Chris Benoit...

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
When I was a youngster and lived in Florida my dad used to drag me to see the 4 Horsemen every friggin week. Lex Lugar and Rick Flair were "uncles" It was strange back then. When I moved back to Illinois I lost interest since I was back on the Sox full time.

I'll take raging hormones over stupidity anyday. You have a lovely day also.

Well lets see. You could say. You are wrong about your post. The reports are that no gun was used. I dont know where you saw that or if you saw that but its wrong.

But its better to throw personal attacks, piss and venom.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
On another report, they say that he sent Chavo the texts while watching Vengance (sp?) with his kid. I wonder if they said something like, "Chavo, I have to do something about this. I can't take it anymore." Something of that sort, where so Chavo knew something was wrong with Chris. Then, since he killed his wife first, his wife was dead in the other room, while his son probably didn't even know it. In that case, the texts could of said something like "He's next, Chavo." :crying :huh

Ok ide like to know where you got that report from, it looks like total bulls*** to me and completely made up..

Especially since CNN pretty much just said they believe she was killed friday, daniel was killed saturday (a day BEFORE the PPV) and benoit killed himself sometime Sunday

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
Well lets see. You could say. You are wrong about your post. The reports are that no gun was used. I dont know where you saw that or if you saw that but its wrong.

But its better to throw personal attacks, piss and venom.

It's everywhere. Stop being an idiot.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
with all due respect, i think the tragedy of this situation is far, far more significant than whatever media spin is put on it. and i'm not sure what part of a murder/suicide the media or people who aren't big wrestling fans wouldn't understand.

It definitely goes first. But out of this unfathomable tragedy will rise a media looking to crucify the wrestling industry's existence. It's going to be miserable.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
It definitely goes first. But out of this unfathomable tragedy will rise a media looking to crucify the wrestling industry's existence. It's going to be miserable.

And my dream come true.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
It will be interesting to see if all of these baseball juicers from the last decade start dropping dead in their 40s due to enlarged hearts, etc.

More of them would go due to liver failure would be my guess.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
So what, now we can't guess what the texts could have said?

Whats the point of it, besides creating another unsubstantiated rumor?

What happens if someone does a google search and sees your post, scans it quickly, then turns around and posts it as fact?

We know the texts were bizarre, we know the act was bizarre, there is no reason to speculate any further about what was texted.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)

well, is that such a bad thing? i mean, at the end of the day the wrestling industry will be fine. there is a pretty solid niche market there and lots of fans who pay good money to watch these guys perform. wrestling isn't going anywhere.

will there be feature stories on steroids and the sport? sure. will there be a recapping of wrestlers who've either died young, been involved in tragic circumstances, or struggled with life outside of the ring? probably.

if you don't like those things, my advice would be to turn the dial. we have that right. and heck, at the end of the day if these stories or incidents cause the industry to step back and assess its culture, well, to me, that would be a good thing.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok ide like to know where you got that report from, it looks like total bulls*** to me and completely made up..

Especially since CNN pretty much just said they believe she was killed friday, daniel was killed saturday (a day BEFORE the PPV) and benoit killed himself sometime Sunday

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=184880542

Like I said, they were sent to Chavo

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
It will be interesting to see if all of these baseball juicers from the last decade start dropping dead in their 40s due to enlarged hearts, etc.

Most early deaths in the wrestling business are caused by wrestlers taking painkillers and/or other illegal druges, not steroids. This going along with the extreme amount of contact they go through day in and day out is not a good combo. WWE has had a steroid testing program on its main roster and developmental rosters for a few years now, and I can only recall there being one person caught in this time frame.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=184880542

Like I said, they were sent to Chavo

Yeah I know I have seen that

I missunderstood your post and thought that the text messages you posted were what was reported as being sent, not that it was what you were speculating.. my bad

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
Most early deaths in the wrestling business are caused by wrestlers taking painkillers and/or other illegal druges, not steroids. This going along with the extreme amount of contact they go through day in and day out is not a good combo. WWE has had a steroid testing program on its main roster and developmental rosters for a few years now, and I can only recall there being one person caught in this time frame.

I think one quick fix would be scaling back the schedule, but that would obviously be a major economic hit to WWE. I believe some of these guys do something like 250+ shows a year, plus all the travel.

C'mon, I'm sure you all are capable of having a discussion without calling people silly names, and making ignorant statements. Start doing it now please.

Also, no reason to start any more rumors about this incident

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
And my dream come true.

Go take your sanctimony and your piousness to another thread of "OMG! GEORGE BOOSH IS TEH EVILS". In fact, take your rhetoric clogged latte liberal jackass holier than thou self to some re-runs of the Colbert Report.

I didn't sit here during the Sopranos and say "Did you know that they all dress up as supposed mobsters and pretend to run a crime syndicate? Did you know that they only pretend to shoot each other?" No, I and the other wrestling fans here didn't.

Every show is choreographed and scripted. But it is hilarious for you to single out wrestling because it doesn't meet your high brow liberal cultural standards of knowing what is good for everybody.

So, go take your anti-pro wrestling bias and have a nice cool glass of shut the f*** up and leave us the f*** alone on this warm summer evening.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)

I remember they caught Mercury and Masters at the least...And Eugene got sent home to rehab for painkiller abuse.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 06:10 PM)
I remember they caught Mercury and Masters at the least...And Eugene got sent home to rehab for worst spammer ever abuse.

Orton as well has been caught violating the wellness program

In an interview with ESPN.com, Fayetteville, Georgia District Attorney Scott Ballard revealed new information on two text messages that Chris Benoit sent to Chavo Guerrero over the weekend. In the first message, Benoit told Guerrero that Nancy and Daniel Benoit were both sick. It is believed that Benoit sent this message after he had already killed both Nancy and Daniel. In the second message, Benoit told Guerrero that the gates to his house were open and that dogs were outside. It is believed that he sent the second message as a way of making sure the bodies were all found after his suicide.

Even more shocking is that Benoit's son, Daniel, was apparently found with needle marks in his arm. According to Ballard, the boy was being given Human Growth Hormones because the family thought he was undersized.

The article also states that Benoit used weights and the pulley of a piece of exercise equipment to hang himself.