White Sox Winner!

briguy27

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 02:23 AM)
I'm not crazy about these wins.

Yeah, I must agree. I don't mind winning as long as KW realizes we won't make the playoffs. The worst thing that could happen would be KW keeping the team intact if we got on a little winning streak, and then missed the playoffs. It would do nothing to solve one of our biggest problems: age... We are not a young team by any means, and I really want us to bring in some young, quality talent by the trade deadline.

This just brings false hope, and Pedro Alvares is slowly slipping out of our grasps...

Hope you are kidding. I want us to win every game we play.

I mean do you want the Sox to lose every night?

That is absurd IMO.

Do some of you really want the Sox to lose? I am baffled by this.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
Hope you are kidding. I want us to win every game we play.

I mean do you want the Sox to lose every night?

That is absurd IMO.

Hey, I got no problem with the team losing everynight if it means we get Pedro Alvares/top player in the draft next year. We aren't making the playoffs this year, and we are severly lacking in top talent. I love the White Sox, but I'd have no problem with the team losing every single game from here on out.

My prediction though is that for the next few weeks we play good, so KW thinks theres a chance, so doesn't trade anyone, and then in the 2nd half we are terrible again. That will piss me off more then anything.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 02:38 AM)
I doubt he ever has two games in a row like this again in the majors or minors.

He's really not that bad of a player. He should be a fine bench player for the Sox in the next couple seasons, especially because he has been deemed by Ozzie as a guy who can play every position on the field. His career minor league OBP is around .360, so I imagine he can get on at a .330 clip as a part-time player.

The odds of Pedro not making it big are MUCH greater than him making it big.

I have better things to do than dream about some guy who may or may not even make the bigs,

stay healthy, etc.

I mean what are the odds?

Look at all the can't miss prospects who suck.

CJ Henry. 5 tool player? Uh .200 hitter.

There are no guarantees. I'd rather win now and worry about drafts later, but that's just me.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)

I have better things to do than dream about some guy who may or may not even make the bigs,

stay healthy, etc.

There are no guarantees. I'd rather win now and worry about drafts later, but that's just me.

Not only is it about draft picks, but it's about false hope and getting this team younger and more talented in the future. We are not going to make the playoffs this year, and we are an old, slow, unathletic team. We go on a 5 game win streak, and to KW, that means buy, we're close. Bad idea. We're going to gut the farm for nothing? No thanks.

I love it when the Sox win, but winning isn't getting us anywhere right now. It's like winning gold in the special olympics...

stay healthy, etc.

Listen, I see what you are getting at. But all the games the Sox will be playing from here on out will either be pointless or to try and weaken someone else out of the playoffs. I love the White Sox and I don't like to see them suck, but hey, we do suck. I'd like us to get a top draft pick and be better off in the long run rather then getting another mid round pick, and probably another mediocre "safe" pick.

stay healthy, etc.

There's a better chance of a top 5 pick becoming an elite major league talent than there is a guy selected in the middle of the first round. Even if the Sox drafted Alvarez/other top 3 pick just played well for his first year or 2 in the minors they'd be an incredible asset on the trade market. If KW decided he wanted to pick up more accomplished professional ballplayers in return for Alvarez' huge upside.

If I had a choice between this Sox team winning 64 games or 75 (I think this is the ceiling for the '07 Sox), I'll take 64 in a heartbeat. 11 more wins does absolutely nothing for you.

I love it when the Sox win, but winning isn't getting us anywhere right now. It's like winning gold in the special olympics...

You are assuming KW is a complete moron.

He's not going to decide we are great if we start winning.

I am not saying we are going to make a splash, but my god, why give up?

What if somehow we start hitting (paulie, thome and aj were 6-12 tonight) and got red hot

and crept close to .500 by the break.

The Astros sucked a cuople years ago and rallied.

Again ... I do not think this will happen, but to want us to lose I believe is ridiculous.

I want the Sox to win every night.

Am I alone in this???

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)

What if somehow we start hitting (paulie, thome and aj were 6-12 tonight) and got red hot

Again ... I do not think this will happen, but to want us to lose I believe is ridiculous.

Am I alone in this???

