Minor League Catch-All Thread

santo=dorf

If anyone happens to have any sort of connection with the Charlotte Knights... I'd love to get an update on Donny Lucy (my AAP). There was never any word on the extent or severity of his injury, how long he'd be out, etc. Any sort of info would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
Dumb question. I know Bourgeois plays outfield and 2nd, but where does he usually start at for the Knights?

Typically out in the OF. Getz primary position would be 2B, but with Richar there that changes things a bit.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 11:35 AM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab3pos1

Didnt know where to put this, but it's a really nice article and a good read about a guy who's dream was only to play minor league ball and how he got there. Its long, but worth it.

That is a pretty good story. I can't believe that other manager recognized him - a guy who he last saw 12 years ago and didn't even make the team, plus he had a wig on.

Edited by dasox24

• 2 weeks later...

http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/news/story?id=3504480

Cubs minor league pitcher, Julio Castillo, faces felony charges during a brawl where he tried to throw the ball into the dugout to hit an opposing player, but missed and struck a fan sending him to the hospital.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see this posted at first, but it's in the Cub thread. More on the arrest here: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=438026

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
I did my first interview with a minor league baseball player this week. Here. It's awesome. His dad played for the Sox for a really short time and led the American League in pinch-hits in 1986.

How'd you get involved writing for the Diamondbacks minor leagues? You should put those efforts towards the Sox, specifically Futuresox.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
Just saw that Chris Carter has been on a power binge recently...

Currently 3rd in MiLB in homeruns with 36.

He was also 1-25 in a recent stretch, may still be going on. He is definitely a major leaguer power wise, but he still has some trouble making contact, although he walks a lot. He also really doesn't have a position except DH. A poor-man's Adam Dunn?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 12:02 PM)
He was also 1-25 in a recent stretch, may still be going on. He is definitely a major leaguer power wise, but he still has some trouble making contact, although he walks a lot. He also really doesn't have a position except DH. A poor-man's Adam Dunn?

If that's what he turns out to be, he's with the right team.

• 3 months later...

Jason Childers signed with the Rays today.

The Rays agreed to terms with right-handed pitcher Jason Childers on a Minor League contract.

Childers, 33, was an International League midseason All-Star in 2008 for the White Sox Triple-A affiliate, the Charlotte Knights, going 4-2 with a 1.22 ERA while converting all 17 save chances. In addition, he held opponents to a .167 average. His only Major League experience came with the Rays in 2006, when he made five relief appearances after making the club out of Spring Training.