I'll concede), where they just start talking about the same innane nothing stuff they've been talking about from the start.

Hands-down, the worst sitcom series finale ever: Rosanne. Just awful.

I don't remember the whole MASH episode, but I will never forget the last 5 minutes or so, especially the final shot. THAT is what I think makes it one of the greatest endings ever. They could have done anything for the first portion of that show and it would have been memorable. Just a brilliant parting shot.

The SEINFELD final was terrible, IMO. But for me, the final year and a half of Seinfeld was brutal. The whole cast had become really annoying versions of what they started out as. I mean, all George did in the last year and a half (final season especially) was yell at people. For years there, the characters may not have been overly likeable, but you knew people similar to them. In the final year and a half, nobody like them could have existed. Basically, as soon as Larry David left the show turned to dung.

ROSEANNE was a terrible end. But again, that show turned to crap like SEINFELD did.

EVERBODY LOVES RAYMOND had a really good end, as did THAT 70'S SHOW.

Any love for NEWHART?