When will this team win 10 games in a row?

sin city sox fan

When will this team catch fire?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. The Sox will win 10 games in a row......

• Starting this weekend against the Cubs
    • At the beginning of July
    • Mid to Late July
    • August - September
    • This team will be lucky to win 10 games total the rest of the season

Considering they went 20 years without a winning streak of longer than 8 games, and only got to 9 games last year (First time since the 80's), something tells me it's going to be a long, long time before the White Sox win 10 games in a row. One of the most dominant world series winning teams in recent years, wire-to-wire first place, best record in the league, 11-1 in the postseason, couldn't get past 8 game winning streaks.

are you serious, 10 in a row? i hate to be debbie downer, but they cant even win 2 in a row and you want 10. priceless. the firesale is coming after this cubs/sox series. they couldnt do it before this. we need middle infield prospect who are major league ready big time.

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)
are you serious, 10 in a row? i hate to be debbie downer, but they cant even win 2 in a row and you want 10. priceless. the firesale is coming after this cubs/sox series. they couldnt do it before this. we need middle infield prospect who are major league ready big time.

I think you are right on about the firesale trigger being the series this weekend. And it should be, unless you want to wait two weeks until the ASB and I'm sorry, as much as I always hold off until that date each year, if they tank this series I hardly think two weeks is going to mark any turnaround.

I mean, think about it: we just lost consecutive series to: the Phillies, the Pirates and FLORIDA. All NL teams!! One more NL team series loss and I think it's fair to say we're done.

Speaking of which, when WAS our last winning streak? I know we haven't had one this year and I remember noting all second half last year that we had none. I do not think we've had a streak of wins since 1st half 2006. Anybody know?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 11:44 AM)
I think you are right on about the firesale trigger being the series this weekend. And it should be, unless you want to wait two weeks until the ASB and I'm sorry, as much as I always hold off until that date each year, if they tank this series I hardly think two weeks is going to mark any turnaround.

I mean, think about it: we just lost consecutive series to: the Phillies, the Pirates and FLORIDA. All NL teams!! One more NL team series loss and I think it's fair to say we're done.

Speaking of which, when WAS our last winning streak? I know we haven't had one this year and I remember noting all second half last year that we had none. I do not think we've had a streak of wins since 1st half 2006. Anybody know?

What do you mean by streak? We had a 3 game streak in May and a 4 game streak in May as well. Are you looking for 5 games?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 11:44 AM)

The Sox haven't had a winning streak of more than one game in over a month. May 20-22 the Sox won 3 straight games. May also brought a 2 game and 4 game winning streak and April was home to a 2 game and 4 game as well.

The last win streak of 5 or more games was August 10-14 of last season anything longer than 5 and you have to go back to June 14-24 2006 when the Sox won 9 straight against terrible NL Central teams. That 9 game win streak last year was longer than any stretch of wins the Sox had all of 2005 though they did have 6 eight game winning streaks if you count the postseason.

Yeah I guess that sounds about right. 5 or more.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 11:53 AM)
The Sox haven't had a winning streak of more than one game in over a month. May 20-22 the Sox won 3 straight games. May also brought a 2 game and 4 game winning streak and April was home to a 2 game and 4 game as well.

The last win streak of 5 or more games was August 10-14 of last season anything longer than 5 and you have to go back to June 14-24 2006 when the Sox won 9 straight against terrible NL Central teams. That 9 game win streak last year was longer than any stretch of wins the Sox had all of 2005 though they did have 6 eight game winning streaks if you count the postseason.

There you go. That's what I thought. First half last season. Thanks.

Shoooooot...I'll take two 8-game streaks with a 2 or 3 game losing strake in the middle every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

And about the firesale...depends what you mean by firesale...I don't think Dye, Iguchi or Buehrle are going after this weekend, but some smaller pieces might. Does that constitute a firesale?

Sure. I think that the Cubs/Sox series is the line in the sand, and if it goes badly for us you're going to see immediate movement.

Whether it be Buehrle to the Mets (God I hope not) or something else, but there will be no more false hope or pretending that we're going to stay put.

Not only would that be our fourth consecutive series loss to an NL team, but to the CUBS no less and like it or not, that, symbolically, would be probably the final straw as far as KW is concerned (and Ozzie for that matter).

The only question mark to me is whether KW trades-to-save-the-season (which, really... is that even possible?) or literally writes off '07 with an eye towards '08.

That pains me greatly, BTW: to have to wait until spring training '08 to start feeling like we'll see what our chances are. It was such a long wait for '07 season to come (hell it always is, although the gap between '05 and '06 seemed shorter thanks to October ball).

I was optimistic after the first game against Florida, but after being at the game yesterday and just seeing this team play, I can no longer be optimistic at all. We really need to trade away as many players as we can, and get some new blood in here. This team is just really in a bad way right now, and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. One thing I do want in a bad way is URIBE OF THIS f***ING TEAM. I can't stand him, and I want him gone ASAP. He is a bum in the field and at the plate.

Edited by diegotony06

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
I was optimistic after the first game against Florida, but after being at the game yesterday and just seeing this team play, I can no longer be optimistic at all. We really need to trade away as many players as we can, and get some new blood in here. This team is just really in a bad way right now, and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. One thing I do want in a bad way is URIBE OF THIS f***ING TEAM. I can't stand him, and I want him gone ASAP. He is a bum in the field and at the plate.

Yea, after yesterday's game it is definitely time to get rid of some dead weight. Juan Uribe, although at times great on defense, should be gone. It would help the team so much more to get new middle infielders.

Bring on the young guys, at least they would be FUN to watch. Unlike this pile of crap.

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)

That SNL sketch would have been awesome if Jimmy Falloon weren't hell-bent on ruining it.

The Sox will next win 10 in a row ...

-- Before the Cubs win a World Championship.

-- Before the Royals win a World Championship.

-- Before Paris Hilton turns middle age.

But it won't be coming anytime soon.