White Sox Loser

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 02:23 AM)
I'm hoping somewhere up on that list won't be "receiving nothing useful for Buehrle"

With all the holes this team has going into next year, I don't see how you can spend 15 million a year on a pitcher. KW's 3 year big board must be really messed up.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wanne @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
Puhlease...blame Vazquez!....brilliant. Vazquez is FAR from the problem with this team.

Kenny should be officially on notice. How he's handled everything from the minor league system, the outfield, Crede...he's actually making Jerry Krause look not too shabby.

Good job reading the first line of my post. I didn't blame the game on Javier Floyd Bannister Vazquez.

But by the way, if you're questioning moves by Kenny Williams, I think that trading your best outfield prospect for a mediocrity, then being at least 2 outfielders short the VERY NEXT year, is a problem.

Then Williams pays the guy $11 million -- all the while complaining that he can't afford another outfielder, or bullpen help, or Mark Buehrle, and then tries to trade Jon Garland -- all because life is getting too expensive! Really? Then don't pay Javy 11 million dollars!

Maybe you're right. It's not Javy's fault that he's mediocre. It's Kenny's fault that Javy's mediocre -- and here.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thome didn't play tonight. Pay attention to the games, don't just bury your head in the stat sheets.

I watched the game, and it was a small joke towards your obsessiveness about our middle of the lineup. Even if I was looking exclusively at stat sheets, I would've seen he wasn't in the lineup.

Speaking of stats, have you found any to support your case or are you still relying on others to do your work?

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
There is no comparison between the 2. Buehrle was a good pitcher coming off a career bad year, Crede is a bad hitter coming off a career good year, with back problems, and our top prospect behind him, plus a crazy agent.

Maybe. But until Josh Fields can hit a fastball, I'm not sure he's much of a prospect.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any other organization would have gotten rid of Walker a long time ago.

The Indians fired the legendary Eddie Murray in 2005. How did that turn out for them? How much did it cost them for waiting too long to make the move?

Some moron Sam is calling in who said that we are all Neanderthals for want Walker gone. Oh BTW according to the moron, Brian Anderson hit .275 last year. And then said anyone who didnt want him up here and complained was a Neanderthal.

Edited by southsideirish71

i thought wed get at least a run off of eaton, but this lineup is just god awful right now......

7 automatic outs in it...the only two that aren't right now are iguchi, who is a singles hitter, and konerko who still hasnt shown power....

whatever happened to the days when AJ pierzynski was classified as a "tough out?"

I mean its inexcusable that juan uribe, AJ piersynski, jermaine dye, crede when he was healthy and even konerko have gotten off with such little criticism on this board and by sox fans in general. Everyone turns blame to the coaches, but let me say this....to all of those "starters"...they should be embarassed by their play this year

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
I watched the game, and it was a small joke towards your obsessiveness about our middle of the lineup. Even if I was looking exclusively at stat sheets, I would've seen he wasn't in the lineup.

Speaking of stats, have you found any to support your case or are you still relying on others to do your work?

:booty

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
just wondering:

Is anybody really watching the games any more?

plenty of good seats will be available in September.

I'll always watch the games no matter what. Not sure on how many more I will be attending though.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
And f*** him for not realizing this team would hit .235 in the first part of June.

At what point do we blame somebody for these crappy players and stop calling it bad luck?

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:34 PM)
I'll always watch the games no matter what. Not sure on how many more I will be attending though.

Ditto.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
I guarantee this team doesn't win more than 75 games. We're that bad of a team, and we have a ton of games left against the Tigers and Indians.

They will totally f*** up a top draft pick as well. Because we dont deal with Boras, so getting a top 5 pick will be worthless because all of the good players that are impact guys we will pass on.

