danman31

Knights won 8-7 behind a strong effort from Broadway

Lance 7 IP, 2 R, 8 K, 1 BB, 5 hits

Pods 0-4, K, CS

Sweeney 2-4, 2B, K

Anderson 1-4, R, K

Barons lost 2-1 despite good outing from Honel

Honel 5 IP, 1 R, 2 K, 4 BB, 2 hits

Collaro 0-3, BB, 2 K (his 4th BB in his last 42 at-bats, almost respectable)

Nanita 2-3, R

Hogs won 5-2

Reves 1-2, 2 BB

D Rod 6 IP, 2 R

Allen walkoff gives Kanny 7-5 win

Gomes 3-5, 2B, 2 R

Carter 2-3, R, 2 BB

Allen 1-5, 3 run walkoff HR with 2 outs in the 9th, K

Long 5.1 IP, 3 R

Texeira 2.1 IP, 4 K

Lance striking out 8 people today, nice. Sounds like his curve was really biting today, and only one walk. I know he has been struggling with his control this season. I know a lot of people aren't to high on him, but he has produced at every level he's been at. He sounds like what Hawk would call a true pitcher, otherwise known as a pitcher that is very grindy.

Sweeney with 2 more hits. I really want to see him up and starting in LF.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
Lance striking out 8 people today, nice. Sounds like his curve was really biting today, and only one walk. I know he has been struggling with his control this season. I know a lot of people aren't to high on him, but he has produced at every level he's been at. He sounds like what Hawk would call a true pitcher, otherwise known as a pitcher that is very grindy.

Sweeney with 2 more hits. I really want to see him up and starting in LF.

We pretty much need to let him come up and get his slumps out of the way this year, so that next year we can add two or three offensive players and be a solid team again.

I know he didn't pitch, but I've heard some improving stuff on McCulloch. Sounds like he's been doing a lot better (stuff wise) as of late.

Looks like Lance had a real good outing. I still think he's the type of guy you sell "high" in order to get a young middle infield prospect or outfielder in here. I really want to see Sweeney recalled and was glad to see Derek Rodriguez with a nice start (He's got a real nice arm and I think long term projects as a potential set up man...pretty good FB and slider IIRC).