White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/12/07 (L)

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You quote yourself too much.

well i was quoting myself before when i said "keep getting behind hitters" b/c it kept happening to our 80 year old pitcher, so i kept bringing it back up

hmm, what do u know, he feel behind hamels, the freaking pitcher, 1-0

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now hawk is on the bandwagon of how our offense is bad because of Pods/Erstad/Crede's injuries.

Sure, Dye and Kong havent hit because of Pods and Erstad. So when they were all here and we couldnt hit that was because of something else.

The excuse machine is in full affect.

Dye needs to play like this for a few weeks so we can drive up his value.

Hawk is saying how the pitching and bullpen better step up.

How about the offense Santo with legs. How about the 30th ranked offense. Can they score some runs like say more than 3.9 a game. We are in the AL after all.

3 straight 75 mph forkballs for jose, and not 1 of them were in the strikezone. jose will end up goin 5 innings, and then hand the ball to our fantastic bullpen. YES I CANT WAIT!!

oh, and way to go iguchi :angry:

Its good and predictable to hear Hawk start with the injury excuses. Pods goes down.....Erstad goes down.......Ozuna goes down.............Crede goes down.........You lose your speed and power. Good to know that the Sox success hinges on an almost always injured not very good Pods. A usually injured had a tough time finding a regular job Erstad, a six year minor league free agent Ozuna,and a guy with known back issues in Crede.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
Its good and predictable to hear Hawk start with the injury excuses. Pods goes down.....Erstad goes down.......Ozuna goes down.............Crede goes down.........You lose your speed and power. Good to know that the Sox success hinges on an almost always injured not very good Pods. A usually injured had a tough time finding a regular job Erstad, a six year minor league free agent Ozuna,and a guy with known back issues in Crede.

Lets see, the only one that went down that was unexpected was Ozuna.

Pods has how many groin issues.

Erstad, well come on now.

Crede has spent a few times mending his back over the last few.

This is like the cubs blaming their lack of depth in their pitching staff because Prior and Wood went out.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 06:54 PM)
Lets see, the only one that went down that was unexpected was Ozuna.

Pods has how many groin issues.

Erstad, well come on now.

Crede has spent a few times mending his back over the last few.

This is like the cubs blaming their lack of depth in their pitching staff because Prior and Wood went out.

Exactly. The other teams ahead of them have had injuries as well. Cliff Lee, Westbrook, Rogers, Zumaya, Mauer to name a few. Each one of them you couldn't get for the entire package of the White Sox injured.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
Contreras has a tin head. The minute someone hits him or something bad happen behind him, he falls apart.

I think its more than that. We have watched the decline of an old player. Jose was at 94-96 mph on his fastball which has fallen off to 88-91. He no longer has the nasty break on his sidearm fastballs or his two-seemers. He's done, and frankly we should deal him to philly or NYM asap.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
I think its more than that. We have watched the decline of an old player. Jose was at 94-96 mph on his fastball which has fallen off to 88-91. He no longer has the nasty break on his sidearm fastballs or his two-seemers. He's done, and frankly we should deal him to philly or NYM asap.

But Rock that demise happened way too quick to be age.

He went from throwing all of his pitches 3/4 and above to now he is a side armer. He stopped throwing over the top, the minute his sciatica acted up. When he came back from the DL he wasnt the same.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)

Any way the Sox can rid themselves of him without eating any of the contract is fine by me, the sooner the better. I really don't even care about the return a fringe prospect would be just fine.