This is why we have an illegal immigration problem.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 12:23 PM)
A van full of the little bastards cut Jim off 3 years ago and because Jim hit them it was his fault, despite NINE witness accounts. Just under $20K and 8 months later they were out of our lives.

Here in Phoenix we had a incident were an illegal seen an undercover cop who was looking for drug dealers. The illegal assumed the officer was after him, back into the officer's car sent it into incoming traffic into the path of a car that had a mother of 2 driving she was killed on the scene.

The stupid sheriff out here thinks we should deport him because Jail would be too good for him.

Edited by BHAMBARONS

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Here in Phoenix we had a incident were an illegal seen an undercover cop who was looking for drug dealers. The illegal assumed the officer was after him, back into the officer's car sent it into incoming traffic into the path of a car that had a mother of 2 driving she was killed on the scene.

The stupid sheriff out here thinks we should deport him because Jail would be too good for him.

Which brings up an interesting question... if an illegal alien commits a high crime like that, which is the better route? Jail or deportation? Jail is more expensive for all of us. But, deportation means he probably gets off pretty much scott free. And, with him out of the country, any civil trial to recover damages would be a non-starter.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
You break the law in our country, you get sentenced the same way. Not different like Michael Fay getting caned or that dude in the Midnight Express.

BHAM, are you talking about Arpairo?

Yeah,

I believe that is him they didn't say who in the paper. But I guess it is DA Andrew Thomas that makes the decision

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 12:00 PM)
You weren't born in the life of a legal firm, and nobody is forcing you to go law school.

These immigrants, like many of our ancestors, were born in s***ty environments and are willing to face criminal charges and go through extreme dangers to come here and work a s***ty job for the rest of their lives. 5 years from now you'll have a smaller debt and a cushy job, and you earned by working hard.

5 years from now an illegal will still work the same level s***ty job (dishwasher, landscaper, painter, etc..) making the same s***ty money, still not receiving medical benefits but the alien will mind his or her own business while Mr. Whitecollar like yourself is trying to push them out of the country thinking it isn't fair that you can get the newest Mercedes because you have too much debt in your house and law school. :violin

Let's give them healthcare, after all it is a right.

Edited by Cknolls

Hmmm, maybe this is why we have an illegal immigration problem.

LOS ANGELES, June 25 -- The California Republican Party is having a tough time with immigrants -- but not because of the usual debates over Mexican border crossers. For the nation's largest state GOP, the troubles hit closer to home.

First the party was forced to admit it had hired a Canadian citizen with no political experience to be its new political director, under the H-1B visa program -- a program that grants temporary visas. Now revelations have surfaced that the party's chief operating officer, an Australian citizen, was ordered deported in 2001, spent one month in jail and then filed a lawsuit in federal court alleging wrongful arrest. The officer resigned on Sunday.

The California GOP platform supports federal action to end illegal immigration and calls for an end to non-emergency assistance to illegal immigrants.

"It seems curious and weird," said Arnold Steinberg, a Republican political consultant in California. "There's just so many people who have a long history of working in this state, who are qualified for these positions that would like to have them."

. . .

"They either failed to do due diligence and therefore did not know, not only about his citizenship status but the pending lawsuit, or they did know and didn't care," Brulte said. "Either their process is broken or their judgment is off."

Let's just make sure we hold the employer responsible for hiring these dirtbag border-crossing illegals, right? ;)

And for once here, I'll buy the argument that these dirtbag border-crossing illegals actually are taking jobs that Whitebread America would be willing to do.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:39 PM)
Hmmm, maybe this is why we have an illegal immigration problem.

Let's just make sure we hold the employer responsible for hiring these dirtbag border-crossing illegals, right? ;)

And for once here, I'll buy the argument that these dirtbag border-crossing illegals actually are taking jobs that Whitebread America would be willing to do.

Absolutely! Seriously. It's time ANYONE caught doing this has the proverbial book thrown at them.

Isn't it a shame that we have these workers that want to work, while citizens sit on their asses and collect welfare? I'd much rather employ and support someone who wants to work and support their family over someone who happened to hit the lottery by being born here.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 10:19 AM)
Isn't it a shame that we have these workers that want to work, while citizens sit on their asses and collect welfare? I'd much rather employ and support someone who wants to work and support their family over someone who happened to hit the lottery by being born here.

