Chris Benoit...

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From ABC News :crying

Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

Just b/c they were found in 3 different rooms doesn't mean Chris or his wife did it. It's possible the killer broke in quietly, killed the wife, snuck up behind Chris and killed him, then maybe went up (or down) and killed the son :huh :crying

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:58 AM)
Just b/c they were found in 3 different rooms doesn't mean Chris or his wife did it. It's possible the killer broke in quietly, killed the wife, snuck up behind Chris and killed him, then maybe went up (or down) and killed the son :huh :crying

When the sheriff says that they're not pursuing anyone in this case, I'd imagine the evidence is overwhelming that someone in the house is responsible.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From ABC News :crying

Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

I wonder what those were...

A report on msn.com says that it is believed that Benoit killed Nancy and his son over the weekend, made the call to WWE on Sunday about the emergency, than took his own life last night or this morning.

Unreal.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
Reports out of Atlanta now are that it's being investigated as a murder-suicide, with Benoit killing his wife last night, and then taking his own life today. I pray this isn't true.

Me too but it is not looking good at this point :unsure:

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
A report on msn.com says that it is believed that Benoit killed Nancy and his son over the weekend, made the call to WWE on Sunday about the emergency, than took his own life last night or this morning.

Unreal.

Was he really that bats*** crazy?

WTF.

How could nobody know that he'd be wanting to do that kind of s***?

This is...this...I'm numb.

WWE.com confirms that it has been ruled that it was a double murder-suicide from within the home.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 05:12 AM)
Maybe severe depression brought on by steroid use? It has been known to happen. :huh:

WWE does test for steroids. I'm no familar with the extent of these tests, so I guess it could be a possibility. I just wanted to go back to a quote from a fellow wrestler of his posted even before anyone knew it was a murder/suicide.

"He never complained about sh-- (in his personal life), but lately it always looked like something wasn't setting right with him inside, like something was eating at him."

Whole thing just seems odd.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
Possibly. Pray for Benoit and family :pray :pray

Maybe he just wanted to be with Eddie in heaven. Well, if that was it, he got his wish :crying

IF and I say IF the reports are true he does not have to worry about seeing EG.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IF and I say IF the reports are true he does not have to worry about seeing EG.

Ahh yes, that's right. If everything goes bad with a person, I don't get why they have to take other people's lives. He could of took a leave of abscense from the WWE (if they have that there), and got things straight. :huh :crying :pray

I wonder how Rey is, with his injury, and now Benoit goin' down. After Benoit and EG died, his 2 "best friends" are gone. Jeeze, I hope he doesn't hurt himself

Edited by briguy27