I want the Sox to win every night, but in order for the Sox to make the playoffs, they are pretty much going to have to win every night. It's just not going to happen this season.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)

Am I alone in this???

Well yeah, if it WAS possible for the White Sox to win every night, I'd be down for that. Do I hope deep down that the White Sox will win every single game and win the world series, of course. Everyone does. But I am also a realist and a baseball fan, and right now winning doesn't help this team.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
Listen, I see what you are getting at. But all the games the Sox will be playing from here on out will either be pointless or to try and weaken someone else out of the playoffs. I love the White Sox and I don't like to see them suck, but hey, we do suck. I'd like us to get a top draft pick and be better off in the long run rather then getting another mid round pick, and probably another mediocre "safe" pick.

All you ever hear around here is how you can't get elite talent like Andrew Miller or Justin Verlander unless you have absolutely terrible seasons and get a top 10 pick which the Sox haven't had in forever. So this is season is a golden opportunity to tear apart an old, expensive team as well as lose 90+ games and pick up a top 5 pick. All of which should make this team better in the long run.

I'm so greatful for 2005 and hell even the strong attempt the organization made to go for it in 2006 but I'm about ready to dismantle this club and build it back up from the ground up. We, the fans, got to see a WS victory followed by a solid 90 win ballclub now it's time to rebuild this organization for the future and I have no problem with it.

So the Sox have to go what? 64-25 the rest of the way to reach 95 victories? How does that seem attainable to anybody?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
But winning helps my mood.

Doesn't it help yours?

I want to win.

Not to be rude, but we could give a s*** less about your mood. I want to see a young, talented team that will compete in the near future.

How can it possibly be perceived as a bad thing that a fan wants his team to lose if said fan believes losing some games now will mean many more wins in the future? I mean, if I think the Sox tanking the rest of the season will only make the team better in the long run how can I be perceived as a bad fan?

I want what's best for the team, if it means losing 100 games this season then so be it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 02:59 AM)
All you ever hear around here is how you can't get elite talent like Andrew Miller or Justin Verlander unless you have absolutely terrible seasons and get a top 10 pick which the Sox haven't had in forever. So this is season is a golden opportunity to tear apart an old, expensive team as well as lose 90+ games and pick up a top 5 pick. All of which should make this team better in the long run.

I'm so greatful for 2005 and hell even the strong attempt the organization made to go for it in 2006 but I'm about ready to dismantle this club and build it back up from the ground up. We, the fans, got to see a WS victory followed by a solid 90 win ballclub now it's time to rebuild this organization for the future and I have no problem with it.

So the Sox have to go what? 64-25 the rest of the way to reach 95 victories? How does that seem attainable to anybody?

:cheers Just about sums up my exact thoughts.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 09:45 PM)
Hey, I got no problem with the team losing everynight if it means we get Pedro Alvares/top player in the draft next year. We aren't making the playoffs this year, and we are severly lacking in top talent. I love the White Sox, but I'd have no problem with the team losing every single game from here on out.

My prediction though is that for the next few weeks we play good, so KW thinks theres a chance, so doesn't trade anyone, and then in the 2nd half we are terrible again. That will piss me off more then anything.

As bad as we are we still wont get the #1 pick. It's not a guarantee that our pick will turn out good anyways. I'd rather finish .500 than get the #1 pick.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

Not to be rude, but we could give a s*** less about your mood. I want to see a young, talented team that will compete in the near future.

I know you don't care about my mood.

I'm asking about your mood. You don't feel better when your team wins?

There are no guarantees about any draft pick.

My god, we could pick fifth and wind up with the best player.

I want to win every game.

I find it hard to believe I'm not in the majority.

I mean if I lived in chicago like before and had season tix, I'd damn well want to win the

games I attended.

Losing sucks.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)
I know you don't care about my mood.

I'm asking about your mood. You don't feel better when your team wins?

There are no guarantees about any draft pick.

My god, we could pick fifth and wind up with the best player.

I want to win every game.

I find it hard to believe I'm not in the majority.

I mean if I lived in chicago like before and had season tix, I'd damn well want to win the

games I attended.

Losing sucks.

We'll you really feel that much better if the team finishes at 75-87 than if they finished at 63-99? Either way you miss the playoffs but one of them brings you a much higher draft pick.