White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/12/07 (L)

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rebuild the arms?

Uh outside of the flamable pen. The starters have been fine for the most mark. Our biggest strength is our pitching.

Our hitting prospects, good god. There we can get some talent from someone else.

We have a collective group of individual winners that dont have the individual competitive spirit to win.

We let that spirit go to Philly in Arow.

Instead, now we have to wait until KW finds a couple of pitchers that will take the mound with the talent and desire to punk the other teams with an attitued of "you aint getting nothing off me today you son of a bitck." Currently, I dont see that in anybody on the bump.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His arm is clearly a RF or CF capable arm. Personally, I see him as a legit RF where he wouldn't have to cover as much ground, but his arm is definately RF capable.

everytime i see Terrero in CF, a ball hits off his glove only to end up rolling along the ground. not to mention i've seen him take poor angles to the ball, only to dive, and let the ball go right by him. Erstad's defense in CF is underrated. he doesn't drop the easy ones like Terrero does. that's why we need to throw a boat load of money at Tori Hunter. no that's defense, northsidepolish17.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:35 PM)
Oh yeah....it's not out of the question to think this team might be competing with the Rangers next year for the worst team in the AL. At least we'll get to see Vazquez and Contreras throwing 85 mph.

Great post -- people that think the starting pitching is in great shape for next season are in for a rude awakening. The Contreras and Vazquez contracts are albatrosses -- I don't sea a way the Sox will be a winning team again until 2010 (post-Contreras).

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
everytime i see Terrero in CF, a ball hits off his glove only to end up rolling along the ground. not to mention i've seen him take poor angles to the ball, only to dive, and let the ball go right by him. Erstad's defense in CF is underrated. he doesn't drop the easy ones like Terrero does. that's why we need to throw a boat load of money at Tori Hunter. no that's defense, northsidepolish17.

So then you missed the 5-8 ridiculous gaffes that Erstad made in CF in his brief time out there this season?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
w00t, $20M of over payed garbage in CF and LF.

thanks for your wonderful contribution to the board! i get a kick out of the hard heads in this thread that just b*tch and moan. well let's hear your ideas. oh, that's right. you guys don't have any. :bringit

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)

Torii Hunter has a career .792 OPS and .324 OBP. His defense is on the decline and he'll be 32 next season. He is not the guy to sign to a 5 year $13M contract.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So then you missed the 5-8 ridiculous gaffes that Erstad made in CF in his brief time out there this season?

no, it just seems like you're missing a brain! :cheers

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Torii Hunter has a career .792 OPS and .324 OBP. His defense is on the decline and he'll be 32 next season. He is not the guy to sign to a 5 year $13M contract.

where did you get those #'s?

again, all you guys do is criticize. thanks for sharing your great ideas/sarcasm.

Hunter is easily better than any hitter on our squad. look at the #'s.

northsidepolish17, don't get offended because you've been continually owned by the new poster. just deal with it, ace.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
thanks for your wonderful contribution to the board! i get a kick out of the hard heads in this thread that just b*tch and moan. well let's hear your ideas. oh, that's right. you guys don't have any. :bringit

I'd just load up on high priced grinders but that's me. Erstad/Rowand/Byrnes in the OF with Counsell and Eckstein kicking ass and taking names on the left side of the infield.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:50 AM)

I have a feeling you're going to get sent down to the minors.

I'd love to have Aaron Miles at 2B next year and if KW could pry him away from McDonalds I'd love to have Stubby Clapp take over the DH role from that base clogging asshole named Thome.

If he's available I'd go after Russ Ortiz to fill a spot in the rotation as well as Mike Hampton (I heard he might start a few games next year, should come cheap, huge upside) and I think Jorome Robertson would look good behind Adam Russel in the backend of the rotation.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
I'd love to have Aaron Miles at 2B next year and if KW could pry him away from McDonalds I'd love to have Stubby Clapp take over the DH role from that base clogging asshole named Thome.

You forgot to mention that Thome is "unclutch"

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
we must find the next young pitching phenom(s).

Exactly because we have a bad record due to our pitching. If only they could hold the opposition to negative runs everynight we would have a chance.