And that's a White Sox winner?

Heads22

I think that the only thing Jose would be worth in a trade is a bag of balls right now. His contract has become an albatross. I think that nobody would want him on their team for $10 million. I was not, after the 2005 season, happy about the contract he signed. This team would be better off if they let him walk after last year.

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
I think that the only thing Jose would be worth in a trade is a bag of balls right now. His contract has become an albatross. I think that nobody would want him on their team for $10 million. I was not, after the 2005 season, happy about the contract he signed. This team would be better off if they let him walk after last year.

I bet you were happy when he was throwing 97 early last year and striking out 13 in back to back starts. He got injured and needs to get back to dropping and driving instead of sidearming everything.

He gets ontop of that fastball and gets it back to 93-94 and he will dominate again.

Massett looked filthy for 2 batters. When he pitches ahead he can dominate. When get gets behind in the count, he gets rocked.

This was probably the 5th time this year where we were up 5 or 6 going into the 9th, and our relievers did so bad that we had to bring Jenks into the game. With Masset's WHIP just about at 2, can we please send him down? The offense looked much better though, and it's always great to see Thome get to face a righty.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 10:51 PM)
I bet you were happy when he was throwing 97 early last year and striking out 13 in back to back starts. He got injured and needs to get back to dropping and driving instead of sidearming everything.

He gets ontop of that fastball and gets it back to 93-94 and he will dominate again.

I don't recall Jose ever throwing 97 last year. the hardest I saw him throw was 95. He was mostly 93-94 last season. His forkball is at 72-75 this season when it was 78-81 last season. Slider was 84-87, last year, it is now 78-82. I've seen his fastball as low as 85 this year :o He's not getting his stuff back. I don't believe it is mechanical, he's just an old fart. He would have been on our team last year anyway, so what he did last year is irrelavent. The fact that he's going to be on our team for the next two years, with Jamie Moyer stuff, making over $10 million is what is bad. He'll be DFA before the end of next year. There's no way we'll find a taker for him unless he magically gets his fastball back to the 93-94 that you were talking about, and the rest of his stuff goes back to where it was last year too.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
How in the hell did we score 10 god damn runs?

I don't know if anyone mentioned this in the game thread but looking at the box score I noticed that every player on both teams had at least 1 hit. No 0-fers.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:38 PM)
How in the hell did we score 10 god damn runs?

The Marlins don't know how to play defense, Josh Johnson still isn't 100% and BK Kim's major league career might just be over at the ripe old age of 29.

If anything I come out of today's game with a bad taste in my mouth rather than a good one. Dye is having leg problems at the absolute wrong time, Jose Contreras appears to be on his way out and the bullpen is still scary bad. It would have been nice if the Sox hitters could drive the ball into the gaps with authority instead they were feasting on some of the most pathetic defensive efforts I've ever witnessed which is something a good team should be able to do but it doesn't get my hopes up about this offense at all.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
LOOK OUT INDIANS, TIGERS, ATHLETICS, MARINERS, YANKEES, TWINS, BLUE JAYS AND DEVIL RAYS! HERE. WE. COME!!!

10 back in the Wild Card race and gaining fast!

WHITE SOX COMING FOR THAT TOP SPOT~!

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:19 PM)
I don't recall Jose ever throwing 97 last year. the hardest I saw him throw was 95. He was mostly 93-94 last season. His forkball is at 72-75 this season when it was 78-81 last season. Slider was 84-87, last year, it is now 78-82. I've seen his fastball as low as 85 this year :o He's not getting his stuff back. I don't believe it is mechanical, he's just an old fart. He would have been on our team last year anyway, so what he did last year is irrelavent. The fact that he's going to be on our team for the next two years, with Jamie Moyer stuff, making over $10 million is what is bad. He'll be DFA before the end of next year. There's no way we'll find a taker for him unless he magically gets his fastball back to the 93-94 that you were talking about, and the rest of his stuff goes back to where it was last year too.

Keep in mind the comcast gun if off sometimes, it was WAY off today. I always remember Jose at 91-93 anyways.

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:19 PM)
The fact that he's going to be on our team for the next two years, with Jamie Moyer stuff, making over $10 million is what is bad. He'll be DFA before the end of next year. There's no way we'll find a taker for him unless he magically gets his fastball back to the 93-94 that you were talking about, and the rest of his stuff goes back to where it was last year too.

KW did trade Garcia, and there is always a GM out there willing to take a chance. You are not going to be getting a top 5 or 10 prospect in return, but you'll get a decent enough return.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 04:44 AM)
The Marlins don't know how to play defense, Josh Johnson still isn't 100% and BK Kim's major league career might just be over at the ripe old age of 29.

If anything I come out of today's game with a bad taste in my mouth rather than a good one. Dye is having leg problems at the absolute wrong time, Jose Contreras appears to be on his way out and the bullpen is still scary bad. It would have been nice if the Sox hitters could drive the ball into the gaps with authority instead they were feasting on some of the most pathetic defensive efforts I've ever witnessed which is something a good team should be able to do but it doesn't get my hopes up about this offense at all.

I'd rather take a "bad" win than a good loss any day of the week, especially this yr :gosox1: