Crucial stretch coming up here

AirScott

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
Then you can't be older than 16 years old. Sorry.

LOL at the infinite wisdom of the 20-year-old. Apparently you haven't followed sports long enough to know that a bad start isn't a death sentence: How about the 83-79 Cardinals that got hot in the playoffs and won the WS last year? Or the mediocre 2005 Steelers that entered December at 7-5, ripped off four straight wins to get the Wild Card, survived three tough road games in January, and won it all the following month?

Before anyone rips apart AirScott this quote from earlier in the thread should be revisited since it seems no one picked up on the sarcasm from AS.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 07:17 PM)
Air Scott your must me lke 15 years and well versed to think we have any chance.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
LOL at the infinite wisdom of the 20-year-old. Apparently you haven't followed sports long enough to know that a bad start isn't a death sentence: How about the 83-79 Cardinals that got hot in the playoffs and won the WS last year? Or the mediocre 2005 Steelers that entered December at 7-5, ripped off four straight wins to get the Wild Card, survived three tough road games in January, and won it all the following month?

Or the 2004 and 2005 Astros, for that matter, who started slow and made the playoffs both years. Like Kalapse said, I was being sarcastic, and I made this thread because I'm in the "this season isn't a lost cause but it's getting there" camp. So with this 20-game stretch, solid starting pitching and underachieving bats that should wake up at some point, the possibility of the playoffs isn't out of the question. From here till the all-star break serves as the time to get on a roll, build up confidence and get back into the playoff mix. If the Sox can't capitalize on this portion of the schedule, playoff chances then look very, very meek, especially with what appears to be a strong second half schedule.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 15, 2007 -> 11:24 AM)
Like Kalapse said, I was being sarcastic,

Since I didn't see your original post and it wasn't written in green, I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. No hard feelings. :cheers

If the Sox can't capitalize on this portion of the schedule, playoff chances then look very, very meek, especially with what appears to be a strong second half schedule.

Absolutely

Edited by WCSox