White Sox vs. Marlins, 6/20/07 (L)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hear Ozzie now "We ok, it was going to happen to Bobby sometime.. he has been over worked in the last 20+ games... you cant expect him to go out there every day for this team and shut the opponent down" I dont post much but I can tell you this ... this season is toast. Its a shame I have about 20 more games to go to this season but if i leave around the 7th inning and they have the lead at least when I leave I can pretend they won and not worry about the bulls*** coming out of our bullpen!

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
Gametrack had those fastballs blazin' in there at 93 MPH too...

Its sad when we all know that no way in hell Jenks should go 2 innings...and yet...we don't want to see ANYONE else out of the pen.

Top notch bullpen we've got here, glad that was fixed in the offseason.

It would be swell if we just fired every coach in our system....the sooner the better. Jenks lack of velocity this far into the season is very disturbing.

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
I can hear Ozzie now "We ok, it was going to happen to Bobby sometime.. he has been over worked in the last 20+ games... you cant expect him to go out there every day for this team and shut the opponent down" I dont post much but I can tell you this ... this season is toast. Its a shame I have about 20 more games to go to this season but if i leave around the 7th inning and they have the lead at least when I leave I can pretend they won and not worry about the bulls*** coming out of our bullpen!

I'm thinking it's going to be more like "I did what the fans want, and that's to bring in Jenks in the 8th inning".

So, when this game inevitably ends in a loss we'd have to go, what, 66-26 the remainder of the season to have any chance of playoff contention?

Please, let the fire-sale begin sooner rather than later. If it takes a Cubs sweep to finally get everything in motion, then I'll accept it. It's becoming ridiculous watching this team lose day after day, series after series; with people on the team and on this board continuing to have hope.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
My prediction is that if the Cubs series goes badly, the fire sale begins Monday.

You mean you don't like our chances against Zambrano, Hill, and Marshall with Aramis returning tomorrow?

This season will hit rock bottom if we lose the series (or get swept by) to the Cubs.

I didn't care in '06 about the Cubs series, nor did I in May (when I thought we'd be a good club), but now this series seems like the last glimmer of any type of hope.

I think if we lose the series, heads will finally roll...

(Although this series, Pitt and Philly were all pretty damn sad too)

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)
So, when this game inevitably ends in a loss we'd have to go, what, 66-26 the remainder of the season to have any chance of playoff contention?

Please, let the fire-sale begin sooner rather than later. If it takes a Cubs sweep to finally get everything in motion, then I'll accept it. It's becoming ridiculous watching this team lose day after day, series after series; with people on the team and on this board continuing to have hope.

I wonder if even jphat has hope.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
It would be swell if we just fired every coach in our system....the sooner the better. Jenks lack of velocity this far into the season is very disturbing.

this team has played bad, but the Jenks "velocity" thing is just dumb. Its been dumb for years.