If Buehrle is traded.....

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 01:17 AM)
Im pretty sure I made it clear my feelings, you're post was pointless..

And you should be kidding me when the person who started this has Egbert listed as a person who could come in and pitch if Buehrle was dealt.. so yeah, rethink it

K, pointless or not, you saying that Egbert sucks because you think so is pretty pointless too. The guy has pretty solid peripherals and just flat out does not give up homers. Based on numbers, stuff, and comparable pitchers, it's pretty likely he'll be in the majors and that he'll be a solid pitcher. He'll never be a world beater, but he'll be solid.

And why not? I wouldn't guarantee anything, but I would figure that if Egbert came up now, he'd put up an ERA in the 5.00-5.50 range. The problem with bringing him up now is that the Sox may be able to get better production from a guy like Gavin Floyd whose ceiling is also higher; Egbert's ceiling is really not that high. I don't think the White Sox are particularly high on either Haeger or Phillips, Vladimir Nunez is a filler, and Broadway has been working on a 2-seamer all year. I imagine that if Floyd were to get hurt, someone like Egbert could very easily come up rather than any of the other 4.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
I do think hes a suckface who will never reach the majors, sorry, but thats just what I think.. and until he DOES reach the majors, I am correct

No, you're not. You say you think that as in a form of opinion, but you mean it as a fact. Okay, your arguement is really good. He is a suckface. And why again? You have not made one good point giving 1 reason why Egbert will not do good.

I think Egbert will be a 3-4 starter in the majors and have a solid career. And until he reaches the majors, I am correct. How do you like them apples?

QUOTE(Craig Grebeck @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 08:14 AM)
Eggy's top PECOTA comparable? Brandon Webb

And that's kinda my point. I don't for a second think that he's in the same class as Webb. But when you take a look at sinkerballers as a group, you still have trouble finding a player with the HR suppression skills of Egbert. He's somewhere between Webb and those three guys I listed yesterday, which (I think) puts him as a future 3-4..

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 01:17 AM)
Im pretty sure I made it clear my feelings, you're post was pointless..

And you should be kidding me when the person who started this has Egbert listed as a person who could come in and pitch if Buehrle was dealt.. so yeah, rethink it

You've made claer your feelings, but you haven't provided a single justification as to why you think he won't be any good or ever reach the majors, other than he's 24 and lighting it up in AA.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 02:34 AM)
No, you're not. You say you think that as in a form of opinion, but you mean it as a fact. Okay, your arguement is really good. He is a suckface. And why again? You have not made one good point giving 1 reason why Egbert will not do good.

I think Egbert will be a 3-4 starter in the majors and have a solid career. And until he reaches the majors, I am correct. How do you like them apples?

Hes either gonna make it or not, and right now he hasn't so like I said I am right.. so well see if he ever makes it or not, I dont have to justify anything other than the fact that I personally don't think he will ever make it as an MLB pitcher.. its just my personal opinion on him and the fact that most people on this board love him

As long as they are granny smith, I love them apples..

And wite, thats it, I want Huisman back now

Right now, all signs point to Gavin Floyd. However, I beleive Gio can fit into that role. I realize he is young, but shouldn't he be in AAA by now? he's got the talent to succeed in Charlotte.

As far as Egbert, all I'll say is that I have no idea what the organization thinks of him. I know some Zona scouts were impressed by him, but I have no idea what the Sox think. I'd like to see both him and Gio in AAA this year, but I'd be surprised if that happens.