White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

"This is a joke."

He immediately goes after Iguchi for not getting the bunt down.

Going after Danks now for his inability to throw strikes. "the only reason this kid made the ballclub is because of his ability to throw strikes."

Going after the hitters for falling asleep for the final 7 innings of the game.

"It's a joke!"

"I'm tired of watching this day in and day out"

"we have 35,000 fans in the stands that believe but the players don't believe in theirself (his words)."

"The talent is there, we're just wasting our talent." "I'm tired of being positive" "I've tired of being the root root guy, lets go lets go" *catches himself* "I don't want to say that I'll be beeped"

"This is the same team we had in 2005, blame the players"

You really have to hear it for yourself. Protecting himself, JR and KW, putting the blame squarely on the players, interesting.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
Actually, Ozzie is handling this with as much class as anyone could.

Ozzie has shocked me lately with a little maturity. Is he taking as much blame for the failure as he accepted for the success?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
I really can't disagree with much of what Ozzie said. Good managers have good players, and it's clear Ozzie doesn't have many at his disposal.

I would get tired of seeing the same old s*** over and over again to.

one could say that he his also hinting to his GM and saying give me some f***ing players that don't suck.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
Well, Ozzie pretty much just put everything on the players in that press conference -- something he has never done in his time here. I don't know what to think...

The end of his press conference was very interesting. He backed himself, KW and JR while throwing his players under the bus. The losing is starting to get to Ozzie.

I'm watching him on Comcast right now, he looks like s***. I really think Ozzie might just end up quiting.

This game was the epitome of the 2007 White Sox. Score some runs early don't score for the last 7 innings against relievers. Sure Danks could have been better, he's really struggled lately, but he did leave with the lead. Have the bullpen blow it, and lose again.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:06 AM)
one could say that he his also hinting to his GM and saying give me some f***ing players that don't suck.

This team has too many holes....at this point, you just admit failure this year and look to next year and 2009.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:07 PM)
This game was the epitome of the 2007 White Sox. Score some runs early don't score for the last 7 innings against relievers. Sure Danks could have been better, he's really struggled lately, but he did leave with the lead. Have the bullpen blow it, and lose again.

In all fairness, he left with the lead in after the 4th inning. That doesn't really count.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)
The end of his press conference was very interesting. He backed himself, KW and JR while throwing his players under the bus. The losing is starting to get to Ozzie.

I'm watching him on Comcast right now, he looks like s***. I really think Ozzie might just end up quiting.

Ozzie looks weird without facial hair. Maybe I've seen him for over 20 years with it, but wow. Of course, I used to get freaked out when my grandpa took his glasses offf. Ozzie does appear to be packing on pounds.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)

I'd hope he'd take Joey Cora with him. I doubt either would be much different, if any, as managers. Razor Shines for 08! :)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:06 AM)

I'm thinking the same thing -- he looks awful. Yeah, he's pissed, and rightfully so.

I think at this point even part of Ozzie would want this thing blown up. At least with young guys he could 'expect' the losing and the mistakes, whereas with this group, he's expecting winning (whether he's right to think that really isn't the point).

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
Ozzie looks weird without facial hair. Maybe I've seen him for over 20 years with it, but wow. Of course, I used to get freaked out when my grandpa took his glasses offf. Ozzie does appear to be packing on pounds.

You're right about the facial hair, he just doesn't look quite right without that s***ty goatee. He's put on a lot of weight and the bags under his eyes are about the size of garlic cloves right now. He should really just walk away with a few million dollars under his belt and a World Series Ring. I doubt he'd have much trouble finding work that's a little less stressful.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
I'm thinking the same thing -- he looks awful. Yeah, he's pissed, and rightfully so.

I think at this point even part of Ozzie would want this thing blown up. At least with young guys he could 'expect' the losing and the mistakes, whereas with this group, he's expecting winning (whether he's right to think that really isn't the point).

That's a good point. I think KW is making phone calls as we speak.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:11 PM)
You're right about the facial hair, he just doesn't look quite right without that s***ty goatee. He's put on a lot of weight and the bags under his eyes are about the size of a garlic clove right now. He should really just walk away with a few million dollars under his belt and a World Series Ring. I doubt he'd have much trouble finding work that's a little less stressful.

ESPN would hire him in a heartbeat, even if nobody could understand him.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
I really think tonight is a big turing point in the season.

Williams seemed to really do the press circut today, htting the local media, then going national on PTI, stating the Sox battle cry, that they aren't out of it yet.

Game starts, and its the same old s***. Few runs early, hits stop, and bullpen blows lead. Same s***, different night.

Then you get Ozzie blowing up, throwing his players under the bus, having the players take the blame for the mess.

Really though, you have a team where Andy Gonzalez is leading off. He wouldn't lead off for most AA teams. How can you really expect to be an upper echolon team?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
ESPN would hire him in a heartbeat, even if nobody could understand him.

It would be interesting watching Ozzie and Dusty breaking s*** down on BBTN. Ozzie would finally be able to let loose whenever he wants, it would be some great tv.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:09 PM)
I don't know what he's talking about. Between the injuries and departures, this team is hardly the same team.

The bullpen is almost entirely different. The DH is different. The lead off hitter. Tonight's starting pitcher. He's just as frustrated as all of us. It probably eats at him he has no answers.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)
It would be interesting watching Ozzie and Dusty breaking s*** down on BBTN. Ozzie would finally be able to let loose whenever he wants, it would be some great tv.

I really like Dusty on BBTN. He is very good on analysis. Same goes for Eric Young, but I can't stand his voice.