Trade Loaiza

Soxplosion

Yes, yes, yes. I know. I have no credibility. I am insane. I should be castrated with laser technology and shot with a double barrel shotgun. Well save it.

This post is not an angry post. I have nothing against Loaiza. I love what hes done for this team this year. But more can be had by trading him while his value is high. If you wait and he comes back to earth, you just lost a great opportunity to pick up loads of talent. So lets trade him while we can. As Brutus said in the famous Shakespearean play "Julius Caesar", "its not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more". Well, its not that I love Loaiza less, but that I love the Sox more. Heres my proposed trade, actually, two trades:

TRADE #1

ChiSox get:

Todd Walker

Anton French

BoSox get:

Esteban Loaiza

Joe Borchard

TRADE #2

ChiSox get:

Kris Benson

Pirates get:

D'angelo Jiminez

In trade number one, Boston gets Loaiza. This finishes a decent but not great Boston rotation. They also get Joe Borchard, who we of course all know as a very talented young outfielder. We get Todd Walker. Walker gives us a good defensive second baseman. Hes also a lefty with decent power. Then we get Anton French. French is a natural CF, and he has speed and good BA. The perfect leadoff man. Ill go over to espn to try to find out more about him.

In trade number two, the Pirates get Jiminez. They have no second baseman. Jeff Reboulets holding it up for crying out loud. Jiminez, even tho he has some defensive flaws, will take over there (he is, afterall, better than what they have) and provide them with a leadoff hitter after Lofton leaves. We get Kris Benson. A young and talented pitcher whos been struggling and hit by injury, but he has been and should be good.

Maybe trade number two needs some help tho, so please, if you have any suggestions, take a shot. But no angry posts please, I have tried to be completely logical. I just think so much good could come from trading Loaiza...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You talk about trading Loaiza, and your second trade doesn't even involve him. What about Loaiza and Rios for Trot Nixon. You can move Mags to CF, and Nixon would add a lefthanded bat. There is no way you'll get alot of Loaiza even with what he has done this season.

Yes, yes, yes. I know. I have no credibility. I am insane. I should be castrated with laser technology and shot with a double barrel shotgun. Well save it.

This post is not an angry post. I have nothing against Loaiza. I love what hes done for this team this year. But more can be had by trading him while his value is high. If you wait and he comes back to earth, you just lost a great opportunity to pick up loads of talent. So lets trade him while we can. As Brutus said in the famous Shakespearean play "Julius Caesar", "its not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more". Well, its not that I love Loaiza less, but that I love the Sox more. Heres my proposed trade, actually, two trades:

TRADE #1

ChiSox get:

Todd Walker

Anton French

BoSox get:

Esteban Loaiza

Joe Borchard

TRADE #2

ChiSox get:

Kris Benson

Pirates get:

D'angelo Jiminez

In trade number one, Boston gets Loaiza. This finishes a decent but not great Boston rotation. They also get Joe Borchard, who we of course all know as a very talented young outfielder. We get Todd Walker. Walker gives us a good defensive second baseman. Hes also a lefty with decent power. Then we get Anton French. French is a natural CF, and he has speed and good BA. The perfect leadoff man. Ill go over to espn to try to find out more about him.

In trade number two, the Pirates get Jiminez. They have no second baseman. Jeff Reboulets holding it up for crying out loud. Jiminez, even tho he has some defensive flaws, will take over there (he is, afterall, better than what they have) and provide them with a leadoff hitter after Lofton leaves. We get Kris Benson. A young and talented pitcher whos been struggling and hit by injury, but he has been and should be good.

Maybe trade number two needs some help tho, so please, if you have any suggestions, take a shot. But no angry posts please, I have tried to be completely logical. I just think so much good could come from trading Loaiza...

If we give up Borchard too we better get Shoppach, Nixon, and Sanchez for that deal.

Benson? No thanks. They can keep him.

CWSOX45

SuperSteve, I like your idea. The second trade was just to replace Loaiza and move DJ, who with Walker would just be an extra.

I didnt know Nixon was LH. Can he play center? If he can that would be the perfect trade. Maggs just isnt a natural CF. Im sure he could play there but the D would be better if we had a natural CF in center...

Yeah, Trot Nixon is lefthanded. I don't think he could play CF, though. I would be more comfortable with Mags in CF than Trot. And about defense, we obviously take offense over defense. We could get someone in the offseason for everyday CF next year, but I think he could work for this year.

While we're all still hatin' on D'Angelo (still like 3rd on the team in OBP), WHO THE f*** PLAYS SECOND BASE?

And please, don't say Aaron Miles because if you still don't get it, check out his walks/at bats.

