6/23 Games (Poreda does alright)

Heads22

Encouraging work from Richar and Poreda. I'd hope Poreda is at least in A ball by the end of the year, if not high A. And Richar played SS in game 2, I'd love to see him there everyday and up here in September in Uribe's spot if he does well. Just my 0.02 though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Just got back from the game.

Sico looked okay. Constant 90-92 on the gun at the Park. Featuring about 80% FB. When he reered back and cut them loose at 94-93 he missed location badly. But between 90-92 Wiki didnt have to move his mit at all. His breaking ball got hit hard, very hard...up up in the zone with no break. Threw a nice slider but never really went back to it, losts of bad swing and misses on it. Threw some fantastic Santana type change ups way done in the zone with tons of movement at 74 mph for very pretty strikeouts, wondered out loud why he did not throw them more. Once he started to get hit hard he got rattled but settled okay. Threw harder then it looked. Broke 3 bats. Could be a very good sp with more location and development of breaking pitches.

Sierra is terrible. 94 down the pipe all the time.

Richar looks to be a nice prospect. Very nice short quick stroke up the middle. Not pull happy. Goes with the pitch as evidence of fantastic hit down the third base line on a pitch on the corner. Solid hits up the middle but onlyl one went through. Looks smaller then listed but nice strong upper body. Hits the ball very hard. Very quick on the basepaths. Needs major work on his jumps. Got a slow jump on way to steal 2nd...stopped hitched then ran and still stole it. In the field he is very quick but made a stupid mistake that should have been an error. Maybe they didnt because of the hop but ranges very far to his left on a hard hit ball got caught in between and tried to back hand the grab when all he needed was to scoop and he muffed it. I was suprised he got there. Didnt get to see his arm.

Sweeney looked bad in CF. Does not look natural at all. Could have been an off day but was bailed out by Owens twice and deep hits. Gets bad jumps, plays the bouncers to him slow, but he does glide effortlessy on the track down. His arm is fantastic. When he threw him out at home he only had 3/4s to go.

Wiki has a cannon behind the plate. Sucks he cant hit.

K. Perez has some nice pop in his bat.

Rogo looks like he should be cut. such a pity.

Owens is pouting and looked awful at the plate.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
How did this douchebag get a promotion?

I've never heard a single good thing about him besides "he throws hard" and he doesn't have good numbers/results.

Because God apparently hates Ryan Wing.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
Encouraging work from Richar and Poreda. I'd hope Poreda is at least in A ball by the end of the year, if not high A. And Richar played SS in game 2, I'd love to see him there everyday and up here in September in Uribe's spot if he does well. Just my 0.02 though.

Not unless he imporves a ton defensively.

Best case scenario is he ends up a starting 2nd baseman IMHO.

I would like to see him stick with it. Maybe they can hire an instructor of sorts to work with him. He defintely looked a little cold at the position. He played 2b the first game then SS the second.

I really like his field speed and range. He would be an ideal SS if he gets past the silly over thinking mistakes. It is just not a natural reaction for him yet.

But he has a real nice bat, works the count well, see's a lot of pitches, and doesnt do a whole lot of hacking and missing.