White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/18/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
When there's been an injury to a player during a game over the last few months, it did take a good hour for there to be any word.

Hawk was in the locker room giving Erstad a massage within half an hour of that injury.

Great, Yahoo says he has a strained right quad. Wonderful.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant wait till everyone starts pitching out a bunch of times to catch Ozzie in his, man on first 2 outs, he goes deal.

Of course you do. Thank you negative man. By the way, in case you haven't noticed, the Sox are winning 9-3. Why should that matter - lets talk about the negatives.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
Trading Dye now would have made us too happy....we should have known better this year.

Honestly, that's why I pretty much figured there wasn't a trade. I was hoping though.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 02:39 AM)
He's fine fathom. Strained quad is nothing much at all. He will be playing tomorrow - unless it is a trade going down and they are hiding it.

There's been quite a few times since Dye's been on the Sox where he had a little tweak that ended up causing him to miss 3 or 4 games, etc. Any type of injury like this to Dye does nothing but hurt his stock.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 02:40 AM)
God I hate Jerry Owens in the OF.

What else has he done bad defensively since he's been up?

I just read the Contreras article on chicagosports. I can only hope someone will take him off of our hands. He went from having great stuff to mediocre stuff so quickly.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
I just read the Contreras article on chicagosports. I can only hope someone will take him off of our hands. He went from having great stuff to mediocre stuff so quickly.

I'm hoping KW can find a team willing to eat the $20M remaining on that deal, I don't even care about the talent we get in return at this point, the $10M freed for next seen is enough for me.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
Of course you do. Thank you negative man. By the way, in case you haven't noticed, the Sox are winning 9-3. Why should that matter - lets talk about the negatives.

Its nice to see you are on peoples nuts again.

Amazing that Thome has only 27 RBI's. All we asked for KW was to get a leadoff man that would get on base. He brought back Pods and foolishly signed Erstad. He had to know Ozzie was going to overplay him.