Rescue Me

BobDylan

I know I'm not the only one out there that watches this show.

I'm behind on season four already (just sitting down to watch the season opener) but I really hope its better than season 3 because I was disappointed in it.

So, who watches the show? And if a lot of people do, consider this the official thread. :)

Finished with the first episode and am starting the second right now. I really liked the first one. It was very funny (was it me or was there hardly any humor in season 3?) and I find it interesting (albiet a bit predictable) that the story Leary made up for the lawyers was what actually happened.

And that "retard" got to level 60 in less than five hours? That's just plain impossible (since they were playing off of World of Warcraft.) And I was totally waiting for him to smash that computer open the way he was going at it.

So I'm the only one who thought season 3 was outstanding, possibly even better than the first 2? I too have been watching the show since the beginning since Denis Leary is by far my favorite all time comedian. I'm also one of 20 people who watched his other show, "The Job."

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 12:51 AM)
So I'm the only one who thought season 3 was outstanding, possibly even better than the first 2? I too have been watching the show since the beginning since Denis Leary is by far my favorite all time comedian. I'm also one of 20 people who watched his other show, "The Job."

I have The Job on DVD. :) I'm a big Leary fan too.

But my beef with Season 3 was that most of the elements that made the first two seasons were minimized. There weren't many funny scenes in the kitchen. There weren't very many scenes in the firehouse all together. They didn't have many blazing fires that damn near took lives. And sheila was just beyond annoying as was Garrity's (sp?) girlfriend.

I think the mistake was making a love triangle for Tommy. I was annoyed with Sheila from the very beginning, but I think it was a terrible move to introduce more problems with Janet on top of Sheila. They should've either dumped Sheila and brought us Janet and his brother or disregarded that whole conflict all together. Even writing that was difficult...I don't think I should ever have to watch a show and spend 10 minutes explaining who's with who and who's cheating on who, ever. That stuff is tired and old.

Right now in season four, the relationships only serve as background purposes to the main conflicts. Perhaps you can argue season 3 was needed to get where we are now...but there are other ways to get where we are now--and it doesn't have to involve tired relationship cliches.

I also think season 3 tried too hard to develop the characters around Tommy.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
Not sure what to say... took a rather drastic change. Oh and Jennifer Esposito is hottttt.

Oh, you know it.

Sort of expected that ending, though, I'm not sure why.

My question is, why was Ken looking at Tommy like that during the fight? Was it part of the act? Was he feeling something we don't know about?

QUOTE(lord chas @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
that was some ending tonight. dont want to spoil it for anyone but any theories on that last scene but the obvious?

I think he's too proud to actually do it. Could be wrong though.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
I think he's too proud to actually do it. Could be wrong though.

I don't know if any of you saw the article in the papers - apparently the actor who plays the chief wasn't thrilled about the ending - he made some comments that Leary is really an ass.

I can't belive they killed off one of the few believable characters in the show - most of the rest of them are a bunch of retards.

I can't believe anyone could be as shallow as Leary's character. As we used to say he would screw a snake if someone held its head.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
I don't know if any of you saw the article in the papers - apparently the actor who plays the chief wasn't thrilled about the ending - he made some comments that Leary is really an ass.

I can't belive they killed off one of the few believable characters in the show - most of the rest of them are a bunch of retards.

I can't believe anyone could be as shallow as Leary's character. As we used to say he would screw a snake if someone held its head.

His character tries too hard to be a "man's man" and sometimes it gets on my nerves. The highlights of the show, for me, isn't in the drama. It's in the jokes.

And I sincerely believe that Denis Leary is an asshole in real life, too.

But I will say that Ken is a believeable character. He's easily the funniest character on the show.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 12:10 AM)
Oh, you know it.

Sort of expected that ending, though, I'm not sure why.

My question is, why was Ken looking at Tommy like that during the fight? Was it part of the act? Was he feeling something we don't know about?

I can only guess is the way he realized Tommy's daughter was acting(or not acting) to seeing her father getting beat up. Their plan back fired and he saw that Tommy was taking a dive for nothing since she was all like, "Don't break your hand!" or along those lines.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
I can only guess is the way he realized Tommy's daughter was acting(or not acting) to seeing her father getting beat up. Their plan back fired and he saw that Tommy was taking a dive for nothing since she was all like, "Don't break your hand!" or along those lines.

That's what I figure too. I just hope Tommy goes back and kicks the s*** out of that punk. He was slapping Tommy!

Something is going down with that girl and I guarantee it brings her back home.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
That's what I figure too. I just hope Tommy goes back and kicks the s*** out of that punk. He was slapping Tommy!

Something is going down with that girl and I guarantee it brings her back home.

Yea it wasn't even a fight... all that punk did was throw him around a little with a slap here n' there. My favorite part of that whole situation was when his daughter came out in her undies and he told Garrity he better not put her in his spank bank.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
My favorite part of that whole situation was when his daughter came out in her undies and he told Garrity he better not put her in his spank bank.

Oh man, that was f'n hilarious. Stuff like that is why I love this show. As for the Chief, the whole way that last scene played out, I could just tell what was going to happen, but I was praying it wouldn't...