Chris Benoit...

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
Except Brian and MHizzle still have tribute sigs to this bastard. It was nice of you to take the "the only side effect of steroids is excellence" quote off of your sig though. :huh

Yeah because the steroids in Benoit's house were clearly for his kid, and doctors always let the kids dad inject him with steroids for an illness.

I don't know how to take that exactly, but I believe you're a little misunderstanding. Authorities yesterday said they found needle marks on Daniel's arms, and they assumed Chris had been giving him steroids "for quite some time". Disturbing. What Pratt meant was that it was maybe not so disturbing after all, as the needle marks could have been from medicine for Daniel's mental disorder.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:55 AM)
I don't know how to take that exactly, but I believe you're a little misunderstanding. Authorities yesterday said they found needle marks on Daniel's arms, and they assumed Chris had been giving him steroids "for quite some time". Disturbing. What Pratt meant was that it was maybe not so disturbing after all, as the needle marks could have been from medicine for Daniel's mental disorder.

Well of course. I'm not sure who was assuming he was giving his kid steroids, I wasn't (although I did say if he was I wouldn't be surprised). Doesn't make him any less sick if he wasn't giving his kid steroids though.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
Benoit sounds really f***ed up. Seems like it might have a lot to do with drugs. It doesn't absolve him but it definitely adds a layer of depth.

There have been dozens upon dozens of other wrestlers on just as much if not more stuff than Benoit who never did anything remotely close to this, so using the drugs as an excuse is simply not accurate.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 01:19 PM)
Who the f*** is using it as an excuse?

You keep saying it as if it played a factor. Excuse was a bad word to use, but if the drugs played a factor in this, why hasn't any other wrestler sunk to this level. With the number of mentally ill people in this country, odds are at least a few other wrestlers doped up on god knows what have had mental problems.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:48 AM)
Good...Benoit ranks right up there with the scum of the earth. f*** the jag off and as far as I'm concerned if I viewed avatars (I have them off) I wouldn't not allow any RIP avatars on this site because all they are doing is immortalizing a guy that murdered his family (it is one thing to say sorry to his friends and family but it is another to say sorry to Benoit...f*** that selfish asshole).

Sorry, maybe a bit harsh but I can't believe the amount of people defending this f***. (I've kept quiet on this issue as to not sound out until the facts are out but it pretty much appears the facts are out now).

There is a difference between the performer/character Chris Benoit and the human being Chris Benoit.

I can, and do, still appreciate the in-ring work of Benoit because as a professional, he was immaculate in the ring. There is a full divorce between the in-ring character and who he was when he exited the stadium.

As a human being, it was a tragic set of circumstances that he was seen as the macho badass and was naturally introverted (according to friends from when he was young, he'd sit and stay quiet and play by himself). It isn't easy to go out and seek mental health assistance in the first place (let alone having built up the aura of being the hardcore badass with a natural tendency for much introversion) and keep it consistent, especially when you're on the road 320 days a year for work. It is difficult to ask for that kind of assistance because one may lose their job for not being able to perform and because it could shatter other peoples' opinions of you. But I do appreciate the people here that can simplify such a complex situation that would bring a man to commit such a horrid offense into a little sound bite of calling him a "f***".

It is not only a tragic loss for Nancy's family, Daniel's relatives and the surviving kids from Chris's previous marriage, but for Chris as well. It is saddening and tragic that circumstances and issues would have gotten so severe for one man that he would end up choosing to commit this heinous offense.

I don't condone what he did but I'm not going to participate in his de-humanization because that is the chic thing to do. I'd rather be pro-active and look at the current supports within the pro wrestling industry to ensure that mental health and assistance supports can be more readily available for wrestlers as it is with more traditional medical supports.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 12:31 PM)
Malenko's real last name is Simon, so it could be that.

It may also be Shane O'Mac.

Just guesses.

I read that about Dean's real last name. But, it's also kinda weird that he'd call him by his last initial. Usually when you use an initial for someone, it's their first name.

Do you really think it could be Shane? Or are you just joking?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
I read that about Dean's real last name. But, it's also kinda weird that he'd call him by his last initial. Usually when you use an initial for someone, it's their first name.

Do you really think it could be Shane? Or are you just joking?

It may well have been. It was the only one who came to me off the top of my head.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
Except Brian and MHizzle still have tribute sigs to this bastard. It was nice of you to take the "the only side effect of steroids is excellence" quote off of your sig though. :huh

Oh, don't worry.. that is coming back after im done with my Randy Orton tribute

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
Hey ignorance is bliss, I won't argue with you.

Nah, it just depends on what you condone and what you don't.. just because you don't agree with it really doesn't change my opinion on it in the least little bit

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
The quote in your sig is awesome :notworthy

The Legend Killer :cheers

You :cheers

Randy Orton is the man, nice to see another Orton fan :cheers

They talked a little about the Benoit situation on Around the Horn. It is humorous how Mariotti makes up facts to prove his point. Said both Eddie and Hennig died of steroids. WRONG.

Eddie had enlarged arteries because of other drugs he used in his past and Hennig died of cocaine overdose. Both guys were probably on roids, but not the reason they passed.

Now they are talking on PTI. There is no union for wrestlers, unfortunately. You can't regulate things there.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
What the f***, man. Now every jackass who knows nothing about wrestling is going to go out and make s*** up about Eddie and Benoit and Molly Holly.

No s***, its really pissing me off on how all these people are so ignorant about all of this..

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
What the f***, man. Now every jackass who knows nothing about wrestling is going to go out and make s*** up about Eddie and Benoit and Crash Holly.

Fixed.

It's to be expected. Whenever something happens concerning wrestling, it will be ripped apart because pro wrestling isn't excepted socially by most people, and they will bury it whenever they can. So what if it is pre-determined. These guys put their bodies on the line and health every night.

I'd love to see some of these jags get in a ring and just try and take basic bumps.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
What the f***, man. Now every jackass who knows nothing about wrestling is going to go out and make s*** up about Eddie and Benoit and Molly Holly.

What did Molly Holly ever do?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
Fixed.

It's to be expected. Whenever something happens concerning wrestling, it will be ripped apart because pro wrestling isn't excepted socially by most people, and they will bury it whenever they can. So what if it is pre-determined. These guys put their bodies on the line and health every night.

I'd love to see some of these jags get in a ring and just try and take basic bumps.

Yeah, some douche on Jim Rome said that none of them are athletes, they are just actors

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:50 PM)
Yeah, some douche on Jim Rome said that none of them are athletes, they are just actors

Let Rome and the other blowhards just run the ropes for a few minutes. It'll be hilarious to watch them puke moments afterwards and fall down near death like little b****es. Or take a few stiff chops.