Anyone watching the Cubs?

Big Hurtin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)
Hahaha! So, was Zambrainless yelling at the ump for "squeezing" the plate?

He should have just charged the ump and punched him. it's the cubbie way.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
You know what will put an end to 'fights' in baseball?

If just one time everyone would stand back and let two guys really go at it.

I'd predict exactly two punches would land... that's all.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 01:25 PM)
I think the Cubs are the clear leader in punches thrown this season @ this point, right?

But last in punches landed. Unless you include fights with your own teammates, of course.

It takes a lot to get Lee pissed so I gotta side with him on this one.

I'm no Cub fan, but I think D. Lee is a class act and one of the best baseball players around.

Fun video though! Damn! What a year: the CUBS are throwing punches at everyone in sight and we're... well I don't know what we are.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
I'd predict exactly two punches would land... that's all.

Exactly. It's easy to pretend to be a bad ass when you know your teamates are gonna break it up asap. If players knew that no one was gonna break it up and that they'd have to actually fight, they'd think twice about rushing the mound. Same goes for head hunting pitchers. I say let em go at it til they hit the ground, like in hockey.

Someone on the radio said that the vocal exchange sort of went like this:

Young: You ok?

Lee: Yeah.

Young: Good, now get your f***ing ass to 1st.

Lee: What?

I guess they said it on the post game.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
Someone on the radio said that the vocal exchange sort of went like this:

Young: You ok?

Lee: Yeah.

Young: Good, now get your f***ing ass to 1st.

Lee: What?

I guess they said it on the post game.

Pfft, Really?...and who would the source of that information be?

I saw this quote on CBSsportsline and thought it was pretty damn funny..

Zambrano, who'd fought teammate Michael Barrett on June 1, was in the Cubs clubhouse when the skirmish erupted Saturday, changing his jersey. He rushed to the field, saying he wanted to separate people.

"Thank God, nobody was hurt," he said.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
It takes a lot to get Lee pissed so I gotta side with him on this one.

I'm no Cub fan, but I think D. Lee is a class act and one of the best baseball players around.

Fun video though! Damn! What a year: the CUBS are throwing punches at everyone in sight and we're... well I don't know what we are.

A class act who, when initially seperated, ran behind a few of his Cubbie teammates to 'hold him back'.

What would really end the fights would be like basketball and have an automatic suspension for anyone who leaves the dugout or bullpen. Mr. batter, if you feel that outraged that you want to go at the pitcher with 8 other guys on the field, knock yourself out. But a teammate leaves the bench, automatic suspension and fine, no appeal. How fast would a DLee go running out there if he knew he wouldn't have teammates to hide behind after the initial scrum?

Edited by Alpha Dog

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
A class act who, when initially seperated, ran behind a few of his Cubbie teammates to 'hold him back'.

What would really end the fights would be like basketball and have an automatic suspension for anyone who leaves the dugout or bullpen. Mr. batter, if you feel that outraged that you want to go at the pitcher with 8 other guys on the field, knock yourself out. But a teammate leaves the bench, automatic suspension and fine, no appeal. How fast would a DLee go running out there if he knew he wouldn't have teammates to hide behind after the initial scrum?

So you can't leave the bench, but it's ok to leave your position and take on a guy 9 on 1? That makes a whole lot of sense.

The leaving the dugout rule would be stupid and would be broken constantly due to the numbers game. You can't have that rule unless you followed it up with position players can't leave their positions, which would also never happen.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)
So you can't leave the bench, but it's ok to leave your position and take on a guy 9 on 1? That makes a whole lot of sense.

The leaving the dugout rule would be stupid and would be broken constantly due to the numbers game. You can't have that rule unless you followed it up with position players can't leave their positions, which would also never happen.

OK so make it if you leave your position. Hockey actually gives a 10 game suspension for the first guy to leave the bench, which would be about 20 games in an MLB season. If you want to end fights, there you go.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 11:57 PM)

It makes perfect sense. If you feel that enraged that you want to charge the mound, go ahead and charge the mound. Just realize that you are not going to have your bench to 'hold you back' like Lee when he ran for cover before acting all tough again. This would stop fights. What player wants to get suspended for a game for leaving the bench to stand around like a dope while two guys act tough?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 11:14 PM)
Let's not sissify baseball. They've been fighting forever. They will fight forever. You can't take a player's right to charge the mound if he so chooses away.

Sissify baseball? Baseball players couldn't be bigger sissies if they tried. I have yet to see a professional baseball player that doesn't fight like a woman.

OK, maybe Nolan Ryan.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 09:13 AM)
Sissify baseball? Baseball players couldn't be bigger sissies if they tried. I have yet to see a professional baseball player that doesn't fight like a woman.

LOL, honestly, that was the exact same thing that went through my mind when I read that.