White Sox vs. Cubs, 6/24/07 (L)

The Bones

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
And yet 2 weeks ago when I said that the Sox are dumb for swinging 2-0, people laughed at me.

I don't recall saying 2-0 is dumb to swing at, because it's a good pitch to hit most of the time. But to our hitters, a good pitch to hit is usually fouled off or popped up.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
I don't recall saying 2-0 is dumb to swing at, because it's a good pitch to hit most of the time. But to our hitters, a good pitch to hit is usually fouled off or popped up.

2-0 is the best pitch to hit....the hitters just suck this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Would you agree that Logan's loogy ability might be the best thing we've seen from the team this year?

That and Josh Fields uncanny ability to miss every fastball by 3-4 inches.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Would you agree that Logan's loogy ability might be the best thing we've seen from the team this year?

He's been an incredibly pleasant surprise, that's for sure. One of only a couple.

Oh, BTW, I found out that Anderson got pulled last time due to a concussion. He's back in the lineup today, however, in CF, and he has a couple of singles. I'm watching the game hoping that Richar might get pulled.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I said that I said it's dumb to swing 2-0. I didn't say that you said it's dumb to swing 2-0

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
I think Andy Gonzalez may have taken over as my most hated Sox player. Dude is everywhere when in reality he should be no where.

For some reason, Ozzie thinks that this turd shines up like gold. Ozzie has a max effort not so talented guy that he always has to put in the lineup. Andy is it when Ozuna went down.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
I said that I said it's dumb to swing 2-0. I didn't say that you said it's dumb to swing 2-0

95% of the time you're getting a fastball over the plate on 2-0 it's usually the best pitch to hit in the sequence.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
That and Josh Fields uncanny ability to miss every fastball by 3-4 inches.

This is the reason our prospects come up here and die. Somewhere in the minors, they were permitted to keep a long and looping swing. In the minors, is where it should be broken down, and retaught to be a line drive major league swing.