Computer help

BobDylan

Okay, this problem is really getting on my nerves so I've brought it here to see if anyone has a solution or an idea.

I've got a Toshiba Satellite A105-s4064 notebook. Recently the left click on the touchpad has stopped working.

So far I've cracked the case open to check if a connection was loose and one is not. I also checked the drivers, updated and still no luck.

When I plug in a wireless mouse, both clicks work fine. The right click on the touchpad works great. The touchpad itself works great. Just the left click is essentially worthless right now.

Any ideas?

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 02:04 PM)
Okay, this problem is really getting on my nerves so I've brought it here to see if anyone has a solution or an idea.

I've got a Toshiba Satellite A105-s4064 notebook. Recently the left click on the touchpad has stopped working.

So far I've cracked the case open to check if a connection was loose and one is not. I also checked the drivers, updated and still no luck.

When I plug in a wireless mouse, both clicks work fine. The right click on the touchpad works great. The touchpad itself works great. Just the left click is essentially worthless right now.

Any ideas?

Its kind of a touchy issue.

It could be as easy as getting some compressed air and give it a twice over. Sometimes food or other items can get in there.

But with what you have tried and all it might be either the trackpad itself, the ribbon connection to the motherboard or the motherboard itself. Its hard to find field replacement units on the open market for the trackpad.

You are probably better off getting a wireless mouse and using that in the long run.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
It's the universe telling you that mice and trackpads are only supposed to have ONE button.

signed,

Mac Guy

:)

a good article about mac users

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

"I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on."

:P

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 06:07 PM)
a good article about mac users

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

"I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on."

:P

Ahh, a nice dose of Maddox to get the day started is better than a cup of coffee.