Reasons to watch the games:

- root for Fields to progress and show signs he can play 3b for next 5 years or so

- watch the development of Danks

- see if Terrero can possibly turn into an everyday starter in the majors

- watch Boone Logan adjust his belt after every pitch

- follow Thome's chase for 500 homers

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
Reasons to watch the games:

- root for Fields to progress and show signs he can play 3b for next 5 years or so

- watch the development of Danks

- see if Terrero can possibly turn into an everyday starter in the majors

- watch Boone Logan adjust his belt after every pitch

- follow Thome's chase for 500 homers

-See if the bullpen can be the worst of all time.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
Good job reading the first line of my post. I didn't blame the game on Javier Floyd Bannister Vazquez.

But by the way, if you're questioning moves by Kenny Williams, I think that trading your best outfield prospect for a mediocrity, then being at least 2 outfielders short the VERY NEXT year, is a problem.

Then Williams pays the guy $11 million -- all the while complaining that he can't afford another outfielder, or bullpen help, or Mark Buehrle, and then tries to trade Jon Garland -- all because life is getting too expensive! Really? Then don't pay Javy 11 million dollars!

Maybe you're right. It's not Javy's fault that he's mediocre. It's Kenny's fault that Javy's mediocre -- and here.

vazquez has been an above average league pitcher this year....not gonna say hes been great by any means...but hes given us basically everything we could have hoped for....12 games this year...has given up 5 runs in three of them, and 4 runs in 3 of them....so basically 6 of 12 were quality starts, and none of the other six were terrible outings...at least he gave the team a chance to win in them....frankly if you can hold a team to 4 or under runs in 75% of your starts, you are doing a pretty good job for a 4th starter......

that said sure id love to have chris young back....but 11 mil is about the going rate for an innings eating starter like vazquez, and he resigned him for a reasonable 3 year deal....seriuosly quit blaming starting pitching....we have the worst O in the majors and hte worst bullpen in the majors...2/3 facets of the game and the starting pitching which has "carried us" or at least prevented us from basically being the royals gets blasted...i dont get it

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
vazquez has been an above average league pitcher this year....not gonna say hes been great by any means...but hes given us basically everything we could have hoped for....12 games this year...has given up 5 runs in three of them, and 4 runs in 3 of them....so basically 6 of 12 were quality starts, and none of the other six were terrible outings...at least he gave the team a chance to win in them....frankly if you can hold a team to 4 or under runs in 75% of your starts, you are doing a pretty good job for a 4th starter......

that said sure id love to have chris young back....but 11 mil is about the going rate for a innings eating starter for vazquez, and he resigned him for a reasonable 3 year deal....seriuosly quit blaming starting pitching....we have the worst O in the majors and hte worst bullpen in the majors...2/3 facets of the game and the starting pitching which has "carried us" or at least prevented us from basically being the royals gets blasted...i dont get it

It's scary to think what our record would be with last years starting pitching.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
I guarantee this team doesn't win more than 75 games. We're that bad of a team, and we have a ton of games left against the Tigers and Indians.

But it's because we have so many games remaining within the division that Williams can't give up hope. We can turn this around.

According to PFB, the minor leaguers are not Walkers fault because its the minor league system that failed them. And it will take a few years to fix them like Crede.

And the vets dont listen.

Al called into the vy for Walker. Then said we need to keep Buerhle, because a bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush.

6 to 7 years at 14 to 15 mill a year. Does any sane fan really believe that Uncle Jerry will go that far with a pitcher.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
And in something that can only make you laugh, Charlotte got shutout/4-hit tonight.

as if brian andersons stock hadnt been bad enough with a terrible showing in the bigs last year, his .735 OPS at AAA is really beginning to suggest that hes looking more like joe borchard than aaron rowand

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
They will totally f*** up a top draft pick as well. Because we dont deal with Boras, so getting a top 5 pick will be worthless because all of the good players that are impact guys we will pass on.

Either they'll select someone much higher than expected because of signability concerns, or we'll hear analysts suggest the upcoming 2008 draft is the worst in recorded history. I'd love to see a Tim Lincecum, Andrew Miller, Jarrod Parker type fall into our laps next season. But of course, we're probably going to get screwed somehow.