White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/18/07 (W)

knightni

Contreras has to prove that his last outing was an aberration instead of part of a trend.

First start back from injury for Josh Johnson. I'd like to say something positive about that in the Sox's favor, but it seems like a lot of "first start" guys have really had the Sox's number this season.

Ah well.

Anyways...

:bringit :gosox1:

:cheers

Edited by knightni

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 04:24 AM)
ill be at the game, not sure if ill be reppin marlins or sox or both.

same with me, although I am 1-0 on the year. I want Fields to do well, but I could care less for Contreras. Had it been Buehrle, Garland, or Danks, I would hope they all perform well, but maybe Count can pitch well and improve his trade value. Surely, someone would take a World Series champion starting pitcher, but where would Jose accept a trade to is the difficult part.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 08:58 AM)
same with me, although I am 1-0 on the year. I want Fields to do well, but I could care less for Contreras. Had it been Buehrle, Garland, or Danks, I would hope they all perform well, but maybe Count can pitch well and improve his trade value. Surely, someone would take a World Series champion starting pitcher, but where would Jose accept a trade to is the difficult part.

Contreras also had a no trade when he was with the Yankees. He stated he didn't want to be where he wasn't wanted. I think if he does have a no trade, which I'm really not sure of, it would be of little hinderance. I still think he's a good pitcher. I wouldn't trade him.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be at the game. 0-3 this year. Want to see Fields. Is pods going to be back this series.

Well the big news from the 2 hour Sox brain trust meeting this afternoon ... KW on the pregame basically says they (the players) want to see how they perform when Podsednik and Erstad get back, to see if the team can go on a run. Konerko was at the meeting, as was Guillen and Hahn and of course Williams.

So it does not look like any trades will be made for now. My guess is they will evaluate where they are in two weeks, like July 1st.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
Well the big news from the 2 hour Sox brain trust meeting this afternoon ... KW on the pregame basically says they (the players) want to see how they perform when Podsednik and Erstad get back, to see if the team can go on a run. Konerko was at the meeting, as was Guillen and Hahn and of course Williams.

So it does not look like any trades will be made for now. My guess is they will evaluate where they are in two weeks, like July 1st.

KW asked Konerko, Thome and someone else what they needed for the second half last year, and they said nothing. KW, you are the GM, you make the decisions. This is stupid. I don't know how Pods or Erstad will make the bullpen any better, or make Vazquez think like a winner. I also don't know how it will make the rest of the line-up any quicker or swing and miss less. KW will use that meeting to deflect some of the blame off himself. He needs to be fired.

Edited by Dick Allen

So...Pods and Grindey are going to teach the idiots that are slumping how to hit and the suck ass bullpen we have how to suddenly pitch and not blow games?? Give me a break. Stop making excuses and start looking at plan B.

QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:46 PM)

I can officially say that I'm rooting for this team to lose over the next 3 weeks. Just like this last series, I want to see Fields, Dye, and Buehrle do well.

Edited by fathom

Yea, we'd be right in the thick of it if we hadn't lost erstad's 2 homers and .310 obp.

And if they perform back to their .500 level, that will get us exactly, uh, where? If they perform better than that it won't get us anywhere.

What are the players supposed to say: please trade us because this season's hopeless?

Edited by GreenSox

I think it is stupid as well. The only possible upside is certain players start doing better, it increases their value, and other teams get more desperate to add talent. I do not see either Cleveland or Detroit collapsing to a major degree, not to mention Minn.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
This is karma for laughing at the Cubs all those years waiting on Wood and Prior. Here we are waiting on Pods and Erstad.

Atleast Wood and Prior were immensely talented young players with the ability to pull a s***ty team out of the cellar, you can't say the same at all for Groiny and Grindy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
This is karma for laughing at the Cubs all those years waiting on Wood and Prior. Here we are waiting on Pods and Erstad.

At first I laughed when I read that. But now I want to cry.

It's so true, so true.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
Atleast Wood and Prior were immensely talented young players with the ability to pull a s***ty team out of the cellar, you can't say the same at all for Groiny and Grindy.

I know. Its so pathetic I'm not even mad. I laugh.