Eddie Murray fired by the Dodgers

dagotony06

"Change is never easy, but sometimes it is necessary, and we feel that this is the best thing right now to help the team win," Dodgers manager Grady Little said in a club statement. "Our offense hasn't lived up to our expectations, and no one person is responsible for the results we've had this season. I have the utmost respect for Eddie Murray as a person and as a professional, and I wish him nothing but the best."

The Dodgers have posted a .261 team batting average, sixth in the National League, with 288 runs scored, tied for seventh in the league. They're tied for 14th in home runs with 52, and they rank 15th in slugging percentage at .383.

Makes you wonder how the f*** Greg Walker still has a job!!!

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
That's why the Dodgers have a good chance to be compete year in and year out. They have a good management that isn't scared to make a big move, to go along with a good scouting department. Wish we had that.

Being in the NL West doesn't hurt either. And when was the last time the Sox weren't competing before this year?

Note: I'm not defending the Sox this year, but if you're going to knock this organization, you've got to say something a lot more legit than that.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)
That's why the Dodgers have a good chance to be compete year in and year out. They have a good management that isn't scared to make a big move, to go along with a good scouting department. Wish we had that.

I don't know, I just can't see how anyone could have expected the Dodgers to do anything other than struggle to score runs this year. They scored a ton of runs with very little power last year, and their big additions were Juan Pierre and Luis Gonzalez, two players who were only going to make that problem worse. I mean, it looked to me like JD and the Dodgers were a good match before the season even started, because they were going to be so desperate for a few home runs at some point.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
I don't know, I just can't see how anyone could have expected the Dodgers to do anything other than struggle to score runs this year. They scored a ton of runs with very little power last year, and their big additions were Juan Pierre and Luis Gonzalez, two players who were only going to make that problem worse. I mean, it looked to me like JD and the Dodgers were a good match before the season even started, because they were going to be so desperate for a few home runs at some point.

I agree. I think if JD gets shipped out it will be to the Dodgers. I'm just not sure what KW has in mind for the Sox orginazation.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
Hopefully this will give KW the foundation to ditch the Walk the new slogan for a hitting coach replacement.

DITCH THE WALK

Ironically, that is the same thing Walker says to all the hitters.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)

that's ridiculous. over the past 10 years our records are virtually identical. they've made two playoff appearances and so have we. we won a world series, they haven't. so how exactly are they a visionary organization while we're just a bunch of boobs?

Edited by thedoctor

I just don't get it. How a team that is tied for first place in their division can realize that their hitting coach just wasn't getting the job done, although they are in first. Meanwhile our GM let's a guy keep his job even though we have the worst offense in all the Majors. Someone has to be held accountable. Sure I would like the players to be held accountable, but in reality that isn't gonna happen.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
I just don't get it. How a team that is tied for first place in their division can realize that their hitting coach just wasn't getting the job done, although they are in first. Meanwhile our GM let's a guy keep his job even though we have the worst offense in all the Majors. Someone has to be held accountable. Sure I would like the players to be held accountable, but in reality that isn't gonna happen.

When you have the Sox record, it more than just the hitting coach not getting the job done. Why is it you give Ozzie, KW and Cooper a pass?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
When you have the Sox record, it more than just the hitting coach not getting the job done. Why is it you give Ozzie, KW and Cooper a pass?

Coop's starting pitching has been pretty good this year. The bullpen is a disaster. There are no long track records for the guys we put into the pen outside of MacDougal.

Walk, the entire lineup, and as he has already said many a time with his "flip their baseball cards comments", they have a long record of major league success.

First move, fire the hitting coach. We are ranked 30th in baseball in hitting.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)

Trust me I'm not giving them a pass at all. I have said in other threads to get rid of them all. Time for a change in philosophy in this org. Our minor leaguers come up and look absolutely terrible at the plate. Like they don't have a clue. From BA to Sweeney to Owens to Fields all of them. I don't have confidence in any one we bring up. None of our prospects look like they will be even average major leaguers, and that falls directly on KW and the scouting and drafting we have done on the past years. I just believe it's time for a change, because the future doesn't look too bright for us.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
I think JD could go to any of the Padres, Dodgers, or DBacks. They all could use someone like him. The guy I want most from any of those teams though is Billingsley.

Chris Young lovers would say otherwise.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Change is never easy, but sometimes it is necessary, and we feel that this is the best thing right now to help the team win," Dodgers manager Grady Little said in a club statement. "Our offense hasn't lived up to our expectations, and no one person is responsible for the results we've had this season. I have the utmost respect for Eddie Murray as a person and as a professional, and I wish him nothing but the best."

The Dodgers have posted a .261 team batting average, sixth in the National League, with 288 runs scored, tied for seventh in the league. They're tied for 14th in home runs with 52, and they rank 15th in slugging percentage at .383.

Makes you wonder how the f*** Greg Walker still has a job!!!

It is a totally different situation. Supposedly Eddie Murray was never a good fit there. It makes me wonder more why Eddie Murray keeps getting fired. What is he doing?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 12:13 PM)
It is a totally different situation. Supposedly Eddie Murray was never a good fit there. It makes me wonder more why Eddie Murray keeps getting fired. What is he doing?

I'm gonna guess his big head might have something to do with it.