Tank ... TANKED!!!

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
This is just a guess but sicne they had to take blood I'm guessing he refused to blow. That in itself make himself look guilty of something and probably a big factor in why they said adios.

You know me and normally I would be up to no good being out at 3am also.. but these days.. when the mood strikes for a Klondike bar, one must go get a Klondike bar. :lolhitting

DUI law is a tangled, weird mess, at least in the states I am familiar with (AZ is not among them). If you refuse a breath test, in some cases, you can then be arrested for refusing. The BAC test, though, I believe is also voluntary. So I kind of doubt he refused the breath test, but then volunteered for the BAC - that would be strange. Not impossible, but strange.

Anyway, I agree with the Bears' decision. This was his chance, and he blew it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
This is just a guess but sicne they had to take blood I'm guessing he refused to blow. That in itself make himself look guilty of something and probably a big factor in why they said adios.

You know me and normally I would be up to no good being out at 3am also.. but these days.. when the mood strikes for a Klondike bar, one must go get a Klondike bar. :lolhitting

I think I read somewhere where it is the officer's decision as to what test be given. Maybe he thought Tank had been hitting the ganja.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
I think I read somewhere where it is the officer's decision as to what test be given. Maybe he thought Tank had been hitting the ganja.

That's appears to be the front running rumor.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
I had no idea. Congratulations! :cheers (

Thanks Milkman. I'll have some Rootbeer. ;) :cheers

I was talking with a Gurnee police man I know, and he was telling me there were other small encounters with cops that were never made public and he was actually always cooperative. Nothing huge, mostly speeding stuff.

Told me he hangs out with 2 other players a lot and are surprised they haven't gotten in trouble yet.

Said he is the type of guys who just always gets caught. Some people drive on suspended liscense or months or years and are never caught but seemed he always got caught when he did it.

I think its being really naive to think there's the slightest possibility that Tank's blood test will be negative. The Bears have more info than any of us, and they stood behind him when a SWAT team surrounded his house. They aren't going to release him for going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
I think its being really naive to think there's the slightest possibility that Tank's blood test will be negative. The Bears have more info than any of us, and they stood behind him when a SWAT team surrounded his house. They aren't going to release him for going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.

tank was under the legal limit.... his BAC was .072 which is just under the legal limit of .08......so tank did not break the law....

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
I think its being really naive to think there's the slightest possibility that Tank's blood test will be negative.

Well, it wasn't negative but it was under the limit. So, count me among the naïve I guess.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
tank was under the legal limit.... his BAC was .072 which is just under the legal limit of .08......so tank did not break the law....

He may have been legal but he's still stupid. Going 40 in a 25 at 3:30 am and only .008 from being drunk, after all he's just been through. Probably a half a beer from being in a lot of trouble. Don't worry, Tank will hook up with another team and find his way to legal problems again.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
He may have been legal but he's still stupid. Going 40 in a 25 at 3:30 am and only .008 from being drunk, after all he's just been through. Probably a half a beer from being in a lot of trouble. Don't worry, Tank will hook up with another team and find his way to legal problems again.

With a guy that big, he had to had several drinks to blow even that close to the legal limit. As much as I have done the same thing, when you just spent time in the clink, and are walking a tight rope with your team, you stay the hell away from anything but your house, and the TIVO

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 08:03 PM)
Since there is no DUI, I'll put the over/under at the end of the week for how long it takes to see the obligatory "the Bears were racist and judgemental to release Tank" column(s).

After the orgy of self-righteousness most of the columnists went on when he was cut? That'd be a tough transition.