White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/12/07 (L)

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:24 AM)
What the f*** is Ozzie doing?!?!?!? Double switch Fields out of the game? Are you f***ing kidding me?

I wonder who will be the first one to take the fall if this massive losing tendency continues. I was told yesterday how a scout watched the Sox all last week (Pirates, I believe), and he said the Sox were the worst coached team he's seen all year.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 07:25 PM)
just out of curiosity, what is the point of bringing in Cintron and taking out Fields?

You get some more latin flair on the field, and a guy who cant throw across the field. This is about to get comical.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 07:25 PM)
Gentlemen, I know we all love the Sox, but at some point, when do we stop being upset and just accept reality that we don't have a good team this season.

When does Kenny pull the plug ?

It's definitely time for Kenny to work the phones, unfortunately.

Call me a Dark Cloud, or whatever, but this team just looks DEAD.

If someone will offer ML-ready or near-ready young players, it's time to make those moves.

Thing is, no one other than Jenks (who I wouldn't deal under any circumstances) looks good enough to bring much in trade right now.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
Gentlemen, I know we all love the Sox, but at some point, when do we stop being upset and just accept reality that we don't have a good team this season.

When does Kenny pull the plug ?

This has to be the least upset I've ever been during a Sox debacle. Deep down in my heart, I know it's for the best if they keep losing for a while. Last night was the first time in at least 5 years I didn't bother watching a single highlight of a Sox game I missed.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to be missing something. Cintron for Fields????

Holy Christ that is silly. Let the youngins PLAY!!! :angry:

I have a strong feeling that Cintron will thankfully be traded for a non-prospect or cash considerations in another month or so.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:26 AM)
I wonder who will be the first one to take the fall if this massive losing tendency continues. I was told yesterday how a scout watched the Sox all last week (Pirates, I believe), and he said the Sox were the worst coached team he's seen all year.

This is probably the dumbest move I've seen all year from Ozzie, and that's saying something. What exactly is the point of taking Fields out of the game IN THE FOURTH INNING? I don't give a f*** that he hasn't hit the ball in his short time up here, he needs to play.

Stupid stupid stupid.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
It's definitely time for Kenny to work the phones, unfortunately.

Call me a Dark Cloud, or whatever, but this team just looks DEAD.

If someone will offer ML-ready or near-ready young players, it's time to make those moves.

Thing is, no one other than Jenks (who I wouldn't deal under any circumstances) looks good enough to bring much in trade right now.

Buehrle! Buehrle! Buehrle! We need to make a final offer, and if he says no, see ya Mark.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
Holy Christ that is silly. Let the youngins PLAY!!! :angry:

I have a strong feeling that Cintron will thankfully be traded for a non-prospect or cash considerations in another month or so.

Cintron has arm issues. He couldnt make throws over the weekend. And now we put him at third. Either someone has a cruel sense of humor, or they overvalue him.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
This is probably the dumbest move I've seen all year from Ozzie, and that's saying something. What exactly is the point of taking Fields out of the game IN THE FOURTH INNING? I don't give a f*** that he hasn't hit the ball in his short time up here, he needs to play.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Masset is probably a better hitter than Cintron right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
This has to be the least upset I've ever been during a Sox debacle. Deep down in my heart, I know it's for the best if they keep losing for a while. Last night was the first time in at least 5 years I didn't bother watching a single highlight of a Sox game I missed.

That's kind of how I feel right now. I've come to expect bad things to happen. Tonight, they start the game hitting (that lasted all of one inning), and then the starting pitching stinks. I guess it's hard to get upset when your expectations are so low.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)

At this point I'm just rooting for Dye to get hot as s*** over the next two weeks. It seems obvious that teams are interested in Dye despite his slow start, so it'd be great if he could have a nice two-week stretch where he hits .350 with five homers.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
I don't think anyone can. They are all too dumbfounded to even respond.

Not defending it, only thing I can possibly think is that Fields has some injury that they took him out for.

Clearly, there's no strategy in bringing in Alex Cintron.

Maybe KW traded Fields after that 4th inning? I could see KW pulling a fast one on all of us and trading the power arms and prospects to get some big time players and take another shot...he thought he could win now and build for the future but decides that he would like to take a shot and make a second half come back like the Twins have done a couple of times in the past few years.