Who is the Sox top hitting prospect  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Sox top hitting prospect

• Fields
    • Sweeney
    • Anderson
    • Terrero
    • Owens

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 12:34 PM)
Why? Because he is almost 27?

I would say he is a prospect and I would say he is a better prospect than either Owens or Anderson.

Terrero's power numbers are WAY up from his previous ML experience. I'm not sure why that is (i.e., I hope that he's not on HGH or something) but if it is natural and it just took him this long to develop into a solid hitter, he just might be a permanent replacement for Dye in RF. Dude has A LOT of power, a good arm, and pretty decent speed.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
Terrero is signed to a one year deal, which is one reason why he shouldn't be considered prospect. If you want to see him in the OF next season, the Sox will have to sign him again.

Which shouldn't be a problem.

The term prospect is mainly given to guys in the minors and such, but it actually mean the possibility of something, so IMO, anyone could be considered a prospect.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
Which shouldn't be a problem.

The term prospect is mainly given to guys in the minors and such, but it actually mean the possibility of something, so IMO, anyone could be considered a prospect.

Well...OK. But my point was that guys like Fields are under Sox control for 6 years with the pre-arb years being very cheap. If Terrero miraculously has a great year, the Sox will need to bid against other teams to bring him back. And they would be laying out several million dollars and 2 or 3 years betting that his performance wasn't a fluke. So Terrero is not the same as the other players on the list in terms of value to the Sox.

What's with the f***ing Luis Terrero talk? I'm asking because I haven't watched the last few games because I had to work or attend graduations for some family members and such but I'm just looking at his little sample size and it's not wowzer impressing other than his ops looking good. No extra bases, can barely walk and has only stolen one bag. From what I saw had decent speed but took mediocre routes to the ball, but had a very good jump on it. Not great but solid defense all around.

Has he improved alot since getting playing time? Does he have a good arm? Only caught today's game BTW even though I watched some of the studly Cole Hamels performance.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
Well...OK. But my point was that guys like Fields are under Sox control for 6 years with the pre-arb years being very cheap. If Terrero miraculously has a great year, the Sox will need to bid against other teams to bring him back. And they would be laying out several million dollars and 2 or 3 years betting that his performance wasn't a fluke. So Terrero is not the same as the other players on the list in terms of value to the Sox.

So, I was wrong about this. Since Terrero has under 6 years MLB time, he is under Sox control for at least 2 more years.

Our top hitting prospect will likely be the number overall pick in the 2008 amateur draft, which at this rate will belong to us. I only hope that we can can sign him. Otherwise, we may have to rely on the offspring of our front office.

Edited by chisoxt

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 13, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Borchard?

Can we get him back? After what I have seen of these other guys he isn't any worse that's for sure. It seems we have a bunch of singles hittesr-punch and judy types all under .200. Terrero is actually looking better than the others.