Chris Benoit...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
If he shot his wife and kid, he is a piece of s*** and hope he rots in hell. How does a parent kill his kid.

He kills his wife on Friday. Then the son was killed on Saturday.

Then he kills himself on Sunday.

There were no gun shots

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only other detail I don't see in the other posts is the guy said the wife was bounded by her wrists and ankles and there was some blood that had come from her head.

Yeah, the blood part seems weird, although this whole thing is odd/weird. The text messages, according to wwe.com, were sent to Chavo. No report on what was said.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
Yeah, the blood part seems weird, although this whole thing is odd/weird. The text messages, according to wwe.com, were sent to Chavo. No report on what was said.

I'd guess there was a struggle to tie her up which lead to the blood. Once she was tied up, I guess he suffocated her. And of course a 7 year old wouldn't be able to fight off this guy, so there was no struggle there at all.

I'm really interested as to what they those text messages said. If he sent them on Saturday, based on the timeline of what the guy said (the mom died Friday, kid on Saturday morning), that would mean he sent them after killing his family with 2 dead bodies in the house that he put bibles next to. Talk about bizarre.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
The steroids findings would seem to suggest the media is going to be licking its chops to beat up on professional wrestlling again. I have a feeling that what Vince McMahon and the WWE are about to endure will make the steriods trial of the 80's and the Owen Hart tragedy look small in comparison.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know WWE instituted a "Wellness Program" to attempt to deal with drugs, but this discovery isn't going to help them at all.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
The steroids findings would seem to suggest the media is going to be licking its chops to beat up on professional wrestlling again. I have a feeling that what Vince McMahon and the WWE are about to endure will make the steriods trial of the 80's and the Owen Hart tragedy look small in comparison.

The number of deaths among wrestlers are pretty astounding. Obviously none this crazy, but a ton have died at very young ages.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:38 PM)
The number of deaths among wrestlers are pretty astounding. Obviously none this crazy, but a ton have died at very young ages.

It makes one wonder why the government is focusing on steriods in baseball, when pro wrestlers have been dying in their 30's and 40's at an alarming rate compared to the rest of the population. In perspective, this is not about a homerun record, people are dying.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
If he shot his wife and kid, he is a piece of s*** and hope he rots in hell. How does a parent kill his kid.

He kills his wife on Friday. Then the son was killed on Saturday.

Then he kills himself on Sunday.

:unsure:

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
It makes one wonder why the government is focusing on steriods in baseball, when pro wrestlers have been dying in their 30's and 40's at an alarming rate compared to the rest of the population. In perspective, this is not about a homerun record, people are dying.

Actually, most of their deaths were from drug use more so then they just died from using steroids..

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Steff, you're a wrestling fan?

--

Steroids in baseball? Try drugs in football. Football + wrestling have incredible death rates. Both have a lot of drugs, lots of bad guys, and both have brutal schedules and are brutal in and of themselves.

Good point. I only metion baseball because that seems to be what our government is interested in. ...and baseball seems to be a common point of interest for us. When it comes to steriods in pro sports, I don't think we have even found the tip of the iceberg yet.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
I saw a report that a gun was used. Doesnt matter how it happened, you dont kill people, and you dont kill your children.

No s*** sherlock.

But at least try not to make an ass of yourself by posting bulls***. And no you didn't see anything about a gun because from the start the reports have said "NO GUNSHOT OR STAB WOUNDS".

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:46 PM)
Good point. I only metion baseball because that seems to be what our government is interested in. ...and baseball seems to be a common point of interest for us. When it comes to steriods in pro sports, I don't think we have even found the tip of the iceberg yet.

It's a bigger deal because of records in baseball.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
No s*** sherlock.

But at least try not to make an ass of yourself by posting bulls***. And no you didn't see anything about a gun because from the start the reports have said "NO GUNSHOT OR STAB WOUNDS".

Well its good to see the hormones are in full affect. Good day.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
No s*** sherlock.

Exactly

Since the very beginning there was never a report of a gun used in this

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Steff, you're a wrestling fan?

When I was a youngster and lived in Florida my dad used to drag me to see the 4 Horsemen every friggin week. Lex Lugar and Rick Flair were "uncles" It was strange back then. When I moved back to Illinois I lost interest since I was back on the Sox full time.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)
Well its good to see the hormones are in full affect. Good day.

I'll take raging hormones over stupidity anyday. You have a lovely day also.

On another report, they say that he sent Chavo the texts while watching Vengance (sp?) with his kid. I wonder if they said something like, "Chavo, I have to do something about this. I can't take it anymore." Something of that sort, where so Chavo knew something was wrong with Chris. Then, since he killed his wife first, his wife was dead in the other room, while his son probably didn't even know it. In that case, the texts could of said something like "He's next, Chavo." :crying :huh

Edited by briguy27

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 07:45 PM)
I really don't like this. Not just because it's all so tragic and awful but because it means that every Mediot is going to chomp at the bits about things they don't understand.

with all due respect, i think the tragedy of this situation is far, far more significant than whatever media spin is put on it. and i'm not sure what part of a murder/suicide the media or people who aren't big wrestling fans wouldn't understand.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
On another report, they say that he sent Chavo the texts while watching Vengance with his kid (sp?) I wonder if they said something like, "Chavo, I have to do something about this. I can't take it anymore." Something of that sort, where so Chavo knew something was wrong with Chris. Then, since he killed his wife first, his wife was dead in the other room, while his son probably didn't even know it. In that case, the texts could of said something like "He's next, Chavo." :crying :huh

Great...now more speculating.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
Actually, most of their deaths were from drug use more so then they just died from using steroids..

It will be interesting to see if all of these baseball juicers from the last decade start dropping dead in their 40s due to enlarged hearts, etc.