Lineup Chemistry

AWhiteSoxinNJ

Hey guys, just got back from the Phillies-White Sox game tonight. The thing that bothers me the most is that any lineup that is being thrown out there has no chemistry in it. It's great when Paulie and Dye go back to back, but I other than that, there is no situational hitting, sacs or anything of that nature. And forget about timely hitting, I haven't seen that in months. It's like the line up trys to play home run derby each a bat and thats about all. I know some of it has to do with injuries, but it just looks flat out ugly right now. Sorry for the vent, it's my first Sox game since the last time they came to Philly, and that game was played at the Vet.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, just got back from the Phillies-White Sox game tonight. The thing that bothers me the most is that any lineup that is being thrown out there has no chemistry in it. It's great when Paulie and Dye go back to back, but I other than that, there is no situational hitting, sacs or anything of that nature. And forget about timely hitting, I haven't seen that in months. It's like the line up trys to play home run derby each a bat and thats about all. I know some of it has to do with injuries, but it just looks flat out ugly right now. Sorry for the vent, it's my first Sox game since the last time they came to Philly, and that game was played at the Vet.

haven't you heard? there are injuries! our offense would be top notch if joe crede and podsednik were healthy. pods can ball. it would be like Game 2, bottom of the 9th all over again but every day with him in the line up again. this team needs a shake up like marion barry needs a hit of crack. fire greg walker, he may be a good man but someone needs to be the scapegoat unless we're fine with being horrible this year and accepting a great draft pick in '08.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 11:41 PM)
haven't you heard? there are injuries! our offense would be top notch if joe crede and podsednik were healthy. pods can ball. it would be like Game 2, bottom of the 9th all over again but every day with him in the line up again. this team needs a shake up like marion barry needs a hit of crack. fire greg walker, he may be a good man but someone needs to be the scapegoat unless we're fine with being horrible this year and accepting a great draft pick in '08.

I guess you can't read because I mentioned the injuries, but this issue was there before the injuries happened.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

\ /

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

seriously though, a line up is only as good as its' lead off hitter. how often do our big guns come up with 2 outs? iguchi has been hot of late, but he's sucked before this nice little hitting streak he's been on. i am envious watching the phillies play because i wish we had a lead off hitter like rollins. dude is ice cold.