Chris Benoit...

Rewriting Wrestlemania XX is a slap in the face of all wrestling history.

--

What's particularly new about this story? We knew about the murder-suicide. Strangle-smother is a new detail but it doesn't tell me much more. I'd like to know toxicology, suicide note and what else was going on.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:55 AM)

--

What's particularly new about this story? We knew about the murder-suicide. Strangle-smother is a new detail but it doesn't tell me much more. I'd like to know toxicology, suicide note and what else was going on.

This new report makes Benoit look like a psychopathic monster. To strangle hsi wife, leave her in the house, while he and his son watched the PPV, than smothered his kid while he was in bed. That is horrific. Can't blame WWE for dropping everything Benoit, but they don't have to re-write history.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:55 AM)

--

What I took from it, was it was still kind of up in the air about who killed who, etc... this seems to be confirming some of the speculation. Also, it gives a timeline, including the chance he was watching the PPV with his son and texting people during it. Also, I believe it's the first time I read he may have killed his son and wife that far apart.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:01 PM)
I dont get with all the tributes. USA airing a 3-hour tribute. HE killed a 7 year old and his wife.

Why do we tribute that?

They didn't know the details at the time. They found out, what, 4 hours before the show that they were dead and that is all they knew.

I see why ECW and SD are not tributes now.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)
Check cnn.com, its on the front page

That, just like everything else, is just speculation.. Everything has said its believed that he did such and such.. Like I said, I don't believe it till its all out

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
That, just like everything else, is just speculation.. Everything has said its believed that he did such and such.. Like I said, I don't believe it till its all out

I'm feel the same way, but it is coming out from investigators and people at the scene. Multiple sources are reporting the same thing.

I was watching baseballchannel.tv this morning and they got on the subject of this with a reporter and he said that people have roid rage that goes to extremes. It is possible that is what happened. He just snapped.

I won't be surprised if that is what comes out when the autopsies and toxicology reports are public.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)

"ATLANTA (AP) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday."

I sure do believe the law enforcement official is not speculating with that statement.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:23 PM)
I was watching baseballchannel.tv this morning and they got on the subject of this with a reporter and he said that people have roid rage that goes to extremes. It is possible that is what happened. He just snapped.

I won't be surprised if that is what comes out when the autopsies and toxicology reports are public.

"Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths.."

Very sad.

I heard about him hanging himself in the weight room about two hours after the news broke yesterday, but didn't want to start the rumor. I don't think this is a case of roid rage. From the sound of it, Benoit's been a troubled individual for a while now.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
They are really distancing themselves from this.

Especially if the TMZ details are correct, then I can see why.

Wow.

Others should too-like having a killer in a signature tribute. That body slammed me the wrong way

Before her grisly death, Chris Benoit's wife once told a judge that she was, "intimidated by threats of violence" from her 220 lb. husband.

In divorce papers filed in 2003, Nancy Benoit included a petition for protection from domestic abuse against Chris. In the papers, Nancy claimed that Benoit, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture." Nancy added that she was, "in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child."

Three months later, Nancy filed to have the divorce papers and the restraining order dismissed. A short time later, a judge granted her wish.

As TMZ first reported, law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe he strangled his wife on Saturday, smothered his son on Sunday and then hanged himself on Monday.

From TMZ.

I hope this sicko enjoys his stay in hell.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 12:52 PM)
From TMZ.

I hope this sicko enjoys his stay in hell.

Yikes. I never would of guessed this was happening judging by what other people thought of him.

2004 was when he won the World Heavyweight Title, so they were obviously having problems before that.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 01:11 PM)
You are one misinformed person.

Exactly. Roid rage doesn't cause a person to commit a calculated double murder/suicide, including calling his employer about a "family emergency", killing his wife one day, his son the next, and finally himself, all in a peroid of several days. That's call evil, not roid rage.

Yeah I will definitely admit Benoit was a heck of a liar and actor for him to do something this evil with nobody being able to see it coming and in fact thinking he is some sort of great guy.

I really don't know where to start.

You don't have to be a "liar and actor" to do something this evil and have nobody suspect it/see it coming/think you're a great guy. The big bad man that kills his family and kills your mother and rapes your sister and steals your cat for a dogfight and breaks into your house and takes your identity doesn't live across the city in a big bad neighborhood.

He lives right next door. He lives inside your house.

Everyday people do things like this. Are they evil? Sometimes. Sometimes they just do an evil thing. If Martha Stewart blew her kid's brains out, it'd be a hideous thing, and an evil act but would I call her an "evil person" or a "great actress"? Probably not.

The truth is we're all capable of awful things and we all carry different faces in different times with different people. It's amazing how many wifebeaters, child molestors and murderers are normal people who just snap, or who have a bad relationship with someone. We've all got awful characteristics inside of us. We are all potential wifebeaters. We are all potential murderers.

I don't think Benoit was a phony. I don't know that he was (or wasn't) evil. But give me a break with your broadbrushes and nonsense.

I'm not sure how much of this was methodical. We'll find out soon enough. Sounds like he was losing his mind to me. Fight with the wife? Sounds common. Kills her, then says, "What have I done?" and loses it from there.

You hear about the "bizarre" text messages he was sending to WWE. I don't know what they were all about. Maybe we'll know, maybe not, but I really think he just lost it and everything went to hell from there.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 01:11 PM)
You are one misinformed person.

I guess I don't find this story too hard to believe. He was a grown man wearing tights and pretending to beat up men for a living while most likely taking steroids.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 01:19 PM)
I really don't know where to start.

You don't have to be a "liar and actor" to do something this evil and have nobody suspect it/see it coming/think you're a great guy. The big bad man that kills his family and kills your mother and rapes your sister and steals your cat for a dogfight and breaks into your house and takes your identity doesn't live across the city in a big bad neighborhood.

He lives right next door. He lives inside your house.

Everyday people do things like this. Are they evil? Sometimes. Sometimes they just do an evil thing. If Martha Stewart blew her kid's brains out, it'd be a hideous thing, and an evil act but would I call her an "evil person" or a "great actress"? Probably not.

The truth is we're all capable of awful things and we all carry different faces in different times with different people. It's amazing how many wifebeaters, child molestors and murderers are normal people who just snap, or who have a bad relationship with someone. We've all got awful characteristics inside of us. We are all potential wifebeaters. We are all potential murderers.

I don't think Benoit was a phony. I don't know that he was (or wasn't) evil. But give me a break with your broadbrushes and nonsense.

I'm not sure how much of this was methodical. We'll find out soon enough. Sounds like he was losing his mind to me. Fight with the wife? Sounds common. Kills her, then says, "What have I done?" and loses it from there.

You hear about the "bizarre" text messages he was sending to WWE. I don't know what they were all about. Maybe we'll know, maybe not, but I really think he just lost it and everything went to hell from there.

I can't believe somebody is arguing against the statement that somebody who kills their family and themself is evil, and compares it to the fact we are all capable of doing awful things, as well as saying people that do this are everywhere. My apologies for riding my high horse about a double murderer of his own family, I guess I do ask too much of people.

I can't believe somebody is arguing against the statement that somebody who kills their family and themself is evil, and compares it to the fact we are all capable of doing awful things, as well as saying people that do this are everywhere. My apologies for riding my high horse about a double murderer of his own family, I guess I do ask too much of people.

I just think it's odd that you pop in here going off about how much of a bastard Benoit is as if it's anywhere near that simple. It isn't. (I didn't even know you were a wrestling fan.) And I just think the assertion that Benoit's been lying about who he is was a dishonest, misinformed thing to accuse him or anyone of.

But we're not going to have much of a discussion, so let's leave it at that.