Anyone watching the Cubs?

Big Hurtin

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 08:14 AM)
LOL, honestly, that was the exact same thing that went through my mind when I read that.

Isn't it pathetic? Every single time I see a baseball "fight" highlight on ESPN, I laugh. And for being athletes, besides lacking the ability to throw a decent punch, they can't land them either. Look at our own team last year. Brian Anderson threw about 38 punches at Mabry, and he grazed him twice. WHarris1 punches more household objects in a week than all of the combined punches landed by professional baseball players in a year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 09:26 AM)
Isn't it pathetic? Every single time I see a baseball "fight" highlight on ESPN, I laugh. And for being athletes, besides lacking the ability to throw a decent punch, they can't land them either. Look at our own team last year. Brian Anderson threw about 38 punches at Mabry, and he grazed him twice. WHarris1 punches more household objects in a week than all of the combined punches landed by professional baseball players in a year.

If im right Mabry went to the hospital after that incident so I think Anderson did more than just graze him. But yeah overall baseball players cant fight worth a s***, but every so often you get a great one lol. Go go kyle farnsworth?

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 08:22 AM)
It makes perfect sense. If you feel that enraged that you want to charge the mound, go ahead and charge the mound. Just realize that you are not going to have your bench to 'hold you back' like Lee when he ran for cover before acting all tough again. This would stop fights. What player wants to get suspended for a game for leaving the bench to stand around like a dope while two guys act tough?

So to you there's a difference in leaving the bench vs leaving your position? That's brutal logic.

The best fights rarely include punches landed. Chan Ho Park kicking Tim Belcher, Mo Vaughn tackling George Bell, Izzy Alcantary kicking the catcher, Mike Sweeney knocking out Jeff Weaver, Kyle Farnsworth slamming Paul Wilson, etc.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
So to you there's a difference in leaving the bench vs leaving your position? That's brutal logic.

Yes, if the objective is to stop fights. The 9 are already on the field, as is the batter. i guess you can say the on deck guy is also on the field, but even then, 9 vs 2. if the batter still wants to charge, go ahead and charge. You just cut down bench clearing incidents by probably 90%. Most of the guys would be happy to have an excuse to NOT go onto the field, especially the bullpen guys. How silly does it look seeing these guys jog in from the outfield. If they are gonna fight, why not nail the opposing teams bullpen pitchers as they leave the area, instead of just jogging down there to save face? But no, they gotta trot down to the pile and stand around looking like they care so they don't get called out for not being a team player.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Did I hear correctly that Lee got 6 games and the appeal will be heard this week? If he and Ramirez miss this weekend, it could be interesting.

Will Ramirez be back this weekend? They have their 3 best pitchers facing us this weekend.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 01:10 PM)
Carlos Zambrano just ran out there like a f***ing maniac throwing punches at anyone who could get within reach of. What a f***ing nutjob that guy is.

He was looking for Barrett

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 09:26 AM)

How about Carmello Anthonys infamous swing over a crowd of players than immediately running away.

I don't get all the talk in the papers about Young throwing at Lee because of Soriano. I don't think he threw at him at all. He had a no hitter goin and had Lee with a 1-2 count. You're telling me then all of a sudden he decides to plunk the guy in retaliation from the game before?? and for Soriano of all things.. even though Soriano batted twice already??

It makes no sense. I also don't get how Young got the same thing as Lee. I know it hardly effects Young cause he's a pitcher, but I would think the instigator always gets more.