Are Rangers and White Sox much different?

caulfield12

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10221427

An interesting insight into the Rangers' problems (besides pitching), and how they're not willing to adapt to Washington's "small ball" approach after being successful with the "3 run homer and a cloud of dust" approach of the White Sox offense.

No mention of Rudy Jaramillo in all this.

I actually think Daniels will be the first to be fired, he's obviously in over his head.

Are there White Sox hitters (like Texeira) that are refusing to change their approach in defiance of KW and Ozzie? I don't think so, but maybe the Sox organization isn't being tough enough on the younger hitters...or is simply teaching them the wrong philsophy?

The only players they have been "tough" with are McCarthy, Anderson and Tracey (I guess). Of course, there's lots of theories about Anderson, that 1) he isn't serious enough/parties too much, 2) has a bad attitude, 3) refuses to adopt "small ball" fundamentals even though he's not a power hitter, etc.

I haven't seen Ozzie be anything but supportive of Sweeney, Owens and Fields, despite their struggles. Each of those three guys has had lots of playing time, Ozzie's not sitting them on the bench. Even Terrero is getting to start almost every game.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 06:13 AM)

Are there White Sox hitters (like Texeira) that are refusing to change their approach in defiance of KW and Ozzie?

I would like to think that if this was the case, Ozzie would "throw them in front of the bus." But since sensitivity training and the Mariotti thing, Ozzie really has not called players out in the press besides easy targets (Sean Tracey, Brian Anderson, etc). Either way, losing tends to bring out the worst aspects of the team in the press. These flaws would be airbrushed over if the Sox were winning. At this point, this is speculation.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 08:13 AM)

An interesting insight into the Rangers' problems (besides pitching), and how they're not willing to adapt to Washington's "small ball" approach after being successful with the "3 run homer and a cloud of dust" approach of the White Sox offense.

No mention of Rudy Jaramillo in all this.

I actually think Daniels will be the first to be fired, he's obviously in over his head.

Are there White Sox hitters (like Texeira) that are refusing to change their approach in defiance of KW and Ozzie? I don't think so, but maybe the Sox organization isn't being tough enough on the younger hitters...or is simply teaching them the wrong philsophy?

The only players they have been "tough" with are McCarthy, Anderson and Tracey (I guess). Of course, there's lots of theories about Anderson, that 1) he isn't serious enough/parties too much, 2) has a bad attitude, 3) refuses to adopt "small ball" fundamentals even though he's not a power hitter, etc.

I haven't seen Ozzie be anything but supportive of Sweeney, Owens and Fields, despite their struggles. Each of those three guys has had lots of playing time, Ozzie's not sitting them on the bench. Even Terrero is getting to start almost every game.

Of all these AAA hitters the only one hitting is Terrero...that's why he is playing every single game.