Chris Benoit...

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 04:34 AM)
Ahh yes, that's right. If everything goes bad with a person, I don't get why they have to take other people's lives. He could of took a leave of abscense from the WWE (if they have that there), and got things straight. :huh :crying :pray

Sadly, things aren't that simple for people, especially if depression is involved (I've heard just horrific stories about people being shells of their former selves).

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 25, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
Ahh yes, that's right. If everything goes bad with a person, I don't get why they have to take other people's lives. He could of took a leave of abscense from the WWE (if they have that there), and got things straight. :huh :crying :pray

I wonder how Rey is, with his injury, and now Benoit goin' down. After Benoit and EG died, his 2 "best friends" are gone. Jeeze, I hope he doesn't hurt himself

Uh, with the talent thin, being drafted as the main eventer on a new program and a feud being built between you and the top babyface of the company -- I doubt months off would have been in the books.

In other news...

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the living room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, according to an unnamed source in the department.

WHY?!?!

What is the deal with every headliner ECW gets ............RVD drugs, Angle gets hurt leaves for TNA, Big Show leaves WWE, Now Benoit Dead. The top dog sure last a short time so far!

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today. This story is making its way out through the AP news wire and FOX News.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the living room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, according to an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

Edited by Soxfest

Georgia police. The Assistant District Attorney. Can't find the exact quote, Mr. > but it was basically, "The details of this are going to be very bizarre," from the assistant DA and yes, from a good Atlanta source.

Also, this is leaking around:

This is one persons report from TMZ, so it could be false considering the source...

464. My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chirs Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room appearantly suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a seperate relationship), and his fans. He the fasioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the ballaster in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.

Doesn't quite explain why he wasn't at Saturday's show, trhough.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)
Georgia police. The Assistant District Attorney. Can't find the exact quote, Mr. > but it was basically, "The details of this are going to be very bizarre," from the assistant DA and yes, from a good Atlanta source.

This is one persons report from TMZ, so it could be false considering the source...

464. My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chirs Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room appearantly suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a seperate relationship), and his fans. He the fasioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the ballaster in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.

Doesn't quite explain why he wasn't at Saturday's show, trhough.

They said that he was found in the weight room though, at least thats what official reports were

That does make sense though and would explain the reports that he had a family emergency that he had to take care of..

Would also explain the bizarreness of the situation

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:46 AM)
Benoit, according to WWE.com now, sent weird text messages to the WWE on Saturday. No word on what they were.

Until further information comes out, I am believing that she killed their son and Benoit came home and just lost it.. I just cant make myself believe that Benoit would just kill his family for no reason and then kill himself after thinking about it over the weekend..

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:57 AM)
I could be wrong, but didn't only Meltzer say that?

I don't know if this is from the same person you are talking about, but here is what it said..

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the living room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, accordig t an unnamed source in the department.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:33 AM)

Doesn't quite explain why he wasn't at Saturday's show, though.

This story is so sad I hope he did not kill his 7 yr old or wife for that matter. I am witholding any judgement until ALL facts are in.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 01:09 AM)
This story is so sad I hope he did not kill his 7 yr old or wife for that matter. I am witholding any judgement until ALL facts are in.

Thats exactly what I am doing..

There is just no way I believe that he killed his wife and son on consecutive days and then himself earlier today.. There has to be more to it all, and there is but they just aren't allowed to release the information yet..

If all of this is true would they put a hold on doing any more tributes?

I'm sure they already feel a little strange if they dedicated a 3-hour show to a guy who it turns out may have murdered his family...It's a sticky situation for sure....

QUOTE(Cali @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 07:24 AM)
If all of this is true would they put a hold on doing any more tributes?

I'm sure they already feel a little strange if they dedicated a 3-hour show to a guy who it turns out may have murdered his family...It's a sticky situation for sure....

yeah, it's an odd situation. Meltzer is saying they'll do tapings tonight not a tribute show or continuing the McMahon death story line. Maybe they'll just do a straight wrestling show for ECW tonight with no storylines, then restart stuff on Monday's tapings

WWE has taken all Chris Benoit merchandise off of their site and the event description of Wrestlemania XX where he won the title is now described as....Triple H defends his World Heavyweight Championship against Shawn Michaels. When it was a triple threat match.

Edited by MHizzle85

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
WWE has taken all Chris Benoit merchandise off of their site and the event description of Wrestlemania XX where he won the title is now described as....Triple H defends his World Heavyweight Championship against Shawn Michaels. When it was a triple threat match.

They are really distancing themselves from this.

Especially if the TMZ details are correct, then I can see why.

Wow.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
They are really distancing themselves from this.

Especially if the TMZ details are correct, then I can see why.

Wow.

I'm gonna check out the TMZ stuff now, but I am kind of torn. You can't re-write history. Plenty of wrestlers have done bad stuff in the past, maybe not to this or even near this extent, but are still remembered.

I guess I'll wait and see when the facts come out.

I just think trying to re-write WM XX main event is impossible.