So maybe it is time to end the welfare state.

Those poor Mexicans - they just want to work. Meanwhile, those f'ed up Americans, all they want to do is collect money without working!

It amazes me our entire economic and social prosperity hinges TOTALLY on this immigration bill. We can't possibly survive without these immigrants!

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? Because of one case involving a Canadian who was already here legally on a visa?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed completely. Instead of forcing companies from not hiring them, don't you think companies would rather hire a hard worker for minimum wage over some high school kid. The problem is employers abuse the system and undercut the workers' wages.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So maybe it is time to end the welfare state.

Good luck with that. Instead of using link cards the desperate, starving Americans will resort to stealing it or committing other illegal acts to get it. An illegal will get a crappy job to support his or her life.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)
Why? Because of one case involving a Canadian who was already here legally on a visa?

Yes, in that one case I'd wager there were plenty of American Whitebreads willing and able to do the work. That is unlike all of the other menial jobs immigrant laborers are supposedly stealing from Americans.

I'm not doubting there are Americans who would work in that position, but I wouldn't call this person a "dirtbag border-crossing illegal."

To me the issue isn't really about illegal citizens as it is about illegal Mexicans. Just my $.02

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 05:57 PM)
I'm not doubting there are Americans who would work in that position, but I wouldn't call this person a "dirtbag border-crossing illegal."

To me the issue isn't really about illegal citizens as it is about illegal Mexicans. Just my $.02

Well, since illegal Mexicans (or hispanics in general) make up the bulk of the illegal population, they tend to get the most attention. if we were flooded with 12 million border-jumping Swedes, we would be concerned about them instead. Unless they were all members of the Swedish Bikini Team.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)

Yeah, I figured using green would have been overkill what with all the hyperbole and mock outrage in there. I was pretending to be an enraged jingoistic close-the-borders-and-kick-em-all-out policy advocate for a minute. It didn't take.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:53 AM)
Yeah, I figured using green would have been overkill what with all the hyperbole and mock outrage in there. I was pretending to be an enraged jingoistic close-the-borders-and-kick-em-all-out policy advocate for a minute. It didn't take.

I hope you're not talking about most of us here... most of us aren't advocating that, but we are advocating that they not get amnesty. Big difference.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:53 PM)

So when Americans waive the flag and want to defend our country, that's being jingoistic, and therefor bad. But when Mexicans or Puertoricans (SP?) waive their flags out car windows and send lots of money back to the homeland, that's being patriotic and showing pride in their homeland?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 07:30 AM)
I hope you're not talking about most of us here... most of us aren't advocating that, but we are advocating that they not get amnesty. Big difference.

Sometimes people have a hard time telling the difference between anti-immigrant and anti-illegal immigrant, and can only see the most extreme position.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 08:30 AM)

No, not most of us. Only the extreme fringe Minutemen contingent.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:13 AM)
So when Americans waive the flag and want to defend our country, that's being jingoistic, and therefor bad.

Not at all. When patriotism is allowed to grow into belligerence, xenophobia and fear-mongering, that's being jingoistic.

12 million illegals didn't show up here overnight. It's the product of decades of a system that allowed it to happen and a consumerist society that enjoys the benefits of cheap labor but didn't want to worry about the source of the cheap labor. In a gross miscalculation as to the chances of moving forward on workable solutions, this long-standing situation has now become a front-and-center issue and a distraction from more pressing national needs.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)

Not at all. When patriotism is allowed to grow into belligerence, xenophobia and fear-mongering, that's being jingoistic.

12 million illegals didn't show up here overnight. It's the product of decades of a system that allowed it to happen and a consumerist society that enjoys the benefits of cheap labor but didn't want to worry about the source of the cheap labor. In a gross miscalculation as to the chances of moving forward on workable solutions, this long-standing situation has now become a front-and-center issue and a distraction from more pressing national needs.

I totally agree with that. I wish they would have enforced the last (1986) agreement. That is all it would have taken.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 09:09 AM)

I will agree with that. mostly, is it really fear-mongering if there really is something to fear? Like Kap said, I wish they would have enforced this a long time ago. i wish they would enforce it now. Hell, even France is getting serious about illegal immigration and stepping up their deportations.