Trade Loaiza

Soxplosion

Guest hotsoxchick1
I don't remember what the 10/5 rule is. It's either 10 years in the league and 5 with the same team, or 10 years in the league OR 5 with the same team.  I am leaning towards the former, so I don't think he could veto a trade.

arent those the same thing.. 10 years and 5 with the same team????..... you stated that twice or am i reading that wrong.............its 10 years in the league and 5 with the same team......robbie no longer has that option....but its what is in his contract that counts.. funny thing some players actually put in there where they wont go and where they will be willing to go.... ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

arent those the same thing.. 10 years and 5 with the same team????..... you stated that twice or am i reading that wrong.............its 10 years in the league and 5 with the same team......robbie no longer has that option....but its what is in his contract that counts.. funny thing some players actually put in there where they wont go and where they will be willing to go.... ;)

Yeah, if it's 10 AND 5 instead of 10 OR 5, he's SOL, unless he has a limited no-trade clause, which like you said a lot of players have in which they list a few teams that they would accept a trade to (typically these teams are either contending teams or teams that are geographically attractive to the player).

Its 10 in the league but at least 5 with the same team.

If you're trading the BEST starting pitcher in the major leagues, you better ask for more than Todd Walker and a crappy outfielder.

If I'm trading E-Lo to the BoSox, I'm asking for Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, and at least two other prospects.

Anton French is going to be good, cerb. And since we have no true CF, why dont we trade an overachieving starter for him and a decent secondbaseman, which is another position were weak at? It sounds good to me. Loaiza is an overachiever this year. Im glad hes doing so but hes going to come back to earth sooner or later...

Give me a break, French is garbage. His K:BB ratio is atrocious for a "lead-off man", and his OBP is merely mediocre for AAA. Also, he's 27 freaking years old.

You're insane in you'd do that trade. Again, I'm asking for Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, as well as two other prospects for Loaiza.

Hanley Ramirez is a potential five-tool shortstop who has a huge ceiling to grow. COuld be risky, but definetly worth it; rated better than B.J. Upton. Has some disciplinary issues.

Kevin Youkilis is a walk machine. As Paul DePodesta put it, he is Ecuilis, the Greek God of walks. Right now he is hitting .296 with a .470+ OBP. He has 61 walks in 223 ABs, only 33 SO.

If you're trading the BEST starting pitcher in the major leagues, you better ask for more than Todd Walker and a crappy outfielder.

If I'm trading E-Lo to the BoSox, I'm asking for Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, and at least two other prospects.

Anton French is going to be good, cerb. And since we have no true CF, why dont we trade an overachieving starter for him and a decent secondbaseman, which is another position were weak at? It sounds good to me. Loaiza is an overachiever this year. Im glad hes doing so but hes going to come back to earth sooner or later...

Give me a break, French is garbage. His K:BB ratio is atrocious for a "lead-off man", and his OBP is merely mediocre for AAA. Also, he's 27 freaking years old.

You're insane in you'd do that trade. Again, I'm asking for Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, as well as two other prospects for Loaiza.

You're right. Everyone wants Youkilis, many refer to him as the "God of walks." I don't think the Red Sox are interested in moving him though.

CWSOX45

Yes, yes, yes. I know. I have no credibility. I am insane. I should be castrated with laser technology and shot with a double barrel shotgun. Well save it.

This post is not an angry post. I have nothing against Loaiza. I love what hes done for this team this year. But more can be had by trading him while his value is high. If you wait and he comes back to earth, you just lost a great opportunity to pick up loads of talent. So lets trade him while we can. As Brutus said in the famous Shakespearean play "Julius Caesar", "its not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more". Well, its not that I love Loaiza less, but that I love the Sox more. Heres my proposed trade, actually, two trades:

TRADE #1

ChiSox get:

Todd Walker

Anton French

BoSox get:

Esteban Loaiza

Joe Borchard

TRADE #2

ChiSox get:

Kris Benson

Pirates get:

D'angelo Jiminez

In trade number one, Boston gets Loaiza. This finishes a decent but not great Boston rotation. They also get Joe Borchard, who we of course all know as a very talented young outfielder. We get Todd Walker. Walker gives us a good defensive second baseman. Hes also a lefty with decent power. Then we get Anton French. French is a natural CF, and he has speed and good BA. The perfect leadoff man. Ill go over to espn to try to find out more about him.

In trade number two, the Pirates get Jiminez. They have no second baseman. Jeff Reboulets holding it up for crying out loud. Jiminez, even tho he has some defensive flaws, will take over there (he is, afterall, better than what they have) and provide them with a leadoff hitter after Lofton leaves. We get Kris Benson. A young and talented pitcher whos been struggling and hit by injury, but he has been and should be good.

Maybe trade number two needs some help tho, so please, if you have any suggestions, take a shot. But no angry posts please, I have tried to be completely logical. I just think so much good could come from trading Loaiza...

You suck Roman. The Sox have a team option on him for next year and he's cheap. Keep him! And i dont want our gm making any trades unless we have to especially since you and KW think alike at times.

You suck Roman. The Sox have a team option on him for next year and he's cheap. Keep him! And i dont want our gm making any trades unless we have to especially since you and KW think alike at times.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since we won the last 6 out of 8 series and tied the 7th, let's trade away our best pitcher

:lolhitting

We could get so much more than we have by trading him. Hes going to come down sooner or later so lets trade him while he has some value...

Keep dreaming that a MLB team out there is going to mortgage their farm system for Loaiza's services :rolleyes: . Only one GM would consider doing that and he already has Loaiza on his roster.

And speaking of his value, it's doubtful that Loaiza or any other pitcher for that matter is going to put up numbers like Loaiza has during the first half of '03..... so if his second half is near .500 with a 3 or 4 ERA don't come screaming to these boards, "I told you so," because it doesn't mean s***. He got it done for us in the first half of '03 when no one else we had could. And, if by some hellified pitching, Loaiza is able to win 11 or 12 more in the second half, you'd be advocating trading away an AL Cy Young Award shoo-in.

Roman you are not the devil, but why not just enjoy the players who are producing?

And how do you feel about Mark B now?

I haven't seen all your posts. You been giving him some kudos?

Roman smell the roses. We're winning.

Keep Esteban and enjoy his magical season.

I can't see giving up on E-Lo. Didn't he add a pitch this year? He m,ay just be a late bloomer capable of 15 wins for the enxt couple of years. I would really like to see Mark, Bart, and E-Lo for the next 3-4 years.