White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/13/07 (L)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
You're what? Mid 30's? .. You can remember at least a couple.

No doubt... some of the late 80's teams were god-awful. I remember the theme for one of those years being "Anything can happen" because they were so bad.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
The good news...

We'll have a hell of a Boras client to draft high next June.

You mean that they will draft the 37th ranked player at the number 2 slot next year, and then try to convince the masses that this was their target the whole way. That some kid who throws 100 and has a 12/6 curve who is represented by the devil isnt the apple of their eye that Joe Schitt from Appalachian Computer Tech Institute who had bad K to walke numbers, but he throws 93 from the left side and has a lot of upside. The ESPN guys wll have a hell of a time finding video of him, were he struck out 2 moose and a squirrel in an inning and a half last year.

Today, 07:43 PM Post #247

Ed Farmer FANATIC

STEFF

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)

What the heck happend??? I was listening to the game, it was tied, I answered a phone call and came back to being down by 5! How bad can this team really be??? I don't ever remember a Sox team that was this pathetic.

STEFF SAID WHAT?

You're what? Mid 30's? .. You can remember at least a couple.

I SAID:

I can that's for sure. 1968 was one

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
A rebuilding team that has no one to build anything with.

Our rotation for the next 3 years should be built around Buehrle, Garland, Danks, Gio, and another pitcher....but instead, it's likely to be Vazquez, Contreras, Danks, Floyd, and Gio for the next two years. Nothing like a rebuilding project with a 10 million dollar 50 year old.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:43 PM)
Look at his numbers this year, and then think about how guys like Hunter and Jones will get between 12 and 15 mil per season. Also, I'm sure the Sox will think that he brings amazing intangibles to the table as well. I honestly believe he could get more money than that.

BTW, would anyone be opposed to trying Willie Harris at 2nd base next year, as long as he has a platoon person who can hit lefties good?

I liked Wee Willie. He gave it his all.

1 hit in the last 5 innings.

AJ swings first or second pitch when we need runners. Sorry to those that think he is worth something but he is quickly becoming Uribe Jr. For he to think that he should not be platooned is stupid .238 average and .287 OBP...also his defense is non-existant as any ball in the dirt is a WP and runners steal at will.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
Good....this team deserves that dubious honor. Right now, I'm for anything that equates to the Sox going into fire sale mode. And the rumor about the Sox asking a lot for Buehrle likely means they know they can't re-sign him this offseason.

agreed completely at this point...the losses dont really hurt that much anymore because i know each one will help us ship off some guys that hopefully will help for 08 and 09

My God I had been saying that MacDougal was the Politte of 2007 but now I think Thorton's taken that honor.

Lights-out and dependable in 2006 (we called him Lefty Jenks) and now he's a gas can.

BTW I did some checking about how long has it been since we've had a team this bad and the last year I could find where we were this awful was 1999. I don't remember it, but record-wise, that was the last horrific year we had. Unless I'm wrong--feel free to correct me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Look at his numbers this year, and then think about how guys like Hunter and Jones will get between 12 and 15 mil per season. Also, I'm sure the Sox will think that he brings amazing intangibles to the table as well. I honestly believe he could get more money than that.

BTW, would anyone be opposed to trying Willie Harris at 2nd base next year, as long as he has a platoon person who can hit lefties good?

If Kenny signed him to a deal like that, I don't even know what I would do.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
My God I had been saying that MacDougal was the Politte of 2007 but now I think Thorton's taken that honor.

Lights-out and dependable in 2006 (we called him Lefty Jenks) and now he's a gas can.

BTW I did some checking about how long has it been since we've had a team this bad and the last year I could find where we were this awful was 1999. I don't remember it, but record-wise, that was the last horrific year we had. Unless I'm wrong--feel free to correct me.

Makes you winder why our relievers are only good for one year.

Is it time to start the loser thread yet or should we keep recycling the old one until they win again?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
Duly noted. ;)

I remember going to the park and constantly seeing Melido Perez and Greg Walker and other associated poop.

Then a few good years in the early 90s. Then poop from the strike till the end of the century.

Now poop again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
I can officially say I just looked at the Sox record for the first time in my life to see what their chances are to have the first pick in the draft.

I've got you beat.. I already started making my "things to b**** at Kenny about at Soxfest" list going...

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do have to like seeing Dye get some hits. Two games in arow. Maybe he is coming out of this slump.

yep but i dont think hitting is the problem. they could of scored 7 runs today and still could of lost. unreal

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:47 PM)
If Kenny signed him to a deal like that, I don't even know what I would do.

Here's the scary thing: they probably think signing Rowand would offset the fan's being upset if they let Buehrle go. Also, I'm of the belief that Garland will be traded this offseason.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
I've got you beat.. I already started making my "things to b**** at Kenny about at Soxfest" list going...

I am getting tickets so I can see this show. This year should be a hoot. I might forgo the signature lines just to get a good seat.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
Makes you winder why our relievers are only good for one year.

Is it time to start the loser thread yet or should we keep recycling the old one until they win again?

Maybe Don Cooper should actually teach them a new pitch so that the league doesn't catch on to them? His inability to get Cotts and Thornton to throw anything other than a straight fastball has been pathetic.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
Duly noted. ;)

Well, also, I was a kid in the 70's so though I loved baseball, I didn't care enough to really notice stats all that much.

I gave up on baseball around '83 due to my own coaches making me fall out of love for the game, then I just lost all notice of "team sports" also.

I didn't watch again until around '95.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
Here's the scary thing: they probably think signing Rowand would offset the fan's being upset if they let Buehrle go. Also, I'm of the belief that Garland will be traded this offseason.

What makes you say that?