Umm, MM, Walker is a second baseman. If it was by my idea, Walker would play second. If by SuperSteves, the DJ trade doesnt happen and he still plays second. The only problem with SuperSteve is we lose a starter that way. By mine, we get a starter cheap to replace Loaiza and we arent missing anyone. By SuperSteves, we dont have anyone to replace Loaiza and were missing our fourth starter. No one in the minors is ready to come up yet, so thats the only problem with his plan... :huh:

And I didnt get anything back on French, but someone asked if Buehrle was available. Any ideas?

Yeah, Trot Nixon is lefthanded. I don't think he could play CF, though. I would be more comfortable with Mags in CF than Trot. And about defense, we obviously take offense over defense. We could get someone in the offseason for everyday CF next year, but I think he could work for this year.

Jiminez 2B

Nixon RF

Thomas 1B

Ordonez CF

Lee LF

Valentin SS

Crede 3B

Daubach/Konerko DH

Olivo C

Sounds good to me but what about pitching?

Buehrle

Colon

Garland

Wright

??

That may the worst trade idea that I have ever seen. I wouldnt trade Borchard alone for those two.

I know, right? LOL

(Incidenally, I think it's time people stopped gushing about how great Alex Sanchez and Fossum are, k? They will be solid, but I don't see the AS talent in either)

While we're all still hatin' on D'Angelo (still like 3rd on the team in OBP), WHO THE f*** PLAYS SECOND BASE?

And please, don't say Aaron Miles because if you still don't get it, check out his walks/at bats.

Umm, MM, Walker is a second baseman. If it was by my idea, Walker would play second. If by SuperSteves, the DJ trade doesnt happen and he still plays second. The only problem with SuperSteve is we lose a starter that way. By mine, we get a starter cheap to replace Loaiza and we arent missing anyone. By SuperSteves, we dont have anyone to replace Loaiza and were missing our fourth starter. No one in the minors is ready to come up yet, so thats the only problem with his plan... :huh:

And I didnt get anything back on French, but someone asked if Buehrle was available. Any ideas?

Oh, I thought that trade was a joke... Loaiza and Borchard for pennies? :huh:

All right, dude.

I know, right?  LOL

(Incidenally, I think it's time people stopped gushing about how great Alex Sanchez and Fossum are, k?  They will be solid, but I don't see the AS talent in either)

Alex Sanchez, u mean Freddy? You were close enough tho.

CWSOX45

Jiminez 2B

Nixon RF

Thomas 1B

Ordonez CF

Lee LF

Valentin SS

Crede 3B

Daubach/Konerko DH

Olivo C

Sounds good to me but what about pitching?

Buehrle

Colon

Garland

Wright

??

The only change in our line-up is Nixon, and we don't even get the lead-off hitter we need so badly. Our starting rotation is actually worse off than it started. We're trying to contend here Roman, not deal away an ace and a potential all-star.

CWSOX45

Fossum is on DL, don't know when he come off. The pitcher not have to be from the Red Sox. What about bringing Sterling Hitchcock, only if Yanks pay much of his $$, or Weaver? What about one of the young Padres pitchers: Eaton, Peavy, or even Lawrence?

Fossum is on DL, don't know when he come off. The pitcher not have to be from the Red Sox. What about bringing Sterling Hitchcock, only if Yanks pay much of his $$, or Weaver? What about one of the young Padres pitchers: Eaton, Peavy, or even Lawrence?

Hitchcock would be okay, we don't need anymore young pitchers over here.

I'd prefer Ponson if we're going to add a starter.

CWSOX45

No, we still keep Borchard. That lineup would be the result of Nixon for Loaiza and Rios, not Borchard. Thats why at first I was aiming at French. Because French is Luis Castillo in CF. Speed and BA, he may not be ready yet but hes a good leadoff prospect...

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd perfer Ponson too. But, it seems the O's are asking way too much for Sidney. Everyone is saying how Loaiza's season may be a fluke. I remember seeing Ponson struggle for so long. Ponson would be a great number 3 starter.

Leadoff hitter...our answer is Luis Castillo and we all know that.

I don't know his contract situ, but I'll wager he will be asking for 7-8 Mill a pop. As a sub-700 career OPS hitter coming into this season, this dude has no power/RBI-driveability; he gets caught stealing too much to be called a greta BR'er and his defense is mediocre...The add the switch to the new league and the1st year struggles that are sure to follow...

I'd rather keep Harris/Jimenez who are 3 years younger and have better hitting potential while making league minimum than to pay so much for Castillo.

I want Ichiro for that money and I want him NOW! :lol: