White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/12/07 (L)

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ... Ninth inning, Verlander over the century mark, second pitch fastball at 98, third pitch slider outside corner.

It'll be fun facing him, Bonderman, Porcello and Miller the next ten years.

My gosh, Verlander is f***ing sick.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
Jesus Christ... Ninth inning, Verlander over the century mark, second pitch fastball at 98, third pitch slider outside corner.

They didnt want Porcello. They were overjoyed and orgasmic that their choice was still on the board. Just like McCullough last year and Broadway the year before.

We give that s***head Borchard a 5 mill bonus, and then we cant give it to anyone else. What a joke.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)

My gosh, Verlander is f***ing sick.

Top of the ninth and he just hit 102 wow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:17 AM)
Top of the ninth and he just hit 102 wow.

Unbelievable. Did you see that Graffanino at bat? Three sliders, two on the outside corner with a filthy break, and the third one out of the zone. f***ing disgusting...

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)
Good for Verlander.

Now how is he throwing 102 in the 9th after throwing so many of those high leverage innings. I expected him to throw about 88 this year based on our findings. I mean they did get to the world series after all.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's the question I have: why in the world would the Yanks do that trade now?

If we traded for Abreu, we'd probably have to give him an extension. He reminds me so much of the offensive version of Javy in that way.

Well they wouldn't do it NOW, but they were entertaining the idea before the Sox series where predicatably he killed us.

Props to Verlander too.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)
Unbelievable. Did you see that Graffanino at bat? Three sliders, two on the outside corner with a filthy break, and the third one out of the zone. f***ing disgusting...

The final pitch to Graffy was one of the most devastating pitches I've ever seen, Tony didn't come within a foot of the ball.

I really would like to hate that Tiger team -- seeing that they are from Detroit and all -- but I just can't. That team is so f***ing fun to watch, that organization is so well run, they definitely deserve every ounce of the success they're having right now.

did someone, i forget their name (who cares?), bring up MJ?

Jordan haunts more than the city of cleveland. he equally haunts salt lake city and new york city.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
I really would like to hate that Tiger team -- seeing that they are from Detroit and all -- but I just can't. That team is so f***ing fun to watch, that organization is so well run, they definitely deserve every ounce of the success they're having right now.

I agree. I think Dombrowski is a HOF GM. And he could have been the Sox GM...but instead Jerry & Co. preferred the likes of the Hawk. Detroit also is willing to pay draft picks above slot signing bonuses -- they are run like a major league club unlike some others that prefer to draft lousy players that will be easy signs.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
Porcello/Boras wanted to try for a 10 million signing bonus. I'd rather we give that to a FA.

When we get a top 10 pick next year, who do you think will represent anything of value at that level at that point.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:22 AM)
Kinda weird, but the last few weeks, I have really been enjoying "Baseball" rather than the just the Sox. It's a different feeling, but kinda nice just to watch baseball, not care about the standings, and just enjoy it for what its for. I really enjoyed watching Verlander celebrate.

Now I don't want to have that feeling for very long(start f***ing winning Sox) but it's kinda nice.

In some ways, I'm with you. I've been watching the west coast games with my fiancee lately, and they've been great. The A's games last week were incredible. I know I'm a pathetic asshole for saying this, but with my belief the Sox won't make the playoffs this year, I'm following the Cubs/Brewers games a lot more rooting against the Cubs making the playoffs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:27 AM)
In some ways, I'm with you. I've been watching the west coast games with my fiancee lately, and they've been great. The A's games last week were incredible. I know I'm a pathetic asshole for saying this, but with my belief the Sox won't make the playoffs this year, I'm following the Cubs/Brewers games a lot more rooting against the Cubs making the playoffs.

Well, knock the hell out of some f***ing wood, but it looks like JD might be heating up. Should've been 3-for-3 coming into that AB if not for the great Utley play, and he was about ten feet from a homer there. Gosh I hope he gets hot... Please let him get hot.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
Well I hate to say this but we must look to rebuild the arms on this team. KW needs to make moves to bolster the pitching staff. Is there anybody on this team to get excited about? Not really... There should be an absolute fire sale soon.

Rebuild the arms?

Uh outside of the flamable pen. The starters have been fine for the most mark. Our biggest strength is our pitching.

Our hitting prospects, good god. There we can get some talent from someone else.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 01:28 AM)
Well I hate to say this but we must look to rebuild the arms on this team. KW needs to make moves to bolster the pitching staff. Is there anybody on this team to get excited about? Not really... There should be an absolute fire sale soon.

We need offensive players right now. We have more holes on the offensive side forecasted over the next year than we do pitching.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
We need offensive players right now. We have more holes on the offensive side forecasted over the next year than we do pitching.

The Sox have a grand total of 3 starting position players under contract for next season and a clusterf*** of questionable talent to fill a few of those holes. This team is in shambles.