White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/20/07 (L)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Alright...you show me the proof. C'mon, there's no way.

I'll do a google search in a minute but in the mean time I can explain. First thing's first, Pods and Erstad were both going to see substantial DL time this year, that much was guaranteed, I figured we'd be seeing both on the DL by mid May (I was off a bit). There was a week left in ST and Terrero was tearing the s*** out of the ball and since Ozzie loves him I figured he'd make the team out of ST and take over for Erstad in CF when he went down. With Pods hitting the DL the most logical callup (KW/Oz logic) would be Owens who would be seeing substantial time in LF and leading off since he's a lefty, a real outfielder and very fast whereas Ozuna is an infielder and bats right handed (a platoon would be in order). You figure Jermaine with his many small injuries would be in need of some days off during the summer months and Rob Mackowiak is the only real option for RF so right there you get an outfield of Owens/Terrero/Mack.

You have to remember, I f***ing hated the way this outfield was put together in the offseason, i wasn't anywhere near as optimistic as some when it came to the potential of this old, injury prone mess.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
I'll do a google search in a minute but in the mean time I can explain. First thing's first, Pods and Erstad were both going to see substantial DL time this year, that much was guaranteed, I figured we'd be seeing both on the DL by mid May (I was off a bit). There was a week left in ST and Terrero was tearing the s*** out of the ball and since Ozzie loves him I figured he'd make the team out of ST and take over for Erstad in CF when he went down. With Pods hitting the DL the most logical callup (KW/Oz logic) would be Owens who would be seeing substantial time in LF and leading off since he's a lefty, a real outfielder and very fast whereas Ozuna is an infielder and bats right handed (a platoon would be in order). You figure Jermaine with his many small injuries would be in need of some days off during the summer months and Rob Mackowiak is the only real option for RF so right there you get an outfield of Owens/Terrero/Mack.

You have to remember, I f***ing hated the way this outfield was put together in the offseason, i wasn't anywhere near as optimistic as some when it came to the potential of this old, injury prone mess.

Touché.

Jon is at 105 after 7.

Hell, I say we bring him out in the 8th. Don't bother warming anyone but Jenks and Logan.

If Jon needs to come out and there is a lefty up, go to Logan (in 8th).

If Jon needs to come out and it's a righty...Jenks' game all the way.

Screw the rest

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably true.

What name should you get for your lack of grammar and spelling abilities?

Sorry I don't reply like this. It just wastes time. instead i just reply like this. sorry i dont spell dont like don't, and u like you.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
Sorry I don't reply like this. It just wastes time. instead i just reply like this. sorry i dont spell dont like don't, and u like you.

So you dont reply like this, but you do reply like this?

im lost

and what does it mean to u like you?

sorry i dont spell dont like don't, and u like you.

I think this is my new sig ;)

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you dont reply like this, but you do reply like this?

im lost

and what does it mean to u like you?

just drop it. sorry i dont spell words right online. dont act like i dont know how to spell "don't" and "you".

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
Kalapse, what happened per se?

Ground ball to Uribe, he throws the ball away, it bounces off the stands and roles next to the dugout. Hanley Ramirez runs through first then takes a few steps toward second before pulling up and walking back to the first base bag. Konerko noticed that Ramirez rounded off his run through first and tagged Ramirez out since he committed to 2B.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
just drop it. sorry i dont spell words right online. dont act like i dont know how to spell "don't" and "you".

Honestly, all it does is make you look less intelligent and immature. I'm not saying it's entirely fair but that's the way it is.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
Ground ball to Uribe, he throws the ball away, it bounces off the stands and roles next to the dugout. Hanley Ramirez runs through first then takes a few steps toward second before pulling up and walking back to the first base bag. Konerko noticed that Ramirez rounded off his run through first and tagged Ramirez out since he committed to 2B.

Ah, nice.

Thanks

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your profile says otherwise.

Haven't we went over this already? I just picked any date. Just like when you get an AIM screen name, does anybody put their real birthday? I don't think so.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kenny should pick up his $5M option for next season immediately following today's game.

You spoke too soon. Way to get picked off Juan.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Haven't we went over this already? I just picked any date. Just like when you get an AIM screen name, does anybody put their real birthday? I don't think so.

You spoke too soon. Way to get picked off Juan.

I put my real birthday in. I like to be recognized for that stuff, im silly that way