White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/12/07 (L)

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's like 12 threads full of offseason ideas in the Trade Winds subforum.

that doesn't matter. in this thread we were talking about the changes that will be our 2008 team. it's perfectly on topic to list my idea for our 2008 team. it's funny though, i was the only one who could actually put a roster together...go figure! now please criticize !

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
that doesn't matter. in this thread we were talking about the changes that will be our 2008 team. it's perfectly on topic to list my idea for our 2008 team. it's funny though, i was the only one who could actually put a roster together...go figure! now please criticize !

So because you put your idea out in this thread, everyone should repost their ideas to suit you, right? Got it.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)

I posted my 2008 roster about 50 posts back but you just ignored it. Why do you show me no love?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So because you put your idea out in this thread, everyone should repost their ideas to suit you, right? Got it.

instead of just b*tching and moaning like a typical hard headed chicagoan, yes they should post their ideas and make the thread constructive instead of clearly being destructive which is what it has become. but that's okay because there are plenty of sox message boards on the net where they are actually friendly.

i'd like to take this time to let this board filled with hard headed people who offer nothing and criticize everything, that i am retiring. i am going to a board where the content of one's post matters, not their post count. look at your post counts. no wonder many of you have the mental capacity of a worm.

:headbang

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it doesn't matter how long one has been part of a message board. that's just something people say because... hey, they've wasted thousands of hours on this board so it must mean something!

the bottomline is i've lurked on this board for a while and i've grown tired of the continual b*tching and moaning with nothing to show for it. atleast throw out some ideas, but NOOOOOOOO many posters would rather criticize, for what? for nothing.

Unfortunately, we aren't worthy of scouting talent. I see a definite commitment by the Chicago White Sox organization in winning. Unfortunately, we are going thru a very difficult time for even us loyal fans. Hopefully, our system will produce some exceptional talent. Otherwise, we may be mired in more difficult times. It would be nice if some posters that are somewhat in the "know" surrounding our young talent could get us excited about the near term future by providing us with "scouting reports". For the most part, I have seen generous commitments from our loyal posters on this site to posting positive contributions in this regard. Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to need a lot more of it...

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
instead of just b*tching and moaning like a typical hard headed chicagoan, yes they should post their ideas and make the thread constructive instead of clearly being destructive which is what it has become. but that's okay because there are plenty of sox message boards on the net where they are actually friendly.

i'd like to take this time to let this board filled with hard headed people who offer nothing and criticize everything, that i am retiring. i am going to a board where the content of one's post matters, not their post count. look at your post counts. no wonder many of you have the mental capacity of a worm.

This coming from the man who wants to start Cintron.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)

Maybe you're criticized because you have crappy ideas?

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please don't go. I honestly want to see your next response in the Greg Walker thread after Steff sees the post you left her. :D

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 07:25 PM)

that's two losses tonight. damn, just when things were getting fun.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)

WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?!?!?!?

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
Get rid of everyone that swings at the first pitch is his goal.

He must have hated Konerko's Game 2 Grand Slam in the WS. Stupid first pitch grand slams!

2008 and this has a chance to win at least 5 WS championships in a row.

Felix Diaz SP

Danny Wright SP

Arnie Munoz SP

Jason Grilli SP

Sidney Ponson our ace

Buckavic Closer

Prinz Primary Setup Guy

Sisco Loogy

Aardsma

Erstad CF

Valentin SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1st

Fields 3rd

Borchard RF

Terrero LF

Mack 2nd

AJ C

Hall C

Blumm Utility

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
2008 and this has a chance to win at least 5 WS championships in a row.

Felix Diaz SP

Danny Wright SP

Arnie Munoz SP

Jason Grilli SP

Sidney Ponson our ace

Buckavic Closer

Prinz Primary Setup Guy

Sisco Loogy

Aardsma

Erstad CF

Valentin SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1st

Fields 3rd

Borchard RF

Terrero LF

Mack 2nd

AJ C

Hall C

Blumm Utility

Konerko? Thome? Yuck.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
no wonder many of you have the mental capacity of a worm.

dude, my sign on name is mr_genius, obviously i'm super smart.

i'd like to take this time to let this board filled with hard headed people who offer nothing and criticize everything, that i am retiring

:crying

When I got home to watch the game on Tivo, I got a little surprise when I saw the back-to-back homers and felt kinda excited to watch the rest of the game. That feeling quickly changed midway through the bottom of the first.

Hey, at least if Dye keeps hitting like that, we could possibly get Billingsley.