White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:17 AM)
I agree with you, but it seems Williams and Co. don't.

This francise right now should be at Defcon 4.

I never thought I'd say this, but this mess is more of KW's fault than Ozzie's right now. Not only will the Sox likely suck for the next few years, but the Tigers and Indians are going to be incredible.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:17 PM)
I agree with you, but it seems Williams and Co. don't.

This francise right now should be at Defcon 4.

With Thome having more issues, I think the little get together has become a non issue. They need to start getting ready for 2008. I'm not KW's biggest backer, but I don't think he's stupid.

If the White Sox do go into fire-sale mode, or at least mini-fire sale mode, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hall shipped off to a contender as he has really wanted to be on a contending team for a while now, I think.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:19 PM)
I really like Dusty on BBTN. He is very good on analysis. Same goes for Eric Young, but I can't stand his voice.

Orestes Destrade as Donald Trump would say is a total disaster. Its amazing how the way someone speaks can turn you off right away.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:20 AM)
If the White Sox do go into fire-sale mode, or at least mini-fire sale mode, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hall shipped off to a contender as he has really wanted to be on a contending team for a while now, I think.

Hall needs to get surgery on his labrum done ASAP so that he can be ready for next year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:19 AM)
I never thought I'd say this, but this mess is more of KW's fault than Ozzie's right now. Not only will the Sox likely suck for the next few years, but the Tigers and Indians are going to be incredible.

I think Kenny clarified himself a bit more on PTI today. He made the comment along the lines of, "if things don't pick up soon, we're obviously going to have to look at a change in direction (ie, more youngins and less vets), but hopefully it won't come to that."

All I ask is that we don't get swept by the Cubs this weekend. But perhaps losing two out of three with some really embarrassing baseball will put the nails in this coffin.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)
God damn injuries/umpires/duck farts...we'd be right in this thing

My buddy who I go to games with and I were talking about this tonight. Actually laughing. Last night when they blew the call at first in the Sox favor, Hawk kept praising the guy as being a great umpire. If he was safe and Tschida called him out, I'm sure he would have had a different opinion.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)
Hall needs to get surgery on his labrum done ASAP so that he can be ready for next year.

He didn't even bother throwing tonight on the steal attempts, but then again it didn't appear Johnny Bench in his prime would have had a chance. He also bounced a couple to Fields on strikeouts.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:23 AM)
I think Kenny clarified himself a bit more on PTI today. He made the comment along the lines of, "if things don't pick up soon, we're obviously going to have to look at a change in direction (ie, more youngins and less vets), but hopefully it won't come to that."

All I ask is that we don't get swept by the Cubs this weekend. But perhaps losing two out of three with some really embarrassing baseball will put the nails in this coffin.

With Thome possibly out, the chances that Zambrano shuts us out is quite high.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:26 AM)
He didn't even bother throwing tonight on the steal attempts, but then again it didn't appear Johnny Bench in his prime would have had a chance. He also bounced a couple to Fields on strikeouts.

But you know what, it's really paid off that he got a few innings in at first base during ST.