White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 6/25/07 (W)

Balance

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:43 PM)
If Terrero and Fields play everyday the rest of the year, and Paulie and Thome do their thing, the Sox should at least come close to the franchise record for ks in a season.

Didn't seem to hurt the Tigers too much last season...

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:44 PM)
Didn't seem to hurt the Tigers too much last season...

They hit a little higher than .230 as a team, and got on base a little more, and ran a little better and had a decent bullpen and...............................................

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 04:31 PM)
As Thome's #2 fan on the site I'll answer this question. If someone is willing to give up 2 big time prospects, I mean 1 of them would have to be a major league ready position player with HUGE upside and the other a very highly touted but maybe not quite as polished player as well as an A baller or 2 I'd pull the trigger.

Would Earvin Santana and Brandon Wood meet that description (albeit Wood's status has dropped off a bit). Or maybe Howie Kendrick and prospects?

Well, I'm working on signing 3 players for the White Sox in China.

If KW or Laumann doesn't listen to me, I'll send them the Royals' way. LOL.

Actually, the Yankees signed the first two last week, and the Red Sox and Dodgers are already making inroads as well here.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
Well, I'm working on signing 3 players for the White Sox in China.

If KW or Laumann doesn't listen to me, I'll send them the Royals' way. LOL.

Actually, the Yankees signed the first two last week, and the Red Sox and Dodgers are already making inroads as well here.

Are you serious? You working on becoming an agent?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's worthless against LHP....Santo = dorf, if you're reading this, what would you think about trading Thome?

No chance. I think Thome can help mentor the young hitters with their swings, much more than Walker.

Every team needs cornerstone players. You just don't trade guys because you know they're good and the team isn't.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:49 PM)
Are you serious? You working on becoming an agent?

Not really. However, I did apply for the MLB Envoy Coaching program and have been talking to someone in the MLB offices in NYC.

They are close to opening an office in Beijing, but I am in Wuhan.

I was in Colombia, South America, teaching last year and didn't find anyone worth signing in the games I watched in Cartagena, Santa Marta and Barranquilla. I did talk to Renteria's brother on the phone a bunch, and Orlando Cabrera is from there as well.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
Not really. However, I did apply for the MLB Envoy Coaching program and have been talking to someone in the MLB offices in NYC.

They are close to opening an office in Beijing, but I am in Wuhan.

I was in Colombia, South America, teaching last year and didn't find anyone worth signing in the games I watched in Cartagena, Santa Marta and Barranquilla. I did talk to Renteria's brother on the phone a bunch, and Orlando Cabrera is from there as well.

Thats really awesome. Good luck to you.

2-0 on the slow bloop down the line.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
k,k,k

racist.gif

jesse_jackson(001).jpg

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is it when the other team does it, its a duckfart, but if it were Erstad, he tries to do it?

Because Erstad is just "a baseball player." The other 599 guys in the league are actually doctors, lawyers, and teachers

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:54 PM)
Thats really awesome. Good luck to you.

2-0 on the slow roller down the line.

I have an MS in Sports Management and worked for the Augusta GreenJackets (we were w/ the Pirates at the time) two seasons, but I've only coached high school soccer, volleyball and basketball, so I don't think I will be selected.

However, with the Olympics in Beijing in 2008 (along with baseball) and the very real possibility of exhibition games in Beijing and Tianjin next February or March, I think maybe I will take the "translator/marketing/promotions" angle and pitch it to them more from an administrative than coaching standpoint, as that's more my background.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
Would Earvin Santana and Brandon Wood meet that description (albeit Wood's status has dropped off a bit). Or maybe Howie Kendrick and prospects?

I still really like Brandon Wood even if he has struggled a bit this season, that power potential is still very much there. Wood, Another Young player, Jose Arredondo, and Hank Conger would do it for sure.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
racist.gif

jesse_jackson(001).jpg

Because Erstad is just "a baseball player." The other 599 guys in the league are actually doctors, lawyers, and teachers

LMAO. I can't stop staring/laughing at your sig. Who is that?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
I still really like Brandon Wood even if he has struggled a bit this season, that power potential is still very much there. Wood, Another Young player, Jose Arredondo, and Hank Conger would do it for sure.

s***...I'd be stoked with Wood and Adenhart. Both are high upside but neither is guaranteed success (than again who is).