White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/12/07 (L)

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
we must find the next young pitching phenom(s).

Aaron Paledo (Coop's words, not mine) will be the next great lefty to dominate the American League.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
You forgot to mention that Thome is "unclutch"

I heard he's an asshole off the field.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Aaron Paleda (Coop's words, not mine) will be the next great lefty to dominate the American League.

Once he learns how to throw strikes, learn a few breaking pitches, and of course doesnt lose a few MPH on his overpowering fastball.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:58 AM)
Exactly because we have a bad record due to our pitching. If only they could hold the opposition to negative runs everynight we would have a chance.

If there was ever a pitcher who could lose while allowing negative runs, it's Javy Vazquez!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Isn't that what we did by drafting Poreda instead of Porcello? :P

That's right -- the Sox looked at Poreda & saw a guy that can't strikeout college hitters even with his 96MPH heat (that's 96MPH in "White Sox MPH" which translates to 92MPH in the real world) and immediately project him as a left-handed Brandon Webb that pitches to contact and never allows a fly ball. Great scouting.

Edited by hitlesswonder

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
where did you get those #'s?

again, all you guys do is criticize. thanks for sharing your great ideas/sarcasm.

Hunter is easily better than any hitter on our squad. look at the #'s.

northsidepolish17, don't get offended because you've been continually owned by the new poster. just deal with it, ace.

Signing Hunter at $13+ might look ok for a season or two, but he's going to be in his mid-30's halfway through a contract like that.

Not a good idea.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about the IF now?

OF: Byrnes, Hunter, Terrero

IF: Fields-Cintron-Castillo-Konerko-Hall

i'd cut Pierzynski and have hall as my everyday C. maybe bring in a free agent C or let gustavo back up.

line up:

Castillo

Hunter

Thome

Konerko

Terrero

Byrnes

Fields

Hall

Cintron

Rotation:

Garland

Vazquez

Contreras

Danks

Gio

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
Signing Hunter at $13+ might look ok for a season or two, but he's going to be in his mid-30's halfway through a contract like that.

Not a good idea.

He's already slow, declining defensively and has trouble cracking a .335 OBP. Sounds like the kind of guy you want to throw a s*** load of money at.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:01 AM)
That's right -- the Sox looked at Poreda & saw a guy that can't strikeout college hitters even with his 96MPH heat (that's 96MPH in "White Sox MPH" which translates to 92MPH in the real world) and immediately project him as a left-handed Brandon Webb that pitches to contact and never allows a fly ball. Great scouting.

I think it's amazing how KW said he'd be in charge of the draft, yet he never saw Poreda pitch live.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:01 AM)
OF: Byrnes, Hunter, Terrero

IF: Fields-Cintron-Castillo-Konerko-Hall

i'd cut Pierzynski and have hall as my everyday C. maybe bring in a free agent C or let gustavo back up.

line up:

Castillo

Hunter

Thome

Konerko

Terrero

Byrnes

Fields

Hall

Cintron

Rotation:

Garland

Vazquez

Contreras

Danks

Gio

We might break the Bulls regular season win record with that team.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:01 AM)
I dont follow our prospects at all. I know nothing about our future. Is Porcello a stud?

Probably not a good night to say who everyone compares him to.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
I think it's amazing how KW said he'd be in charge of the draft, yet he never saw Poreda pitch live.

Wait, Hall and Cintron don't strike you as everyday players?

It's hard to believe an organization that seems so inept won a World Series in 2005...

you better believe Uribe would but cut loose as well. no first pitch hackers on this squad. atleast no Uribe. that's all i care about. that slacker has to go. he is a colorado rockies throw away player. you know he is subpar just by that alone.

You nailed it KW has NO control ............ALL MOUTH! :angry:

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
you better believe Uribe would but cut loose as well. no first pitch hackers on this squad. atleast no Uribe. that's all i care about. that slacker has to go. he is a colorado rockies throw away player. you know he is subpar just by that alone.

Yes because for what Cintron lacks at the plate and on the basepaths he makes up for in the field.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:05 AM)

Yet you want a Tampa "throw away" and two Arizona "throw aways" starting?

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
I think the team needs more aging ex-twins whose legs are about to fall off. Maybe sign Tony Batista to play SS.

I really fear we'll sign Castillo.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
I think the team needs more aging ex-twins whose legs are about to fall off. Maybe sign Tony Batista to play SS.

Rondell White would look f***ing awesome in LF and Sidney Ponson could be one hell of a starter if ever given a real opportunity to perform.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes because for what Cintron lacks at the plate and on the basepaths he makes up for in the field.

you're one of those loud mouthed, no idea, love to complain people as well. who do we put a SS, valido? i'm sure you don't have any worthwhile ideas, so don't bother posting more nonsense just to up your post count.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
fathom, why don't you post your roster ideas? that is of course, if you have any.

Wouldn't August 1st be a good time to start looking toward offseason plans? Everything will change after the trade deadline.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)

What kind of hitter do you think Cintron is?