White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/19/07 (L)

knightni

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
Anyone who thinks the Sox can make a run this year with this team is f***ing delusional.

Scratch thorton off the list of reliable relievers. That leaves us with... just Jenks? Logan, maybe, but its a stretch.

Anyone who thinks the Sox can make a run this year with this bullpen is f***ing delusional.

The fuse is lit.

37-29 now to get to 95 games and a possible playoff spot. They better get a winning quick.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:51 AM)
Anyone who thinks the Sox can make a run this year with this bullpen is f***ing delusional.

Exactly....besides for the closer, it's the worst bullpen I've seen in the majors in a long time. I do love letting a lefty start against the 2-3-4 that destroys lefty pitching.

Right, I'm watching for development now. Worst case now would be if they got hot.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
Way to bring in Jenks.

I don't question this move, if only because just about every manager doesn't use their closer in a tie game in the ninth. But seriously, why is this common practice? If it goes to extras anyway, you're using another pitcher besides the closer if it goes that far. The goal is to not let it (obviously).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
Exactly....besides for the closer, it's the worst bullpen I've seen in the majors in a long time. I do love letting a lefty start against the 2-3-4 that destroys lefty pitching.

Right now out of 7 slots the Sox have 2 filled, the closer and LOOGY roles are pretty reliable. I don't see how a team can be expected to go 66-29 to finish out the season when 5/7 of the pen is filled with dog s***. This resurgence bulls*** is just f***ing retarded.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
I don't question this move, if only because just about every manager doesn't use their closer in a tie game in the ninth. But seriously, why is this common practice? If it goes to extras anyway, you're using another pitcher besides the closer if it goes that far. The goal is to not let it (obviously).

Actually it's pretty common practice to use your closer in the top of the 9th in a tie game at home.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:53 AM)
Once again, just another step closer until the fire.

Amen....if Fields hits a homer and the Sox lose a close game, I'm not going to be upset. I just hope Thome will be able to face the Cubs this wknd. It's probably going to be the last 3 games of the season I really want us to win.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 09:55 PM)
Right now out of 7 slots the Sox have 2 filled, the closer and LOOGY roles are pretty reliable. I don't see how a team can be expected to go 66-29 to finish out the season when 5/7 of the pen is filled with dog s***. This resurgence bulls*** is just f***ing retarded.

Pods and Erstad to save the day.

M I RITE?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)

Damn.

I think that I just figured out your avatar.

Matt Thornton's Damaso Marte.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
Damn.

I think that I just figured out your avatar.

Matt Thornton's Damaso Marte.

If only Matt Thornton and Damaso Marte had even half the good looks of Chad Billingsely and Wilson Betemit.